Roswell

alaistinkerbell said:
The Blance is on today and it is of my faves from 1st season

Did you guys know that it wasn't written in for Tess to kill Alex until Colin Hanks the cutie he is decided he wanted to leave to be able to do movies! I like Tess when she was actually good and I respect that she killed herself to save the others.
Liz was my favorite though
Thanks for telling me it was in season 3, Alias_Addict47. I probably didn't remember that because season 3 was the least rewatched season for me even though I never missed an ep when it aired. It was just way too different after the move from the WB to UPN.

When I heard Colin wanted off the show in order to focus on starring in movies, I was shocked! I think I loved Alex more after he was killed. Whenever I would watch "Cry your name" I would cry because he really was gone. I took him for granted when he was on the show. That sucked about the whole Tess thing too. I really did like her when it seemed like she was good and attracted to Kyle. Then of course the whole sleeping with Max/alien pregnancy/ killing Alex thing occured and I hated her. Still can't believe Max fell for her at the observatory thing and slept with her. Didn't she mindwarp him? Of course, that's how she got him to sleep with him. :lol:

Oh yeah and did anyone else dislike the Hybrid Chronicles in season 2? I didn't hate them but they weren't that interesting to me. Even with Laurie Dupree and the Tess/Liz hug. Wow, I haven't seen those episodes in at least 2 years.

I hate how they kept changing the dates of the release of season 2! I got season 1 the first day it came out and it said that season 2 was coming out this summer. Then I remembered reading about someone buying their season 1 set sometime later and their little Roswell card said something different. The whole music issue in season 1 still kind of irks me.

Nope, never had any of the trading cards, sorry.

I was watching EotW awhile ago on Sci-Fi and it reminded me why I loved that show so much. I just turned it on right now since I remembered Roswell was on at this time and they're showing "To serve and protect." This was one of the Hybrid Chronicles, weren't they? They're at the part of the episode where Liz has Max on the brain all the time and she's carrying around pictures of him. :lol: Here comes Sean....oh hey, I totally forgot about Grant, the archaelogist (sp?)!

Last time I went to scifi which was a while ago they actually thought about making A Roswell movie off the show! But they aren't gonna do it...at least thats what I think (n) My fave is 'The End of the World' and 'Viva Las Vegas' finally we are on the part 'Cry Your Name' 'cause the ending of S2 is my fave eps.along with 'Heart of Mine' But I hated it when Tess got pregnant -_- I still was sad Alex was killed off. They really hinted to it in 'Heart of Mine' When Liz thinks "We were all happy and there we were together. After everything that we had went through the past 2 years behind us. But I had this really strong feeling that this would be the last time we would all be together." and then Shawn takes the pic. thats when we all shoulda known sumthin bad was gonna happen (n)

OMG I CRIED through the whole cry your name episode. Gosh i was so so very sad!! I loved how emotional and great everyone acted in this eppy.

KC I just love your siggy and avatar...I hated the next one...I think it was It's too Late, and It's too Bad the one after Cry Your Name...I taped both Eps...I hated It's too late...because MAX SLEPT WITH TESSSSSSS! I was soooo mad...and I was crying in Cry Your Name...I was sooooo sad (n)

thanks so much!! I hated Max for sleeping with tess ahhh evil!! He was so mean to Liz too! OMG I CRIED as well in cry you name why would I, it was so so so very sad.

I can't wait to see departure...I don't think it wasn't til' closer to the last ep, like the one Its too Late, I realized it was Tess, and then when they said the key suspect we think and here's the clues in the opener of the one with Larek was odd, because Brody wouldn't kill Alex, I mean why and then you realize after Tess used a permant mind-warp how she completely forgot everything, like Alex did and that's why he was acting so strange. I was so happy I figured it out.

crazy spinster
oh yeah! that's right. stargazers. sigh. yeah...i loved alex/isabel. i was very upset when they killed him off. and who killed him again? that's right. that biotch tess. grrr... (although, yes, colin did want off the show. still though...)

okay, sorry, i'll try to tone down the rage. i didn't know i was still this angry.

well, you know, i always thought that emilie de ravin was completely miscast as tess. i mean, she looked nothing like the other three. the other three were tall and mysterious and had a presence. emilie was small, cute-looking and didn't really have that "alien" aura.

on a completely different note, i loved the crashdown waitress uniforms. i really really wanted to dress up as one for halloween.

i know i said this before but i wanted to try to rephrase: i think roswell was a perfect example of one of those shows with a brilliant and original premise but was just ruined by greed and ratings. it really had such potential. all the critics loved the first few episodes which, i still think, were the best of the entire series. and for a while, i was afraid that the same thing would happen to alias. i'm still a little worried (phase one really threw me off), but not as worried since alias seemed to make it through the second season much better than roswell did.

