Rule #1!

F

frostydf2

Their is one rule in this forum, and that is NO FLAMING OTHERS. No matter the opinion, I don't want pathetic comments being thrown at other users. We can have a debate in this forum, and I don't care. I'm not going to ban people who have a different opinion then me, or don't agree with my views. I wont even think of you different.

I love debate, but when people start flaming, that is when you are going to be leaving this forum perm. Deal?

Not trying to be rude, but to protect those with differeing opinions that will occure on this forum.

I fall to this to blame as well. Just try to be open minded while replying. Try to see where the other person is coming from, then reply. I am to blame about this as well, but I do try.

Thanks everyone!

i guess ill just stop posting. i can't help but flame people that seem like they just like to see their crazy thoughts written out, leaving it for us to slip in like a piece of dog poo.

How about NOT posting to those posts that you think are garbage? If others agree, the thread will immediately die out. No harm, no foul.

I'm going to add my two copper and say that off-topic posts should steer clear of the three most heated and debated issues known: sex, religion & politics.

If we agree to just stay away and not discuss them except in private chat, then everyone should remain happy ;)

Religion & politics should be left to the in-game politics and deities. Sex... 'nuff said.

"Nod your head and smile". Sometimes the best retort is a happy one. Nothing angers an angry person more than a smile :smiley:

~ Jaraeth

I'm sorry, I can't agree with that. :(

I like to speak freely, and although I won't discuss sex (too inappropriate), I think we're all adult enough to handle conversations on religion and politics. There have been a few disagreements here and there, but I haven't seen anything harsh enough to avoid it, and we all get along otherwise. I think a good (occasional) argument (or debate if you prefer) is healthy.

I'm 100% for freedom of speech.

Originally posted by HJ-Diviana@May 20 2006, 02:35 AM
I'm sorry, I can't agree with that. :(

I'm 100% for freedom of speech.
Basically it boils down to this:

We're not censoring anyone. I for one, will be glad to assist those who want to discuss the topic of conspiracy theories, religion, and sex to websites that are better suited to that discussion along with others of the political science or religious nature. I am one who loves to debate religion and beliefs and mock U.S. President George Dubya Bush, but I leave those topics for other websites I belong to. This is a gaming website with kids & adults alike, who are here for information pertaining to HJ, and that is what I aim for.

Politics and religion are not necessarily taboo. But if I was suggest Christianity is a fallicy? Then I'd expect this forum to splurge with heated and angry debates asking me to back it up with proof followed by some graphical words probably. There is a fine line between acceptable political and religious off topic discussion and that which crosses the line into an area best left for a website who's goal is to provide that medium with people discussing their beliefs on all sides and shades of the spectrum.

This is my own personal opinion however, and not that of Hero's Hall, Hero's Journey or anyone other than myself. Feel free to send me a private message to discuss this further or to request links pertaining to the subjects mentioned above.

~ Jaraeth

Originally posted by Kickinbama@May 4 2006, 01:56 PM
i guess ill just stop posting. i can't help but flame people that seem like they just like to see their crazy thoughts written out, leaving it for us to slip in like a piece of dog poo.
All I would like to know is, why is it that just because some people dont go along with the rest of the crowd we have to be refered to as crazy, or our posts likened to any kind of animal excriment?

Also, I for one dont just post to see my thoughts written out... I try to point out things some people might have missed, or to help explain something. Thats why I dont have 3000 posts here, because most of these boards are speculation towards a game no one here has played yet (exept of course the HJ guys).

I am not aware of any posts I have made that were attacks, direct or indirect, to any other posters, so why the hate?

Xhar

Originally posted by Xhar+May 21 2006, 01:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xhar @ May 21 2006, 01:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Kickinbama@May 4 2006, 01:56 PM
All I would like to know is, why is it that just because some people dont go along with the rest of the crowd we have to be refered to as crazy, or our posts likened to any kind of animal excriment?

Also, I for one dont just post to see my thoughts written out... I try to point out things some people might have missed, or to help explain something. Thats why I dont have 3000 posts here, because most of these boards are speculation towards a game no one here has played yet (exept of course the HJ guys).

I am not aware of any posts I have made that were attacks, direct or indirect, to any other posters, so why the hate?

Xhar [/b][/quote]
Some people can have civil discussions in an attempt to explain why things happen as they may. Some folks will post their thoughts on why they believe what they do, so that others may understand them, and at the same time, allow others to comment back with their own thoughts and beliefs, in an effort to see all people in the discussion come to one agreed upon solution or common idea.

Some others though, and I'm not thinking of anyone in particular, feel the need to push their ideas and beliefs onto others due to the fact that the cannot understand why people think differently. Those who do think differently, are rubbish, and need to be coerced to see their way by any means necessary, as they themselves, are not open minded enough to discuss the differences civilly, and perhaps find a new way to consider the topic in discussion. These types of people, tend to ruin civil discussions, in my opinion.

Though, what I've mentioned is only two sides of the spectrum, and there are people in between and probably further spread apart across the personality types B)

That said Xhar, I wouldn't take anything personally, I don't recall you personally attacking people. But I also have forgotten what has been said beyond yesterday :confused:

~ Jaraeth

I'm going to reiterate the point of this thread, because I feel it's very important to establish what is 'correct' and what is 'incorrect' when it comes to disagreements in an online enviornment.

In reference to Frosty's original post, outright flaming of each other in the form of primitive name calling and overuse of general 3rd grade insult types will not be tolerated whatsoever.

That said, if someone posts something that you feel is completely ignorant, insulting or otherwise offensive, YOU MAY FIRE BACK IF AND ONLY IF YOU DO SO IN AN ARTICULATE, THOUGHTFUL MANNER.

The goal is to encourage the exchange of ideas and opinions in a civilized manner. This can be achieved through the use of negativity, as not everyone is going to agree with everything posted here. When people start outright flaming each other, however, and not contributing to the thread in any manner other than hurling insults, I've got a problem.

The problem with the internet is, its very easy to take someone the wrong way. Thats why sex, religion, and politics are hard to debate about on the forums without turning into a nasty pile of flaming rants. It's best you try and advoid these topics, but don't get me wrong, if they can be carried out in a very mature and calm manner, I see no problem with them myself.

I think sex should be completly left out of this entire forum because it is inappropriate and many will feel uncomfortable. But, like Diviana said, we're all adult enough to discuss politics and religion without flaming mindlessly. With that said, remember that this is a game forum, not a place for everyone to say whatever hurtful and ignorant thing that pops in your head. Remember to keep things civil and respectful.

Or understand what flaming is and maybe try and not be one sided, but that's too hard to ask. Four legs good, two legs baaad.

French Kiss said:
Umm...should we all hold hands and sing folk songs? Maybe..light a few scented candles? Huh? Huh!?

Nope I would get sick and throw up. :smiley: But it does mean that we aren't going to call someone an dumbass or anyother duragatory name/word whatever. Everyone always has a difference of opinion so direct statements to that opinion not to that person is all we're saying.

Back