Politics Same-sex Marriages (¡DOS!)

AgentDesertRose

Tragic Romantic
Kewii closed the original thread since it reached 100 pages (dude, 100 pages, that's bloody awesome), and said anyone was allowed to start a new one. So I am. Let the debate (or lack of it) and the different news about this controversial issue continue!

Sarkney_fan020 said:
I am for gay marriages...with my being gay and all.  :lol:
[post="1269361"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Well that's the same for me too. :lol: Although I was for gay marriages before I knew I was gay (well actually bi).

we had a discussion in class today cuz this girl was a total homophobe. we had to make bills to pass for a grade but she wasnt there to defend herself but her bill was totally homophobic it pissed me off

mostly everybody is engulfed (I hope thats a word) in the Terri Schiavo case that they have seemed to forget about the Gay Marriage Issues ... maybe if they get what they want, they will turn back to us Gays and Marriage ...

Sarkney_fan020 said:
My family is christian and against gay marriages.  :(  But of course, many christians are...
[post="1269682"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Not just Christians. People go on about the Christians who are against it, but Muslims and Hindus and other religions are even more strongly against it. But I guess Bush is a Christian, so in America at least, Chrisitans are the most prominent oppostion to gay marriage.

I am a Christian (Catholic), and I think gay people should be allowed to marry.

I just don't see why people are so strongly against something that isn't even going to effect them. Gay people being married is no different than gay people living together in a relationship. Perhaps people are in denial and if hoosexuals aren't actually married, they can pretend homosexuality doesn't exist! :lol:

I'm totally for gay marriage, people should be able to be married to the one they love...

Alot of my friends are lesbians and I was rasied to be... open to different people :D

It drives me insane when my christian friends start on my gay friends... the whole "Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" rant.

Oh well, my POV... there you go!

Sarkney_fan020 said:
I am for gay marriages...with my being gay and all.  :lol:
[post="1269361"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
For a long while, despite being bi, i was against gay marriages, just cos of my christian upbringing and my mums views being firmly embedded in my mind. But since i have been with my beautiful wonderful girlfriend, Kat, i want nothing more than to marry her and live happily together for the rest of eternity. Therefore i am now completely for gay marriages.

garnergarnish said:
For a long while, despite being bi, i was against gay marriages, just cos of my christian upbringing and my mums views being firmly embedded in my mind. But since i have been with my beautiful wonderful girlfriend, Kat, i want nothing more than to marry her and live happily together for the rest of eternity. Therefore i am now completely for gay marriages.
[post="1273846"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I never knew if I would get married in the first place. My family is against gays and gay marriages. I don't understand why most religions see gay marriage as being so bad.

I never knew if I would get married in the first place. My family is against gays and gay marriages. I don't understand why most religions see gay marriage as being so bad.

Well because it's against what Christians believe in. This is just me, and dont bash me for it. But I think being gay is just nasty. Im most likely never to come back to this forum, so dont expect me to answer to anything you say back.. lol. But if you think about it, why cant a man and a man have a child? because they're not supposed to. A man and a woman are supposed to. I am a Christian and I'm not ashamed of it, so be it. :P I think its wrong and theres no more to it. I just think its wrong...

ToughCookie47 said:
Well because it's against what Christians believe in. This is just me, and dont bash me for it. But I think being gay is just nasty. Im most likely never to come back to this forum, so dont expect me to answer to anything you say back.. lol. But if you think about it, why cant a man and a man have a child? because they're not supposed to. A man and a woman are supposed to. I am a Christian and I'm not ashamed of it, so be it.  :P I think its wrong and theres no more to it. I just think its wrong...
[post="1274645"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
You say that and then don't expect anyone to get upset?!

Oh well, you're still very young, perhaps when you get out into the real world you might learn a bit of tolerance.

But if you think about it, why cant a man and a man have a child? because they're not supposed to. A man and a woman are supposed to.

Not everyone WANTS to have children. Gay people can adopt children also, instead of choosing to bring yet another person into the world. And being gay is NOT a choice. Just like a person can't choose their height or skin color or hair color when they're born. Why would a person choose to be gay in the first place if people like you only dicriminate against them?

I think its wrong and theres no more to it. I just think its wrong...

Why do you think its wrong?

Mja, I live in Belgium, the second country - just after the Netherlands - where it became legal for two people of the same sex to get married

mja... actually, i don't really support it... this may sound strange while I'm gay myself... it's just... i'm glad because gay and straight people now have the same right on it, just, to get married... but I don't see myself ever to get married with a guy

I'd rather have the happyness of rasing a child than to get married with the person I love...
mja, we can get married but it's stilll not legal for gays to adopt a child which is such a shame I think... why can't 2 people of the same sex raise a child? I do understand the cons like "other children will find it strange" and maybe even the kid itself will find it strange, not having a mother around ... but still ... I think it should be ok to have a child

Back