Season 4 S/V Dance

What did you think of Syd and Vaughn dancing at the train station?

• OMG IT ROCKED!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • God, that was cheesy.

• Meh, I don't really care.

• Total voters
So I totally loved the S/V ending. I can't get enough of those two, but i know not everyone feels the same, so express your views here, positive and negative.

I know it doesn't count since I haven't seen it yet (though i'm trying my hardest to see it asap) but I thought it rocked. ^_^
:P
--Mandy :angelic:

It would have been cheesey if S/V had not talked about going dancing at the beginning of the ep and Vaughn mentioning it again in the middle of the ep. But since they did it was great continuity. Plus, Drew Goddard clearly did his research when he signed on to Alias. How else would he had known about the train station? Plus, the S/V chemistry felt very natural to me! I thought it was a beautifully done scene. But granted I am a S/V shipper. Shippers will probably love this scene while the anti-S/V shippers will hate and call it a waste of time. You can't please everybody.

Maybe it would have been cheesy if they'd been forcing moments like that down our throats all season, but there have been precious few of them, so that one was very welcomed.

And besides...Syd spent most of the episode in a coffin. Vaughn almost lost her again. Don't they deserve at least one moment of pure unadulterated fluff? I know the fans do. ^_^

Okay, I tried to post here earlier tonight and it didn't work... so here goes again.

I totally loved this moment. It was very sweet - and sort of a return to something they've both been missing. I also think it is interesting that some of the best stuff from this season -so far- from the S/V ship point of view has heavy call backs to S2 (with WTLV) and now S1 with this episode. Very cool.

I just loved the emotional carry through all the way throughout this episode. The S/V scenes, the Syd/Marshall scenes, Jack being Jack... the whole team being thoroughly distracted on Sloane. And especially some of the scenes with Marshall, Carrie, and Mitchell - its about time!

Here's something else I noticed: At the beginning when Syd was on the mission in Havana, the guy said "You dance like an angel." and Syd replied, "Yet my feet touch the ground." Then later, after she and Vaughn had talked about going dancing, when she was in the coffin and she was fading, Vaughn said something about how they would be dancing in no time (Syd, Marshall's on his way...) and then she said something, which he could barely hear, before her phone cut out which sounded to me like, "Just let my feet touch the ground..." and Vaughn was kind of like??? I liked that when I watched it again, it was her way of saying 'I don't want to be an angel, I want to be right here on earth, feet on the ground, in your arms... I want to live.'

I loved the S/V dance!! The chemistry between them still exists, and it wasn't rushed or anything. It really was a great end to a pretty good episode.

i am a total sv shipper and everything, but dude, that was so...cheesy with extra cheese. in the train station? come on. we didnt even get a kiss.

Aw, I loved it! It's about fricken time something happened between them! No, we didn't get a kiss but it feels like it has been an eternity since they had any chemisrty between them at all, so the dance was like WOAH.

MissingSark said:
It was great.  I loved it.  It was nice to see them do something sweet like that.
[post="1282199"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I missed that last scene because the episode got cut off in my area right at 10:00 as Eyes came on - I'll have to watch it again when it airs here on CTV in a week and a half.

Sydney uncover as a Salsa dancer in Havana. I like her dancing. I but think that the wig is too full. The length and colour was nice.

As many people know, I'm not a big fan of the Syd and Vaughn relationship. I am surprised that they revived what seemed to be such a cold, moribund relationship. If this is what JJ wants, who am I to tell him what to do. ;)

But if the S&V relationship was so healthy, then why have they NEVER danced before? They can go out to dinner. They can kiss. They can even have, ahem, have adult relations. So why have they never danced before? Vaughn claimed to love to dance, but he's never danced with Syd. Doesn't that sound odd or suspicious? ;)

OMG. OMG. OMG.

This scene had me FLOORED.

I loved this scene. ACK!

Ya, I'm still floored. I'm just rewatching... and rewatching... and rewatching.

I don't know... my husband never took me dancing! And we are Soloist and Principal professional ballet dancers in a major U.S. Ballet Company. The only time we've ever danced in a social setting was at our wedding. And we only did the first dance together at our wedding (even though the band was great!). Maybe I am not one to talk, but I think lots of guys don't like to go dancing (including my hubby). I don't think that really says anything about the Syd/Vaughn relationship.

Honestly, I thought they were just being flirtatious (sheesh you could practically hear her smile coming through the phone!) and he was trying to impress her by offering to take her dancing.

:smiley:

Back