TV RTD back to try and fix Doctor Who

Jethro

Captain
You know it really has been a roller coaster on Who as we await whatever rubbish Chibs fills the screen with.

To sum up developments

Chibs announces he is leaving - Yay goes every Whovian on the planet, you have done enough damage

Bradley Walsh announces he is leaving - Oh no, the only decent actor in the current era.

Tosin Cole announces he is leaving - Uhmm, yeah, who cares

Mandip Gill announces she is staying - Oh no, a completely useless character

Jodie Whittaker announces she is leaving - Yay goes every Whovian on the planet, you were felgercarb in the role

Time passes .....

Speculation builds on who the new Showrunner is going to be and who the new Doctor is going to be

Time passes .....

Russell T Davis announced as the new Showrunner - Whovians high fiving each other, Who forums melt down, all is finally good with Who

RTD announces the "timeless child" is part of the lore - Whovians on mass deciding whether or not Star Trek might be a better franchise to follow as DW is dead in the water.

Prediction, the BBC have really screwed the pooch here, expecting further plummeting in the ratings.

Fix, make the Timeless Child and the whole Chibs era an alternative universe that we should never speak off again and start off again post Peter Capaldi.

Further rumours coming down the line:

1. The next Doctor is going to be female - well as long as they learn from the Jodie debacle, Jo Martin gets my vote, she has the demeanour to play the Doctor.

2. BBC priority is to "rebuild the withering audience" - interesting choice of words, keeping the Timeless Child bollock in play is not going to do that.

3. New Torchwood series planned with Eve Meyers being casted in the Captain Jack role. The BBC really are out of touch with a little thing I like to call reality.

I feel sorry for the Brits who have to pay the licence fee to the BBC, though apparently a swelling number of people are choosing not to.

1. The next Doctor is going to be female - well as long as they learn from the Jodie debacle, Jo Martin gets my vote, she has the demeanour to play the Doctor.
I had to search to confirm that was the actor I was thinking of.... yep, she'd be good in the role, as already demonstrated, and I think with some good writing she could outshine Whittaker easily.
3. New Torchwood series planned with Eve Meyers being casted in the Captain Jack role. The BBC really are out of touch with a little thing I like to call reality.
Wait, as the same Captain Jack character, or a similar role? :thinking: If as the same character, that'd make no sense at all.

In terms of Jo Martin, you could easily fit her in as a Doctor from the future, i.e. hasn't crossed into the timelines of previous Doctors.

Not sure on the Captain Jack role, but would make zero sense as he is eternal depending on your thoughts on the death of the Face (trying to avoid spoilers here).

You're really trying to forget The Timeless Child eh? 😁

The problem is if the Timeless Child is now canon then Doctor Who loses all tension, the Doctor has infinite regenerations, where is the danger for our now Space Messiah? Pretty much we are back in the Superman situation pre kryptonite. So what is going to be the Doctor's kryptonite and will anyone be watching the show by the time they introduce it?

The problem is if the Timeless Child is now canon then Doctor Who loses all tension, the Doctor has infinite regenerations, where is the danger for our now Space Messiah? Pretty much we are back in the Superman situation pre kryptonite. So what is going to be the Doctor's kryptonite and will anyone be watching the show by the time they introduce it?
Unless the BBC takes a break with putting Who on the shelf for a few years and doing another reboot, I don't think not considering Timeless Child to be canon will even come. The best that could be hoped for really is that it in-show that the events are never spoken of again and that some future show-runner comes up with a clever way of now having to work around both Timeless Child and the '13 regenerations' original canon.

Interesting the Doctor Who social media sites have been cleaned out recently, i.e. no posts topics etc, not sure what that implies but fingers crossed the changing of history is now underway.

Kevin agreed one approach would be to ignore it and hope the fans come back to the franchise. Got to say if the BBC were commercial Who would have been canned a couple of seasons ago. Think the show is currently dead man walking.

A lot of folk are simply saying, back to the previous Doctor, it was all a bad nightmare, new regen. Personally I'm thinking more along the lines of a parallel universe sort of a thing.

RTD has taken complete control from the BBC into his own production company. Fingers crossed some magic can happen but RTD is talking keeping the Timeless Child, huge glaring mistake.

Back