Salutations...

Flavor:

I was once a happy-go-lucky prodigy of the family trade. My mother, grandmother, and even her mother were all highly skilled mercenaries. Ones that could strike fierce, quick, and decisive. Not with any Steel sword or axe. Not even with a powerful spell or ritual. Rather my family ancestors have always prefered to kill through the perfected killing machine of a bow. Always applying a secret recipe of poison to their arrows (conveniently named the Kiss of Death). This poison would disintegrate bodies upon failure of internal organs and removed all evidence of the kill. There is a rumor that the women of my family would apply the poison to their lips, somehow harmlessly, then kiss the arrow that would deliver the deadly blow.

Through my family ancestry always it was a female of each generation that would become a great ranger. That all changed, though, with my coming. At first my family thought it was a curse or some sort of sign that their time as supreme killers was coming to an end.

They were wrong.

A terrible thing happened on my thirteenth birthday...something that will haunt my nights, and my daily travels forever. After killing a leader of one of the Packs largest encampents, a raiding party found our domain and proceeded to try and blow our family name to the winds. My mother quickly opened up some loose wallboards, hastily put me inside, and warned me to stay safe and not come out no matter what I saw.

Through the cracks I could see my close family fighting the Pack. Even with my highly skilled maternal ancestors working to put down this force, there were just too many. With no space to move, I had to watch as the Pack cleaved my family. Then one of the pack caught sight of my mother, who had her back to him, and started walking threateningly towards her. I deeply wanted to call out to her and tell her to watch out, but her words came to mind and I held myself in check. I saw as my own mother, occupied by three of the Pack, was killed from behind. The one who had struck her down drew a lock of hair matching the same shade and look of my mothers, most likely taken from the scene of their leader's death, sniffed it, then proceeded to sniff my mother. With a smile he drew his head up and let out a bonechilling howl to the winds. With that the chaos ended and the Pack left the scene of their deadly deeds.

Since that night I have brewed a mixture of not only hatred for the pack, but also studying them closely. I learn how best to kill them. I have sworn an undying pact with myself that no matter how long it takes, I will eradicate the Pack till the day I die...

About myself:
Name: Joseph
Game Name: Ashvirenza Stormhood
Previous games: Runescape(We all started somewhere), Guildwars, WoW,DDO(Current Addiction. Possibly until HJ comes out.)
What you enjoy: Paintballing, Snowboarding, and of course games...else I wouldnt be writing this.

I have always enjoyed PRC, Physical Ranged Combat, in games. I have yet found a game though that has found the perfect combination between innovation of techniques, control, and versatility of the PRC class.

Guild Wars was REALLY close and probably has my favorite PRC system at the moment. They introduced preparations, including poisons (my personal favorite subject on what HJ should introduce into their take on the Ranger), attack alacrity, and many more.

My dream PRC class would be one that includes the ability to craft your own poisons to apply to your arrows (meaning you have different ingredients which, when combined, produce different effects on the poison created), a true stalker feel, and another EXTREMELY important idea that I have is to have an "Aimed Shot" of sorts where when you use this skill you actually take control of where you shoot. This means that you will need true skill to master the art of leading, knowledge of the body, and also what bows will be the best for what kind of shot. This kind of shot would allow you to shoot an arrow at different parts of an opponents body to maximize damage, bleeding, poison insertion, crippling, and many more. I would like to pre-devote myself to becoming the Ranger on whatever server I play (however they may incorporate servers into this game) that people look to as the one to go to with questions. Or even the Ranger that you go to when you need a skillful job done (especially if its against the pack, which I have pre-determined as my RP structure for this game)

I hope to familiarize myself with these forums and hope to become a beta tester in hopes of making HJ's take on the PRC an enjoyable one for not only myself, or the Developers, but the rest of their fans and more importantly...their paying customers that keep this game running.

Sorry for my Wall of Text critically hitting you for 1000 Points of damage...but I'd like to introduce myself with a bang.

Thanks in advance...and to hoping HJ is successful in making not only ranged combat truly amazing...but their whole game

Look for me in most Ranged Combat/Ranger threads.

~Ashvirenza Stormhood
Pre-Determined Ranger Extraodinaire.

Ashvirenza attacks Gate with Wall of Text
Gate successfully Dodges
Ashvirenza readies Wall of Text for another attack
Gate equips Speed Read
Gate devours Ashvirenza's Wall of Text

Victory!

Gate has defeated the Wall of Text
Gate recieves 5 exp and welcomes Ashvirenza to Hero's Hall

Ashvirenza attacks Gate with Wall of Text
Gate successfully Dodges
Ashvirenza readies Wall of Text for another attack
Gate equips Speed Read
Gate devours Ashvirenza's Wall of Text

Victory!

Gate has defeated the Wall of Text
Gate recieves 5 exp and welcomes Ashvirenza to Hero's Hall

Very nice gate. I was no match for an adversary such as yourself.

Thank you very much for your compliment Fae. I would consider myself a mentally precocious person. I am usually a little bit reluctant to post my age because of the fact that some people tend to lose all faith in my abilities...but I'm trusting the HJ community to be better than most people :smiley: .

Hope to spend more time around everyone here, get to know people, and collaborate with you all on certain aspects of the game.

Edit: By the way this is going to be my first take on playing an active roleplaying stand within a game. I'd like to see how it turns out. I can't wait till I start getting to areas that are Pack infested. Should be great fun.

*Pulls out +12 Longbow of Pack Slaying*

See you all around!

Welcome to Hero's Hall Ash :smiley: I like to think the fine folks here don't take age as a reason to judge people, but the ability to play games with a good attitude, and you my friend, just wow'd me with your writing!

<Hands Ash a finely crafted sturdy bow that looks to be a weapon of legendary fame, rumored to do a very large amount of damage to members of the Pack>

Thank you Jaraeth for your kind words. Hope to have a physical form of my skills to show you when the time comes for me to take up my bow and my mixtures(hoping they introduce poisons:P) against the Pack

Thanks in advance
~Ashvirenza Stormhood

You can't be 13...you are crushing my mental image of all 13 year olds as immature self absorbed kids...

Oh well, in this case it is better that I was proven wrong. A little late on the welcome but better late than never. Welcome aboard.

Good to hear that I changed your outlook on thirteen-year-olds. One of the things I don't like about DDO is that its the only game so far were people have had the idea that all kids are "WoW-refugees" instilled in that mind. Yes I am a WoW refugee, but why is that supposed to mean that I cannot play my character just as well or better than someone else? I dont really like stereo-typical views on myself due to age. When I am a victim of it I just dont talk into my microphone (lest I must endure more ridicule) and never party with the person afterwards.

Thanks in advance
~Ashvirenza Stormhood

woot! i am trying to becoming a Ranger too! :smiley: Really hard to become one. A bored of rangers has to approve you and you have to prove your worth. Luckily one of my friends was one of the first rangers that microsoft had. Brilliant exchange guy. wait..you are talking about in game ranger? Not a Microsoft Ranger?? HEH

Back