Romance Fan Fiction Contests

Are you interested in participating in Fan Fiction Contest that the Mod's setup?

• 1. Yes! I love the contest and reading all the entries.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. No! I don't believe in the competition.

• 3. AA holds fanfic contest?

• 4. Yes, but I don't like the previous requirements.

• Total voters

Galicdreamer

These Words, From My Heart...
Okay guys, we (the Mods) were wondering if you guys were interested in participating in fanfic contests. We ask because we do currently have a contest running (which will end at the end of August) and there hasn't been a lot of response. So we want to know what you guys think. If you are interested let us know what we can do to make the contest more appealing!!

Still looking for input from some more people.
So far we have 6 votes -- obviously it's not very many for a site this large.

Please post some feedback here as well. let us know what you would like to see in the future.

okay, i already voted, but here's my feedback... i love the contests!!!! :smiley: i just never get round to entering... i've finished writing my fic for the current one ... i just have to type it and post it... but yeah.. i love them!! :smiley:

I like the idea of contests, but I couldn't come up with anything for the romance contest this time around...but in general, I'm a big fan of them :smiley:

yeah.. i'd love to have a go at one when i realised AA does contests but i figured it was too late to write one for the august contest

Okay so is everyone still interested in writing? Because if you dont' like the requirements we're more than glad to hear input ;)
--Mandy :angelic:

I really enjoy the fanfic contests (both reading and writing) and I don't mind the requirements as long as I can implement them in a decent fic.

Maybe have different types of contests, for example, one with requirements (like the August contest) then the next contest with more flexibility. For me, its sometimes difficult trying to incorporate all the requirements (I usually forget that I'm suppose to have a certain item when I write, lol) and sometimes the requirements give me direction, thus I have an easier time writing. I guess it depends on whether I'm feeling creative enough or not.

oooh... i think it was in the Non-Alias fanfic contest that there was like a list of things that you had to pick a certain number of to put in a story... i think it would be easier to write all the elements in if you could chose from a list. :smiley:

I love them, but sometimes its hard to try and work the required elements into the storyline. maybe less required elements or more choices

EXAMPLE:

Sydney and Co. have to go on a mission to one of these places:

A. Ireland
B. Sri Lanka

or

C. Asia

I liked the contests with themes. The one and only fanfic contest I entered was the Valentine's Day theme. I found it easier to write for that because while it had some requirements it still had enough flexibility to go wherever I wanted to go with the fic.

i love fic contests. requirements, well it depends. sometimes i love them because they are really cool and help me guide my fic. but other times they are too specific. like, i like it when they say "must include simon" instead of "must include simon as the head of a new crime organization." i like requirements that give you flexibility. otherwise there is little room for creativity.

m-c

I agree, i like the ideas and requirments, but there needs to be some sort of flexibility also.

Hey, when are we going to hear the placements for the August fanfic challenge, i'm dyin' over here, i keep coming on everyday hoping it'll be posted.

i like the idea of these, i just never know when its on and by the time i read the post i have no time to enter... ill check more frequently next time. i think themed ones are good :smiley:

hey :D

I love reading people's entries if the topic/ requierments have something that intrests me for sure, just sometimes I'm not interested in what people have to write about and i don't read them, but i do think having contests are a great idea and if one come's up with something that i like i'll be sure to enter it ;)

Aly xx