Russian Doll

Rating: PG to be safe
Disclaimer: I don't own Alias or any of the charcters. But maybe I could buy it on eBay...
A/N: Okay, I don't know how to type the title (LOL) because it's in Russian... Oh also, the dates and everything probably don't match up, but...

~~Russian Doll~~

Today was the day. I was to be picked up from this dreadful orphanage by my mother. My mother. My lip quivered at the thought. She was once my favorite person. But people change. She deserted me. Me, her own daughter! It was part of her plan. Plan to what, I still didn't know. For five years now, I had wondered this. Five years spent in orphanages: 3 years in Russia, 2 in L.A.

You see, my life had been nearly perfect. For the first six years, anyway. I played in the park, rode my bicycle, went to school. The only imperfection was that my mother was ex-KGB, currently Assistant Director of the SVR, of which my grandfather was Director. She was always traveling, and I sat at home, counting the days until she came back. She always did come back, except once. My mother told me she was SVR on January 26th, 1998. My seventh birthday. "Cecilia," she told me, "I am the Assistant Director of the SVR. But I am leaving for a while, and I have a plan. I will send someone to bring you to America when you are 10. And when you are 12, we will be reunited. After that, I will never leave you again. I promise." She hugged me. She left before I could even say good bye.

That is why I hated her. She left me. She moved to America. She didn't tell me who my father was. She never even told me I had a sister.

My mother is Irina Derevko.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you guys think? Should I post more?

YAY!! YOU POSTED IT LIZ!! THIS IS GONNA BE A HOT ONE!! I FEEL IT!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LIZ!! :D Okies, couldya PM me too when you update?

~Erika

MUST HAVE MORE!!!
I know this story is going to turn out great!! Great great great!!!!!! Please update soon!! It would be a shame to stop.....

Thanks everyone for the nice reviews!! ^_^

I'll PM everyone when I post the first chapter (That was the introduction) which will probably be later today. :cool:

~Chapter 1~

I sat in a dark corner of the Los Angeles City Orphanage, watching the other children. I didn’t have any friends here that I could talk to. The youngest children were playing with dolls and trucks. The older ones were chasing each other around the kitchen. I was the eldest. The owner of the orphanage was a round, frizzy haired, grimy woman named Mrs. Josephine. She was a middle-aged and unmarried. I think you can guess why.

I saw a 10-year-old boy, Billy, chasing the other girls his age with a lighter. I quickly stood up and stepped right in front of him. “Well, if it isn’t Derevko. Finally emerging from the darkness, eh?” he pointed to the corner I had been sitting in. “That’s right,” I answered. “Now where did you get this?” I took the lighter from his hand.
“Swiped it.”
“From who?”
“From that gorilla of a woman, Josephine.”
“Oh, really? Well I guess I’ll have to give it back to her. I’ll bet she’s been looking for this. And I’ll be sure to tell her where it went, too.” I turned around and started walking away.
“You better not, you dirty Russian.”

I felt every eye in the room look up and stare at me. I dropped the lighter and spun around. “What did you call me?”
“N-nothing,” he said fearfully. I punched him in the nose before thinking. He started to bleed. “That’s what I thought you said.”

I heard a noise behind me. I held my bloodied fist behind my back. It was Mrs. Josephine, dressed in a faded green dress and graying apron. “Miss Cecilia,” she began. My heart soared. The only children ever addressed by “Miss” or "Mister” were the ones that got adopted. The lucky ones. “Someone is waiting for you out on the porch.” I wiped the blood on the back of my shirt.

When I stepped out into the bright sunlight, I saw a tall, broad shouldered, white-haired man waiting. This is who my mother sent, I thought. It has to be.
“Are you taking me to see my mother?” I asked in Russian as we walked to his car. He didn’t answer. “Are you taking me to see my mother, Irina Derevko?” I asked again, this time in English. He stopped, and crouched down to my height. He put his hand on my shoulder. “Everything will be explained to you on the way to the airport.” He stood up properly, which seemed to cause him great pain, and started walking again. Airport? I wondered. Why are we going to the airport?

We stopped at his car, and he opened the door for me. Seated in the back was a young woman, with dark brown hair and brown eyes. She looked remarkably like Irina and, remarkable still, like me. I sat down on the seat and stared at her. “My name is Sydney Bristow,” she said. She pointed to the man I had exited the orphanage with. “This is my father, Jack Bristow.”
“That’s special,” I responded sarcastically. “Now, can you please tell me when I will get to see my mother?”
Sydney took a deep breath. “Cecilia, I’m your sister. Mom has been captured.”

I stared blankly. Captured? How could Irina Derevko be captured? “Is she really that idiotic?” I asked under my breath.
“I’m sorry? What did you say?” Sydney asked.
“Um, nothing,” I answered. I could feel my face turn red.
“Look, I know you probably have a lot of questions. But we don’t have time to explain everything now.”
“No, Sydney, I’m sorry. You must have the wrong person. My mother could not have been captured, she-” I stopped, deciding not to tell Sydney that Irina was in the SVR. “How did you find me?” I asked.
“Dad and I are CIA agents. We work right here,” she said as we drove under a tunnel.
“Sydney, do you really think it wise to be telling a Russian where we work?” Jack asked.
“Yes, I do,” she responded. I stifled a laugh. “She deserves to know, doesn’t she? Considering that Irina has never told her anything at all about us?” They were speaking as if I wasn’t even there. I saw Jack roll his eyes in the rearview mirror. Sydney made a face at him. Then she became serious again. “We need your help to find Irina. We believe she’s been taken to Russia.”
“Oh, no, I am not going back there.”
Sydney sighed. “You don’t have to go. But if you don’t, Irina Derevko will be killed.”

I stared at her. Sure, I might despise my mother, but that was the thing-she was my mother. I couldn’t just leave her in Russia like she did to me, could I?
“All right,” I responded reluctantly. “I’ll go.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Next chapter will (hopefully) be up tomorrow. ^_^ Please read and review, thanks!

I don't know if Erika told you or not, but I loved the beginning! It sounds very good so far, I really like this! I'm looking forward to reading more!

Ohhhh....This is getting better and better!

I can't wait to read more!

Please update soon! And when you do, please, pretty please, PM me?

Thanks an elephant!

P.s. I LOVE THIS STORY!!!

One more thing,

I don't know if you said this already, but...how old is Cecillia (I hope I spelled that right)? I know she isn't 10 or somthing, older like, 14...but anyway.....yeah.....

:D

Yes, Jo, Erika told me. :D Thanks again everyone for the nice comments! I didn't think anyone would like it!

I will at least update the first part of Chapter 2 tonight, if I don't update all of it. I have to go to my aunt's house tonight, so I'll try to get some of it up later. :smiley:

Kat, Cecilia is like, 12 1/2, because her birthday is in January, and the story takes place in October, so....I hope that answered your question. ^_^

Back