Ryzom

I've heard that before, too.

Let us know how you go... I might be tempted to have a fiddle with it, myself.

I played The saga of ryzom a bit but let me tell you this, the newbie islands more fun then the mainland :P or atleasts thats my opinion ;) .

Seeria said:
heh I found newbie island more fun as well. Interesting game but the grind is a bit harsh and boring.

The grind isn't so bad. When I get bored of grinding out melee, I just switch to one of the myriad other skills to play with. Crafting is fun, too. =3

I played the trial for a while and the game has some really interesting concepts. Even bought the full game on ebay recently but haven't come around to register it yet.
If I can sell my WoW account on eBay this week, I'll either pick up Ryzom or EQ2 till Vanguard or HJ comes out.

Nevrax's gone into Recievership, nobody can upgrade accounts from the trial area until their fate is decided by the courts. =(

Very pretty game, with some nice lore and crafting. Hope it does better than Horizons if it gets bought out.

Yah, it went the common way of the innovative niche company, unfortunately. Its really a beautiful game with nice lore and mechanics, its sad that it had such trouble attracting players. It was kinda complex to pick up, I guess that turned folks off. =(

Yeah, the word I heard was it was similar, in some ways, to the original SWG.

That's another example of a game that wasn't entirely user-friendly (but oh-so-rewarding once you GOT it), and I guess half the reason they revamped it and annoyed 3/4 of their gamers.

I'm just going to keep my eyes on SWGemu, I think. Private-server WoW is interesting, if only from a conceptual standpoint.

blur said:
Yeah, the word I heard was it was similar, in some ways, to the original SWG.

That's another example of a game that wasn't entirely user-friendly (but oh-so-rewarding once you GOT it)

Oh, yes. It took me about a four days to 'get' Ryzom's Stanza (ability creation) system. Then it was so much fun to tinker with! =)

Yeah, when I was reading up on the game, it seemed incredibly deep in places, with regards to the in-game systems. I guess I just wasn't in the right headspace to start it.

Back