Politics Russia and Ukraine

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
What are your thoughts on the increasing tension between Russia and Ukraine? With the sad news today that a civilian passenger plane, with 280 lives aboard, was apparently shot down by a missile it will only be getting worse.

Well, that's a big thing, my opinion, with this idiot as a president, I think let this thing run its course. If everything results to all out war, we should step up, Russia could think of it as an act of war, thus ending USA. Russia is too big in its current state of military power.

Well, that's a big thing, my opinion, with this idiot as a president, I think let this thing run its course.
Which President? If you mean the US then how exactly is he an "idiot" in the case?

If everything results to all out war, we should step up, Russia could think of it as an act of war, thus ending USA. Russia is too big in its current state of military power.
Are you saying that the US should or shouldn't be involved? :thinking:

Looks like Russia has stopped the pretense and is now openly moving their troops and equipment into the area.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/28/world/europe/ukraine-crisis/index.html

Intelligence now indicates that up to 1,000 Russian troops have moved into southern Ukraine with heavy weapons and are fighting there, a U.S. official told CNN on Thursday.

NATO provided what it said is evidence: satellite images showing Russian troops engaged in military operations inside Ukraine.

"The images, captured in late August, depict Russian self-propelled artillery units moving in a convoy through the Ukrainian countryside and then preparing for action by establishing firing positions in the area of Krasnodon, Ukraine," NATO said in a news release.

Commercial satellite imagery shows the same, according to a British security source with detailed knowledge of UK intelligence estimates. One image that British intelligence has analyzed, dated Tuesday, shows 15 heavy trucks, at least seven armored vehicles and at least nine artillery positions.

Nearly 10 years later and it is still going on.

Russia is now accusing Ukraine of using drones to "attack" the Kremlin in an "assassination attempt of Putin"!

There is no way anybody outside of Russia will believe that this is anything except a "false flag" operation by Russia so that they can now justify using even more barbaric tactics.

Russia is now accusing Ukraine of using drones to "attack" the Kremlin in an "assassination attempt of Putin"!
The pyrotechnics look like they are from the old Flash Gordon serials! 😆 Guess they wanted to do a big enough flash-bang to get it on video but not do any damage to the building.

Back