Season 4 S/V relationship - or lack there of

SkyGirl5

Cadet
Is anyone else compltely and entirely 100% disappointed in the sydney and vaughn relationship at this point?!
because i mean seriously its ridiculous - its like they're not even dating at all! its such BS
I mean in first & second season before they were even together it was better than this because at least they had some type of interation & sexual tension and stuff.
Now all we get are crappy little looks for like 3 seconds and thats it.
I mean its not like they need to be going at it 24/7 but i mean COME ON this is felgercarb!!
so far the only relatively decent ep was Liberty Village and perhaps APO but... everything else has sucked horribly
The writers really need to write some s/vness in
I mean come on they haven't even said 'i love you' at ALL - dont even GET me started on that whole point
and the sad part is i only forsee it getting worse as the show progresses this season dude to impending things dealing with certain characters named Vaughn...

<_<

is anyone else as angry/frusterated as me?!

I agree with you... I was just thinking this last night--there's no... Syd and Vaughn relationship anymore... it's just... Blah. In Season 2, I think it was awesome and I'm wondering if the loss of tension and love has something to do with real life relationships...? :thinking: If it does, someone needs to yell at JG and MV and tell them to look more REAL and lovey, despite their real life love stories (still Gartan Fan #5 though... :D )

:naughty: & :eyebrow:

i was wondering that too
i mean i was slightly concerned that the whole jen/ben thing was making it awkward for jen/mike on the set - because i mean there were SO many rumors to do with that
but then i saw a few behind the scenes things and... jen/mike looked just soooooo cute and they were acting like totally normal.... i dont think thats it
maybe it is... *sigh* :sadangel:

thats why i just watch my S2 dvds and cry :cry:

seriously, janet! i agree with your sentiments!!! damn did detente epi lacked so much s/v action... i mean, where are those looks, those touches, i mean.. i can practically sing... "where is the love.."

missing the gartan!!!!!

SkyGirl5 said:
i was wondering that too
i mean i was slightly concerned that the whole jen/ben thing was making it awkward for jen/mike on the set - because i mean there were SO many rumors to do with that
but then i saw a few behind the scenes things and... jen/mike looked just soooooo cute and they were acting like totally normal.... i dont think thats it
maybe it is... *sigh* :sadangel:

thats why i just watch my S2 dvds and cry :cry:
[post="1218594"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I totally agree, with all that you're saying. I have be disappointed with the lack of an SV relationship this season. (n) After the final episdoe in season 3, I really thought that things were going to pick up for them. Of course they had issues to deal with, but they haven't even really talked about those issues this season!

And WTLV was just a tease! It got all of us people who are almost freakishly obessesed with the SV relationship (like me) so worked up! I really thought that was the beginning of the 'new' SV relationship...but NO! :angry: They threw that in there, and they characters haven't even acknowledged what happen. I know that WTLV was supposed to air at a later date...eppy 9 I think, but they should've compensated for it in other episodes when they moved it up...by having some hot and steamy SV moments, or just some really sweet ones.

And it's funny you mention the S2 dvds. That's what I did last night. I thought last night's episode was good...even without SV...I did like Wadia...even though I'm not a huge Nadia fan. But anyways, after the episode I was in such SV withdrawl, I went through all of my S2 dvds and watched all of the sweet SV moments...it made me go 'awwwwwww' :blush: . That's the kind of SV we need!

seriously i think one of the reasons everything is so screwed up is the whole 'self contained eps' BS
because i mean last nights ep was supposed to be the 3rd ep of the season and you could TOATALLY tell - especially with the wadia felgercarb
they need to keep the eps in the order they film them GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I think the chemistry between Michael and Jennifer are very good this season but i agree with you that theres something wrong and wird in the whole Sydney & Vaughn relationship and its not just them, i think theres something wrong with this season in general... -_-

It's because the episodes have been so shuffled around. Now, that they wont be there will be more of a continuity between S/V.

I don't mind the S/V stuff isn't the focus every week, but the Wadia relationship is just weird with the eps out of order. Last night Weiss was like, "Would it be weird if we were dating sisters?" And I was like WTF last week you wanted to spend the night, aren't you dating?

I do wish there had at least been an S/V hug or a kiss.

ms.katejones said:
I don't mind the S/V stuff isn't the focus every week, but the Wadia relationship is just weird with the eps out of order. Last night Weiss was like, "Would it be weird if we were dating sisters?" And I was like WTF last week you wanted to spend the night, aren't you dating?