This post has been edited by crazy spinster: Aug 25 2003, 02:06 AM

--------------------

Oh, yes! That greed; the root of ALL evil!!

Hi! I am not new here, but my name (nottt) is; use to be: notasyd&vaughnfananymore.

Well, my complaint with the show (which I loved dearly) was that Isabel seem to be taking over the show, from then on it when down hill FAST!!!S

I thought Liz would end up the other half alian; I would have like it to go that way, instead we get the Isabel hour show!! :angry: They also turn Liz into an idiot!

The show WAS NEVER explain enough to me! Where did people (river dog etc.) go? Why bring in new people when the have lost so much of they main characters? Bah, what's the use????????

season one will always be my favourite---at least the ones without Tess and the Isabel hour OR the incest vibes!!

The thing that was wrong with Roswell is that there were lots of things that they shoulda gotten more into but they didn't e.i. like in Meet the Dupes... They "Tried" to get into Tess' mind but then they ran away and then what happened. Or like they probably didn't even mess with her 'cause of the deal but what about Lawnie, Rath, and Ava? I thought Liz would be the other half alien too and then when Ava told Liz that it seems like Zan was always looking for someone else, someone more than her e.i. someone like Liz, it intrigued me as like okay, why would both Max and Zan feel that way about someone, maybe he had an affair with another alien (Liz) or maybe there was another Liz i dunno. who knows but they coulda gone into there too.I liked that Liz became an alien but the thing is that it woulda made it more unique if only her and not Kyle and Valenti became aliens eventually too. Now we have the one human left over other than the parents and that human is Maria. Kyle and Valenti would become aliens but the connection Max and Liz shared shoulda been the reason she became an alien. And I bet they woulda gone more into Liz's powers if they had the time...And Isabel should have never gotten married after we just met him :angry: I never liked Jesse! Plus Max was always way into the must find son stuff so it distracted away from M/L and I didn't like that :angry:

(n)

Now Emilie has gone and got herself a job on JJ's new show 'Lost'. Her career is going from strength to strength.

It's depressing when you knew somebody as they were growing up, and they went on to this amazing career and you didn't!

also I'm getting a siggy made with Roswell and Alias where it flashes back from S/v to Max and Liz and it goes
S/V first kiss/ Text: We were...
Picture of Max and Liz first kiss/ Text: In Love
Picture of Lauren/ Text: But someone...
Picture of Tess/ Text: Stood in the way
Picture of S/V kissing at the end of season 3/ Text: But I....
Picture of Max and Liz kissing at the Crashdown after Max has stood in the rain and the waters dripping and it looks like their outside (cute picture)/ Text: Love you.
Picture of the Alias banner
Picture of the roswell banner with Isabel, Michael, and Liz/ Text: Brooke

It's gonna look really cool! I really can't wait! :woot: :woot: :woot:

I am also getting an Alias and Roswell Sig. My in is going to say "Soulmates live on Forever" "Through time and space"

Also those of you who have not seen season 3 this monday starts the 3rd season.

Also those of you who hate the test baby and Alex dying and enjoy fanfic I would check out fanfic at Roswellfanatics.net. I would suggest first looking under the fanfic award winners. Right now I am reading a really good story under CC called Convergence. I would also recommend Aftermath and Shadows. They are two really good stories there.

I never been there though recently I think I went to every available Roswell site known to man...even some that weren't in English :lol: I'll goes there later!

Katayla said:
The sci-fi channel used to show them every day, but took them off a couple of months ago. I'm hoping they'll put them back on at some point, but who knows?
[post="376070"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Actually, they do air it everyday...I just started watching it for the first time thanks to Sci-fi...it's on everyday at 4pm EST on Sci-Fi. They just started S3...I think their next all-day marathon is going to be Sept. 13...but I'm not quite sure about that yet.

I've really gotten hooked on Roswell, though I do have to admit that the first Season has been my favorite. The second season was good, too - but so far this thrid season has been rushed IMO. And I don't like Isabell's hair.