Roswell

I don't know if there is another section on Roswell somewhere else or not, so sorry if there is and the someone with the power to move this post can do so ^_^! hehe. Anyways, Scifi has been showing Roswell in 4 or 5 hour segments lately. Only one day every three weeks or so, which is too bad. I had heard of the show before but I had never seen it and I deffinately didn't know what chanel it was playing on. So I was suprised when I was watching it and it went to a commercial and said something like "Roswell will be right back" lol.

Anyways, what is your favorite episode? Not too much detail, seeing as how some people (like me:P lol) have yet to see the series.

I love Roswell and one of my favorite episodes would have to be when Max came back from the future to change upcoming events and of course all the Christmas episodes with Isabel :P .

I can never decide on an absolute favorite, but some of them include "285 South," "Crazy," and "Destiny."

I'm disappointed that Sci-Fi hasn't been showing Roswell more frequesntly, but I have most of the episodes on tape.

They're also supposed to be coming out on DVD next January. I'm a poor college student, but I'm definately going to get them the day the come out.

there's gonna be a dvd?? that's awesome

the sci-fi channel shows them like every day don't they? or at least it seems like it. and there was just a marathon of them on the other day.

The sci-fi channel used to show them every day, but took them off a couple of months ago. I'm hoping they'll put them back on at some point, but who knows?

Katayla said:
They're also supposed to be coming out on DVD next January.
AHH!!! *adds it to her must buy DVD list...which is growing insanely large...* I can't wait! I want to see all of the episodes! ^.^! Thanks for the information!!!

ohmygod. i was like the hugest roswell fan. before alias, it was my obssession. i found out that a couple of my friends actually went to the same high school as shiri appleby.

my favorite episodes are definitely the pilot and the end of the world (the one where max comes back from the future). the end of that episode where liz is dancing alone makes me cry. :(

the only thing is, roswell was a perfect example of a show that succumbed to ratings-boosters which completely ruined the show in my opinion. i didn't even watch the third season because it was so bad (and because my college didn't pick up upn at the time).

i didn't know about the dvd though. i will definitely have to pick that up next january. the first season was amazing.

my absolute favorite scene of all time is in the pilot when liz is "reading' max's mind. ohmygod...gives me chills every time i watch it. and i never get tired of watching it. ^_^

I know, season three was bad...they moved everything way to quickly, like Isabel getting married.

i think they couldn've done a better series finalie to.

yea the liz dancing scene was so sad.

patriotspy12 said:
I know, season three was bad...they moved everything way to quickly, like Isabel getting married.

i think they couldn've done a better series finalie to.

yea the liz dancing scene was so sad.
Yeah, especially the last four episodes of the third season, though I'm glad they tied up most of the loose ends.

I was always more of a CandyGirl, than a Dreamer, so my favorite stuff mostly invovles Michael and Maria. :D

i was a die-hard dreamer. and then alex/isabel was my next favorite. i forgot what their shippers were called though. i was never very fond of michael/maria. i don't know why.

and being a die-hard dreamer meant that i hated tess with a passion. :madfire:

crazy spinster said:
and being a die-hard dreamer meant that i hated tess with a passion. :madfire:
For some reason, I took it upon myself to defend Tess. I don't know why. Maybe just because of all you dreamers who hated her. :P Alex/Isabel 'shippers were Stargazers. I liked Max and Liz together, but I was never a huge dreamer. I think I just thought too much focus was given to them. *shrugs* Michael and Maria had more comic relief. I think that's why I liked them best.

Gosh, I need to dig out my Roswell tapes. It's been a while since I've watched them.

I was a Dreamer 100%( Max/Liz were soul mates in my opinion) and also a Stargazer, my friend told me that Isabel/Alex gave all the geeks some hope (y) . If you guys like Roswell so much then a good site to check out is CrashDown

Wow, lots of Roswell fans, haha. When I created this thread I was kind of expecting one or two replys. But the more the better :-D! It's kind of nice to get some new topics on the site, especially when Alias is in between seasons ^_^!
Thanks Irina, I'll have to go to the Crashdown and check it out, I don't think I have been to that one before ^_^!

oh yeah! that's right. stargazers. sigh. yeah...i loved alex/isabel. i was very upset when they killed him off. and who killed him again? that's right. that biotch tess. grrr... (although, yes, colin did want off the show. still though...)

okay, sorry, i'll try to tone down the rage. i didn't know i was still this angry. :lol:

well, you know, i always thought that emilie de ravin was completely miscast as tess. i mean, she looked nothing like the other three. the other three were tall and mysterious and had a presence. emilie was small, cute-looking and didn't really have that "alien" aura.

on a completely different note, i loved the crashdown waitress uniforms. i really really wanted to dress up as one for halloween. :lol:

i know i said this before but i wanted to try to rephrase: i think roswell was a perfect example of one of those shows with a brilliant and original premise but was just ruined by greed and ratings. it really had such potential. all the critics loved the first few episodes which, i still think, were the best of the entire series. and for a while, i was afraid that the same thing would happen to alias. i'm still a little worried (phase one really threw me off), but not as worried since alias seemed to make it through the second season much better than roswell did.

i hope they don't ever do to alias what they did to roswell, i agree with you, the first few episode's were the best. just the entire first season.

i just realized when you said it, the miscast of her

crazy spinster said:
on a completely different note, i loved the crashdown waitress uniforms. i really really wanted to dress up as one for halloween. :lol:
LOL!!! I really want one too! I was even looking around for one in a few stores *shifty eyes, slight blush* haha. Just because I would totally wear it...for halloween of corse :P! I never found one sadly. But I always thought they were so cute, the little alien head and everything, so ingenious! ^_^

I only saw the last season of Roswell, so I've been reading the transcripts, but its not the same as watching the show. But I quite enjoy it, its a good show.