Romance Fiction Writers Union

If you ever get writers block, just write. Even if you think it's felgercarb. That's what i'm starting to do. An local author recommended it.

I know, but I feel like all I've been writing is felgercarb lately. I know exactly where I want my story to go, but tying up all the lose ends is turning out to be a bit of a b****! ;)
Thanks for the advice. I should definitely get off my lazy butt and write something. ^_^

haha Carolyn, no-one will hurt you!! but you really do need to update Heir to the throne! you got me liking Sarkney so you really should post the next chap!! (y) :P

michy said:
I know, but I feel like all I've been writing is felgercarb lately.  I know exactly where I want my story to go, but tying up all the lose ends is turning out to be a bit of a b****! ;)
Thanks for the advice.  I should definitely get off my lazy butt and write something. ^_^
[post="1118887"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I know what you mean. I've definatly been there a number of times. If you're stuck it's very hard to find the motivation to force yourself to continue. Sometimes what i do is start to write a whole different story compleltly. Or i just do something to get my mind off of the problem. Sometimes you just need to step away for awhile and then come back to it. Or sometimes you can get inspired by other things. Sometimes when i'm watching a movie i'll go "Hey, that's cool! What if Sydney did something like that!"

Writers block for me is when i know what i want to write but i don't know how too. Sometimes it's just a chapter. So if you know where you want your story to go i suggest skipping over the part of the story your having trouble with and moving forward slightly. There's nothing wrong with skipping forward to a chapter, just make sure when you go back that it makes sense.

Back