Rock legend Lou Reed 'dead aged 71'

Azhria Lilu

Captain
Rock legend Lou Reed has died aged 71, Rolling Stone is reporting tonight (Sunday October 27).

The cause of his death was not released but he underwent a liver transplant in May.

The American musician, whose biggest hits include Perfect Day and Walk on the Wild Side, also celebrated a solo career. Tributes have poured in for the legendary songwriter and guitarist.

Mick Hucknall wrote: "RIP Lou Reed 71. You defined New York City. Too f****** young. Wayy too young. Berlin one of my most loved albums.

The official Twitter account of The Who said: "R.I.P. Lou Reed. Walk on the peaceful side."

Author Irvine Welsh wrote on Twitter: “Sad to hear about Lou Reed passing. Such a star. RIP Lou, and thanks for giving us Perfect Day for Trainspotting.”

Danny Baker reflected: "Curiously perhaps, I never cared for the Velvet Underground. But I really, really liked a lot of Lou Reed."

Comedy writer David Quantick tweeted: “RIP Lou Reed. This, by him with John Cale, is one of the most beautiful things ever made.”

Musician Darren Hayman added: “It’s a long rough haul being a Lou Reed fan. Many troughs, beautiful peaks. Push comes to shove though, he was my favourite. Never boring.”

Attachments

• loureed.jpg
    loureed.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 126
Back