Risk: Factions

Everyone has heard of or played Risk at one point in their life and a game intended to be a strategist's oasis turns into a clusterfuck of board game pieces and annoying ass dice. Risk: Factions solves this problem and creates a great game worthy of a download from everyone here.

Risk: Factions campaign is a short 5 mission piece of the game in which you play as the stereotypical American general, Chairman Meow a cat seeking world domination, a robot doing the same, a zombie, and a yeti who is by far the most kick ass. You get to play one mission as each faction and has a story that is not really worth mentioning beyond the fact it exists.

The real fun of Risk begins when you play the custom matches and the online play booth of which are capable of 2 - 5 player games with AI. Easy to pick up i played this game 6 hours without stopping util i realized it was 5 AM and even after that could not get the thought of my triumphant victory in Africa and my subsequent charge through Europe and Northern Asia. its these moments of victory and tactical precision that sets Risk apart.

The xbox live matches are challenging to say the least i have only won 5 of the 7 i have played and i struggled in each but whenever you play with friends it gets really...how do i put it rivaly watching his moves while beating the AI and planning you invasion of his capitals. The more i think about it this game supports 5 people to play simultaneously which is very fitting for a small game night.

Risk: Factions is a great port of a board game and gets....................a 4 out of 5

Back