Ron to star in the new Superman Movie

Ive just read this over at Alias-media! Ron will be in the new superman movie as Perry! Didnt JJ wite the story?! Anyway this is cool! The rest of the cast are:

SUPERMAN..................Hugh Jackman
Lex Luthor..................Vin Diesel
Lois Lane....................Courtney Cox
Jimmy Olsen................Chris O'Donnell
Perry White................Ron Rifkin
FBI Agent...................Chris Cooper
Jor-El.........................Ian Mckellan
Zor-En.......................Jason Statham

That's funny. I just heard this morning that no one has been signed for Lois yet and they're considering Beonce. They also said that both Johnny Depp and Bruce Willis are being considered for Lex Luthor (please, not Vin Diesel! I'd like to see someone who can act . . .). Hm . . . out to Cinescape . . . but congrats to Ron!
;)

that doesn't sound right.

i've heard like 3 different versions of the cast for that movie and this is the first. i can actually see CC as Lois Lane. and i did hear about them considering Beyonce. but if they were to use CC as LL then they would have to wait until after she had the baby...i heard that they were going to start shooting this summer...

ahhh, confused. :P

Cinescape still has "no one confirmed as yet." I'd say that anything is still in the rumored stage. I hope that is true of Vin Diesel. All it says is that Anthony Hopkins has mentioned to the press that he might play Jor-El.
;)

Vin as Lex?? I can see Courtney as Lois... and Hugh as Superman is great! Another superhero for him to play! :lol: Is Ian McKellan confirmed? Love him!!! :D But Ron as Perry... definitely be a change to see him as someone other than Sloane! :lol:

I'm anxious to see how he portrays Perry. Will he follow one of the many molds carved out for him over the years through the comic books, tv shows and the original movies, or will he create an all new and improved Perry? My guess is that he ditches the molds and makes his own. Ron is a fantastic actor and I'm certain that he will add a new dynamic to Perry's character and make us all smile. :smiley:

Am I the only one who is skeptical about this cast list?

But gosh, if this were the cast I'd be seeing it for three reasons
1) Hugh Jackman [this man is so gorgoeus]
2) Ian McKellen [loved him as Gandalf in LOTR]
3) Ron Rifkin

Ok I can't wait to see this, Rifkin's going to play this so well, hehe when they show it I'll drag my friends, and then be like "Oh my god it's Sloane! Ahh!" lol 😆 and by the way my other friend has an obsession with saying rifkin so it should be amusing when she says it when we see it! I can't wait, it's gonna be a great movie! :smiley:

That cast list is not accurate. They have already started filming the movie in Australia with a guy I went to school with, Brandon Routh (an unknown) as Superman, Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane, and Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor.

Superman Returns (2006) - IMDb

Here is the correct cast member list for the new Superman movie.

I guess that other list was someone's dream cast. I can't imagine all of those people would have been cast for Superman.

Now that some time has passed, I don't have any strong recollection of this movie. I liked it when it came out, but now I'd say the movie was only average. The performances weren't strong enough.

Anyone still have a positive impression of this movie?

i loved superman returns (i actually own it)...i agree that the performances weren't that strong, but i still really enjoyed it!! and the visual effects were superb - they were what i enjoyed the most!! and the little kid was beyond cute and hilarious, especially when he says "you balled!" haha!! and spacey was great too!! but as you said superintellgentone the movie was definitely only average, but with awesome graphics!!

Back