Politics Same-sex Marriages (¡DOS!)

Jamison said:
That's true.  And just look at Jim West, the mayor of Spokane.  He was a Republican who was very against gay rights (he passed legislation to not allow them to teach or receive equal pay).  It's come out that he was in gay chat rooms seducing 18 year old men.  There are now molestation allegations against him, for sexually abusing young boys.

Sometimes the ones who are so against it, are that way because they're afraid the truth will come out about themselves.

Not saying that about anyone here of course...but it does have a tendency to happen. ;)
[post="1359535"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Thats sick...

But yeah. Just as it becomes clear that you can't change a person's point of view no matter how hard you try. Its like that in real life, and it's like that in many places. Sometimes you just dont see a point to argue for your beliefs.

totally agree. Many people who are anti gay ( but definitely not all) may be gay themselves but are ashamed of it, and say they are against it to either convince people they're not gay, to to convince themselves they're not gay. I used to know someone like that. Recently he has admitted to being gay, while before he was totally against it.

Looove the sig L....I totally agree. :smiley:

My best friend is a gay male, and I have alot of gay and straight friends...All I have to say is that LOVE has no prefrence, you don't choose who you love, you just love! So If anyone feels like they want to be married more power to them!! I think marraige is hard enough without having to deal with other peoples opinions. I say Do what ever you want to do!! It's your life!!

QUOTE(Natalia @ May 27 2005, 12:09 AM)

if I were gay I would be on here screaming at people for their ignorance!

I guess most of us would exactly do that ... but you know why we are not screaming or making a big fuzz about people being this ignorant ... because some of us don't care what others might wanna think or say ... we do understand that some people have their own opinion, as everybody is entitled to one ... and if we starting the big fuzz, this thread would have been closed already ... and lots of war would have been dealt with ... ;)

so, lets just say ... let people have their say ... we defend our beliefs when it goes too personal ... but we do love it when you guys go the extra mile in saying things we as gays should not be saying ... ;)

I am sure I explained what I mean ... well, at least I hope so ... ;)

:lol:

I understand what you are saying!

A lot of my frustration with people stems from the fact some people extremely close to me are gay. One person hasn't even told me he is, and I have only found out by accident - he didn't cover his tracks as well as he thought he did. It makes me sad that the world is so prejudiced people won't even tell their closest family members they are gay because they are scared of the consequences - even in an accepting family.

I don't think anyone has brought up polygamy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it is still practiced by some Mormons who are Christians. Even though it's on the decline it still exists and it's illegal in this country. Why is it that a lot of Christian extremists either ignore this or try to compare it to gay marriage??? Gay marriage is a union between 2 people not multiple individuals.

kahlenm said:
I don't think anyone has brought up polygamy.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but it is still practiced by some Mormons who are Christians.  Even though it's on the decline it still exists and it's illegal in this country.  Why is it that a lot of Christian extremists either ignore this or try to compare it to gay marriage???  Gay marriage is a union between 2 people not multiple individuals.
[post="1360439"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
While we're bringing up other things people conveniently ignore, I just read about a man who is not allowed to marry because he is a paraplegic and therefore impotent.

I can't believe that people feel it is their right to live however they want, but also to stop other people from having the same rights.

Natalia said:
While we're bringing up other things people conveniently ignore, I just read about a man who is not allowed to marry because he is a paraplegic and therefore impotent.

I can't believe that people feel it is their right to live however they want, but also to stop other people from having the same rights.
[post="1360452"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I live in Boston where gay marriage has been legal for over a year now. The world hasn't come to an end. Life goes on. I don't understand the arguments from people aganist it who say it will harm their marriage. :D

Natalia said:
:lol:

I understand what you are saying!

A lot of my frustration with people stems from the fact some people extremely close to me are gay. One person hasn't even told me he is, and I have only found out by accident - he didn't cover his tracks as well as he thought he did. It makes me sad that the world is so prejudiced people won't even tell their closest family members they are gay because they are scared of the consequences - even in an accepting family.
[post="1360414"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah. Like last night I became 100% sure that I'm lesbian. (I've kind of had it in the back of my mind for a year, and it became clear last weekend)Anyway thats my biggest fear. Telling my parents, becasue of just that - the consequences - plus my family isnt that accepting.
And at some point you just want to scream, this is who I am SO DEAL WITH IT! And those who cant accept it...THEIR LOSS!
A worry for a lot of people like me is "How will it change how people see me?" Because i suppose it does. And it will be SUPER hard to deal with . I hope that the majority of people in my life accept it ok, without prejudice.

I don't know there are many prejudiced people...and I think its a messed up world we live in, to have to feel guilty or even ashamed or try to defend what you believe is right...and your feelings and emotions that you cannot control; becasue its a part of you, and its the way you are and always will be. Anyway...did that make any sense? :o_O:

Looove the sig L....I totally agree.
Thanx! ;) Thought it kind of fit! ^_^

ky02121 said:
I live in Boston where gay marriage has been legal for over a year now. The world hasn't come to an end. Life goes on. I don't understand the arguments from people aganist it who say it will harm their marriage.  :D
[post="1360475"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
People just need to be more accepting

sugababyboo said:
Natalia, what country does that paraylzed man live in?  I wouldn't be surprised if it was America -_-
[post="1362374"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I think it was Brazil or something like that.

But when I first read about it I thought it was America!! :lol:

Osiris said:
america wouldn't stop a paralized person from getting married.  we're not THAT insane
[post="1364389"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Sadly, I don't know. There are people who still believe marriage is about having children. A paralyzed man would not be able to do that. So even though it probably wouldn't happen...I wouldn't put it past some of the staunchly religious churches, who do still believe marriage is about having children.

Jamison said:
Sadly, I don't know.  There are people who still believe marriage is about having children.  A paralyzed man would not be able to do that.  So even though it probably wouldn't happen...I wouldn't put it past some of the staunchly religious churches, who do still believe marriage is about having children.
[post="1364404"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah. That's unfortunately a belief in my parents religion (catholisism). -_-

I just wanted to say that I was browsing a couple of dog breeders sites and one of them had a link that was against gay marriage. LOL I wish a gay couple would buy a puppy from them :D Or, if my sister plans to buy a few pups from them, then I'd go along with her..oohh the fun :lol:

lol. :D Well, gay people are usually allowed to adopt puppies...but the sad fact is they usually aren't allowed to adopt kids. -_- Having a gay parent won't make a kid gay....being gay is birth, not choice. I hate it when some people don't realize that....

Back