Politics Same-sex Marriages

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mystery_chick

I personally dont' mind same sex marriages but there seem to be a lot of controversy around that. what do you guys think?

--Mandy :angelic:

Well currently its legal here, and its going to come down to a vote in the "house of commons" to see if it passes. I don't know if I care, well I'm a Catholic and my religion is against it, but I don't know if I care. Its there choice I think, and shouldn't homosexuals get the same right as heterosexuals?

See i'm not sure if it should be legal, maybe they could make a new title for it, i dunno. but they should have the same rights don't you think :blink:?

I think that homosexuals have just as much right to get married as heterosexuals. Just becuse they can't have sex doesn't mean that they don't have a right to be together, and have it legally documented.

It"s not going to hurt anybody and not everybody"s Christian or Catholic so I say let the homosexuals get married if they want to!

I honestly don't understand what is wrong with the people who think that homosexuals have no right to get married. What, because they are not heterosexuals they stop being human beings and having rights? I don't think so. I think that they have every rith to get married if they want, they are still persons and they should be able to do everything that the rest of us are: getting married, adopting children, etc.
I'm sorry if this came out the wrong way, but two of my closest friends are gay and they have their repective boyfriends, and if one day they want to get married I don't know why they shouldn't. If heterosexuals can get married, so should homosexuals. Screw the church. If they don't permit it, who cares.
Like I said, I'm sorry if I seem rude to some of you, but it is because of my friends. If you have homosexuals friends, you probably feel the same way.

Kaiserin said:
I honestly don't understand what is wrong with the people who think that homosexuals have no right to get married. What, because they are not heterosexuals they stop being human beings and having rights? I don't think so. I think that they have every rith to get married if they want, they are still persons and they should be able to do everything that the rest of us are: getting married, adopting children, etc.
I'm sorry if this came out the wrong way, but two of my closest friends are gay and they have their repective boyfriends, and if one day they want to get married I don't know why they shouldn't. If heterosexuals can get married, so should homosexuals. Screw the church. If they don't permit it, who cares.
Like I said, I'm sorry if I seem rude to some of you, but it is because of my friends. If you have homosexuals friends, you probably feel the same way.
I totally agree!!!!!! It is not fair for us to take those rights away from them. What makes them so different from us...practically nothing. Just because they have different sexual orientation doe that really give anybody the right to say they cant gat married?????

I think they should have the same rights as heterosexuals, but there is an argument that makes sense for being against gay marriage.

Even though I'm not religious, the bond of marriage is a religious ceremony, isn't it? And if it is, and homosexuality is against what the bible says, shouldn't it be the churches decision? I mean, it makes sense, even though I think that homosexuals should be allowed to be married and do whatever they want. They're just the sam as anyone else. Is there a marriage ceremony that isn't religious? I don't really know much on this, but I've been wondering for a while now.

freelancer1 said:
i agree that they should have the same rights as heterosexual people. i just dont agree with their lifestyle.
I'm sorry, I'm just curious. What do you exactly mean by "their lifestyle"?

Kara said:
I think they should have the same rights as heterosexuals, but there is an argument that makes sense for being against gay marriage.

Even though I'm not religious, the bond of marriage is a religious ceremony, isn't it? And if it is, and homosexuality is against what the bible says, shouldn't it be the churches decision? I mean, it makes sense, even though I think that homosexuals should be allowed to be married and do whatever they want. They're just the sam as anyone else. Is there a marriage ceremony that isn't religious? I don't really know much on this, but I've been wondering for a while now.
But not everybody is religious, so if marriage is a religious ceremony, does that mean like atheists shouldn't get married?

Homosexuals are human too. They should have the same rights as heterosexuals.

freelancer1 said:
"their lifestyle" is pretty much saying that i dont agree with gay peoples lifstyle and that they like the same sex
Right, so basically what you are saying is that you think they should have the same rights as the rest of us, hetherosexuals, but you don't agree with the fact that they are homosexuals (which means that they like people of their same gender). Isn't that a contradiction? besides being a clear sign of descrimination?

freelancer1 said:
"their lifestyle" is pretty much saying that i dont agree with gay peoples lifstyle and that they like the same sex
Do you mean that you think gay people are some how morally "wrong" in their existence at all or that you don't think they should act on their sexuality... or both?

i personally don't think there is anything wrong with 'same sex' marriges. i don't have a problem with it at all. :smiley:

freelancer26 said:
i personally don't think there is anything wrong with 'same sex' marriges. i don't have a problem with it at all. :smiley:
Neither do I....

And regarding marriage as a religious thing, many churches are accepting of gay people , so they could get married there.

I'm fully in support of same sex marriage rights. They're people too, why shouldn't they have the same rights as straight people? Just because it goes against some religions, that shouldn't mean anything when it comes to the legality of marriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back