Season 4 S4 Finale Countdown ...

Alias_Gay

Ensign
What a TV night this will be ... :woot:

Courtesy of Zap2it.com

If you're hoping to catch the season finales of both "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" and "Alias" next month, you'll have to do some recording.

"Criminal Intent" is one of three NBC series whose final episodes will move out of their regular time periods during sweeps. "The Contender" and "Will & Grace" will also make moves, although the latter will at least still air on its regular night.

The moves might be maddening as you program your TiVo, but they make sense from NBC's point of view. Had they not moved, "The Contender" and "Criminal Intent" would have ended their seasons Sunday, May 22 -- opposite ABC's powerhouse lineup, which that night will feature the season finales of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," "Desperate Housewives" and "Grey's Anatomy." (Why is NBC afraid of ABC  :thinking: )

"The Contender" will still face some stiff competition for its two-hour finale, now set for 8 p.m. ET Tuesday, May 24. In those same two hours, FOX will air the final performance episode of "American Idol" and the season finale of "House," while CBS has the finale of "NCIS," a top-20 show, set for 8 p.m.

"Criminal Intent" will end its season at 10 p.m. Wednesday, May 25, opposite the season finale of "Alias" on ABC and CBS's Amber Frey movie. That's a less daunting prospect than "Housewives," and when "CI" and "Alias" aired opposite each other on Sundays in previous years, the NBC show usually came out on top ("Alias" will likely have a substantial lead-in advantage, airing after the season finale of "Lost"). (CBS also moved the Amber Frey movie to Wednesday night, to avoid ABC's competition on Sunday night ... it seems strange that the 2 BIG Networks are scared of ABC's powerhouse Sundays)

The "Will & Grace" finale, set for Thursday, May 19, will be the easiest to find; it's simply moving up a half-hour to 8 p.m. ET. The normal occupant of that timeslot, "Joey," will wrap up on May 12.

I am watching ABC that night ... so, I wonder what everyone else will do?

Both nights, May 18th and May 25th I'm goin to be freaking out....

May 18th
8:00 pm - Lost - Exodus Part One
9:00 pm - ALIAS - The Descent
10:00 pm - ALIAS - Search and Rescue

May 25th
8:00 pm - Lost - Exodus Part Two
9:00 pm - Lost - Exodus Part Three
10:00 pm - ALIAS - Before the Flood

^AMAZING nights of TV!

boyscout4747 said:

May 18th

May 25th

^AMAZING nights of TV!
[post="1307910"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

LOST GETS A PART THREE!?! Alias is shown twice on the 18th?!? And they're both after ap tests!!! AHH I can't concentrate anymore.

I would have liked for ABC to move Alias to Thursday night and keep the originally-planned 2-hour finale, just like Lost, but I guess that's asking too much, so we get a 2-hour showing the week before.

I'm sure that the 2 great shows will both have great finales, but I'm still looking forward to Lost a little bit more.

n ightmare having to watch the alias finale after two hour lost finale :shocked: it will be too much to take in in one night :thud:

jems said:
n ightmare having to watch the alias finale after two hour lost finale :shocked:  it will be too much to take in in one night :thud:
[post="1308201"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

omg we'll all be having strokes hHAHAHAHA

i always nearly have a stroke during alias season finales anyway but lost is gonna be friggin nuts...

All these weeks with no lost then in a couple of weeks they are going to throw all this stuff at us. I'm just glad that I will be taping so I can re-watch both shows, because I know I won't be able to take it all in just seeing it once.

Also...."Revelations", the show that had thrown ALIAS out of the competition on Wednesdays, ENDS on May 18th.

Also, a down side, The LOST 2-hour Season finale is on the SAME NIGHT, SAME TIME as the American Idol 2-hour Season Finale.

^Regarding that, more power to the ABC executives. We AIN'T SCARED OF NO 'IDOL'! God I hate that show...<_<

Moving ALIAS to Thursdays would be a terrible move. Thursdays is all about HEAVY competitions. CSI, Survivor, Law and Order, it's ratings HELL. Just look at the "O.C". It was a new hit, them moved it to Thursdays, it's barely hitting 5 million viewers.

Also, ABC has nothing on Thursdays! ALIAS needs a good lead-in to do well. It would have none.

boyscout4747 said:

May 18th

May 25th

^AMAZING nights of TV!
[post="1307910"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Man, its gonna be two great nights ... with Freaking Awseome TV ... 3 hours to watch ABC and Lost and Alias ... :thud:

I'm just relieved that Alias doesn't have to go up against American Idol's 2 Hour Finale. It should be interesting to see how Lost is able to cope, but I have a feeling it will do JUST FINE. Look for American Idol to have its lowest-rated season finale of all time. GO LOST!

^I'm honestly thinking the same thing. Lost has NEVER been affected by American Idol. It ain't gonna be for the finale either.

And imagine the people who watch ALIAS, LOST, and American Idol.

Those people have to choose between the two, but afterwards.....IT'S ALIAS TIME! :D

okay, so uh what are the other stations problem? I mean if their shows were on Sunday night when ABC's shows are on, then wouldn’t their followers be watching their show instead of ABC's? So why would they miss their finale to watch another shows finally, if they haven't even seen an episode? to me their is no pint in changing days!

Does any of what I just said make any since? probably not *sigh*

Why I said what I said. AMERICAN IDOL is on Wednesdays for the results show at 9pm, correct? Some people who watch ALIAS also watch AI. So, that means that we're losing a small chunk of audience every week. Well, for the finale, American Idol is from 8-10. Alias is on at 10-11. Those people can still tune in

Back