Sci-Fi Robot Overlords (2015)

Tom

An Old Friend
Title: Robot Overlords

Tagline: Mankind May Fall. Heroes Will Rise.

Genre: Science Fiction, Adventure, Action

Director: Jon Wright

Cast: Ben Kingsley, Gillian Anderson, Callan McAuliffe, Ella Hunt, Milo Parker, Geraldine James, Steven Mackintosh, Roy Hudd, Michael Stuart, Mark Asante, James Tarpey, Tamer Hassan, Justin Salinger, Lalor Roddy, David McSavage, Neil Brownlee, Craig Garner, Nicholas Farrell, Sonny Green, Lalor Roddy, Jonathan McAndrew, James Swain, Abigail Castleton, Jude Wright, Nicholas Farrell

Release: 2015-01-29

Runtime: 90

Plot: Earth has been conquered by robots from another galaxy and the human survivors must stay in their homes, or risk incineration.
Robot Overlords (2015)

MV5BMjM1ODc0MDgzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzcyNzE1NDE@._V1_SY317_CR2,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

90 min | Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi | 27 March 2015 (UK)
Robot Overlords (2014) - IMDb

Earth has been conquered by robots from a distant galaxy. Survivors are confined to their houses and must wear electronic implants, risking incineration by robot sentries if they venture outside.​

I found this mildly entertaining. The robots and mechs were done pretty good.

Found it on {...}
http://{...}.com/jlv0ghw2dlaj.html
flv Flash Video 256mb

I loved it! Maybe not the greatest of this type - but well done and in some ways classic.
A good part of sci-fi is aimed at a younger audience with maybe the teenage years being the central target
- BUT what makes a sci-fi movie {or series} classic, in my opinion, is that it has appeal to all ages - Kids might still enjoy it and even older more sophisticated viewers will still find it entertaining.

The odd thing about this movie is when you look it up on IMDb, which gives viewers opinions, the reviews were mostly negative but the professional critics liked it - so I watched it - glad I did 'cause I'm finding it harder and harder to find a movie or series to watch that I haven't seen.

I give ROBOT OVERLORDS 4 out of 5 or 8 out of 10.