I do wish there had at least been an S/V hug or a kiss.
[post="1218975"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I don't like how everything is out of order either. It's alright for them to change their minds and decide that some episodes need to be changed. But if they're going to do that, then they need to fix the other episodes so that they flow better. I thought the exact same thing with Wadia...he's not dating her yet, but last week he was going to spend the night, and in WTLV he was over for dinner and they appeared very couply...TOO CONFUSING!

And a SV hug or kiss would've been great. I would've settled for them having any kind of physical contact...an arm around the shoulder or something.

With the episodes being playing out of order, Syd/Vaughn's relationship seems weird. You don't know whether there is a relationship or not. In last night's episode they seemed distant from each other when in WTLV, they were making love in the shower. And Weiss's comment, "Wouldn't it be strange IF we were dating sisters. Are Syd and Vaughn not dating cause I believe Weiss and Nadia have been out on a date (haven't they?). I don't know but all of my friends who are new viewers are not getting it either.

dotfar said:
With the episodes being playing out of order, Syd/Vaughn's relationship seems weird.  You don't know whether there is a relationship or not.  In last night's episode they seemed distant from each other when in WTLV, they were making love in the shower.  And Weiss's comment, "Wouldn't it be strange IF we were dating sisters.  Are Syd and Vaughn not dating cause I believe Weiss and Nadia have been out on a date (haven't they?).  I don't know but all of my friends who are new viewers are not getting it either.
[post="1218993"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Well...yeah, they have been on a date...kinda. But they were on a date in an episode that was supposed to originally air after last nights episode, and last night's got pushed back. It's too confusing. So I think if we just look at last night's eppy...then no, they weren't dating yet...which is inconsistent to them going bowling and him wanting to spend the night at her house last week.

And the SV relationship is so inconsistent. They sleep together the very first episode, and then again in WTLV...now they're back to 'taking things slow' and last night had no physical contact.

i honestly don't see how anyone could be disappointed with their relationship thus far. if i hear the words, "let's take it slow," one more time...they've already done it like 5 bajillion times this season!! frankly i was glad for the lack of interaction this episode.

EXACTLY JANET! ITS ALLL A BUNCH OF FREAKIN STEAMING HORSEs***! ITS GETTING BORING....COME ON ALREADY...UGH....I was soo bored last night in that ep. s***....yeah you know S1 and S2 there was so much tension and affection and now that they are what back in their relationship they seem to not even acknowlegde each other....F THAT! come on people....s***...if i was them and after all that has happened over the yrs I would be banging each other left and right and on the stairs, in the bathroom, on the desk...etc..hahaha..s*** with thier job and with all the f***in wackos they deal with who knows when one of them may be kidnaped....I dont know...its just s***y..whatever...hopfully things will pick up.
During the premeier I was excited and loving this season but now im starting to change my mind....its just losing its spark. We need something drastic to happen. Hopfully it will soon

!ALIAS! said:
i honestly don't see how anyone could be disappointed with their relationship thus far.  if i hear the words, "let's take it slow," one more time...they've already done it like 5 bajillion times this season!!  frankly i was glad for the lack of interaction this episode.
[post="1219261"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

there is a differents between 'take it slow' and compltely non existant relationsihp
and they've only done it 2 times

Yeah, last night's ep was totally lacking in S/V. :( Who said "where is the love?". That is so the new S/V theme song in my head. ;) I know that the epsiodes are out of order so it throws new viewers off, but you know what? I hate that except for that one scene where Vaughn is smiling at Syd, there really is no connection there. It's like they don't even look at each other. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Made me want to pull my hair out. That's not what taking it slow means. The director of this episode needs some lecturing. :D

I didn't think detene was that was great. and it was so lacking in SV. people it only seems like SV is awkward now but later in he season if there is no more switching of eps they will get back to what they used to be. just give them some time. I just hope thereis some SV next week cause thy are a good chunk of why I watch alias.

I've been thinking about the whole "wouldn't it be cool if we were dating sisters" thing and I don't think that it means S/V aren't together. Weiss was just very excited about the prospect of being with Nadia and that maybe they'd do couple things with S/V, which would be cool cause Syd and Nadia are sisters. It's the same thing as if I was dating a guy and I told my best friend it would be cool if she dated my boyfriend's brother. Then we can hang out a lot.

Having said that, the whole switching up the order of the episodes has totally jacked up the V/S relationship. When the episodes start airing in the correct order, I think things will make more sense.

I read that JJ thought that long-time fans might get annoyed at the whole self-contained episode so he moved up Liberty Village because stuff mentioned in that episode (the Sentinal, etc.) is going to be relevant to the rest of the season. It's obviously marks the true rekindling of the S/V relationship.

Back