Politics Same-sex Marriages

Status
Not open for further replies.
angel_audie said:
Ok, I am going to be brutally honest.  I am a Christian.  I don't believe that people are born gay, I believe that people choose to be gay.  I do believe that God views homosexuality as a sin.  So I can not in good conscience say that I find gay marriage ok.

But with that said, I don't think it should be banned.  Why?  The last time I checked the Consitituiton of the United States is supposed to protect all Americans, not just the Christians and the conservatives.  The consitituition states that people can not be discrimated against due to their religious beliefs, race, sex, or sex orientation.  In other words, banning gay marriage violates gay people's rights because you are banning a marriage between them because of their sexual orentation.

OT: Last time someone listened to a bush, folks wandered around in the desert for 40 years.
[post="1052330"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

It is not a choice!!!! I have to say this again because I did not choose to be a lesbian. I just became it.

At least you believe it should not be banned. The Constitution is supposed to protect everyone in the U.S. Not just the conservatives. And not just the straight people.

:lol: That thing about a bush is hilarious.

And Maggie, thanks. But I do understand that there are some people that do believe that I am going to ruin the world. But I will not. People need to base opinions on other things besides religion, and I do.

It is not a choice!!!! I have to say this again because I did not choose to be a lesbian. I just became it.

At least you believe it should not be banned. The Constitution is supposed to protect everyone in the U.S. Not just the conservatives. And not just the straight people.

That thing about a bush is hilarious.

And Maggie, thanks. But I do understand that there are some people that do believe that I am going to ruin the world. But I will not. People need to base opinions on other things besides religion, and I do.

We could debate on whether gays choose to be or not til we are blue in the face and we wouldn't agree. On that matter, let's just agree that you have your opinion and I have mine. ;)

I just think that all people deserve to be treated like humans and that includes gays. Gays are human beings that have feelings as well. Remember the whole golden rule thing? You know, treat others as you wish to be treated. Sadly, people seem to forget that rule when it is convient. :(

I too thought the Bush thing was hilarous. I was torn between posting, "Bush, Cheney, Rumsfield-The Axis of Weasel" or "Disney gave us Mickey Mouse, Florida gave us Dumbo" But with subject matter involved the listening to the bush thing seemed more appropriate. :P

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

To treat others differently is a violation of the 14th Amendment as quoted above.

freelancer1 said:
"their lifestyle" is pretty much saying that i dont agree with gay peoples lifstyle and that they like the same sex
[post="417486"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I dont think we have the right to judge them as we dont know what it is like. If u feel strongly enough for someone why cant you marry them?? we cant decide if people say we cant marry the one we love we would object . in an era post- sexual liberation i think that we should respect everyones opinion and put ourselves in their shoes. Life isnt just black and white. You dont pick being homosexual, its not a choice and you have to live with it, there is no point hiding it, I for one am all for it, as everyone should be accepted in a welcoming society.

The issue was put on ballots to get out the conservative vote who will ome out against this and vote for Bush at the same time.

Now, on the issue...Show me proof positive that homosexuality is a genetic trait and you have made your case for equal rights across the board.

why don't you show some proof that heterosexuality is a genetic trait.
Or tell us how you choose to be heterosexual.

And once again, I have to say that marriage existed before Christianity did, so why is there this Christian felgercarb?

(may I also add that gay marriage is still moving along strongly incanada)

it is definitely more common, but then, if you believe that people are born hetero, then the gay must be 'turned' gay, which many people have said they just became it

hmmmm
kinda makes you think of womens sufferage....

Seriously....does it hurt to let gay couples get married???

TO EACH HIS OWN!!!!!

Vaughn_Lovah said:
Seriously....does it hurt to let gay couples get married??? 

[post="1052794"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking. Other than causing a little culture shock to the old-fashioned people, gay marriages wouldn't really affect society, other than making a little more open

11 states banned gay marrige today. I can't belive it.

It's this kind of stuff that makes people afraid to come out

toxic karma said:
I know, it makes me sick that people can be so hateful and closed minded.
[post="1052737"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Honestly, I couldn't believe it..or maybe I could. & that's the sad part. -_-

--jenn :juggle:

AliasHombre said:
The issue was put on ballots to get out the conservative vote who will ome out against this and vote for Bush at the same time.

Now, on the issue...Show me proof positive that homosexuality is a genetic trait and you have made your case for equal rights across the board.
[post="1052575"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
You actually think people want to be gay? It just happens that their prefrence is to be with people of their same gender. No wonder people are afraid to come out, because others will have prejudice against them. America will never make progress with conservatives like you.

greekolympics said:
You actually think people want to be gay? It just happens that their prefrence is to be with people of their same gender. No wonder people are afraid to come out, because others will have prejudice against them. America will never make progress with conservatives like you.
[post="1052854"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
My comment demonstrated no prejudice, just a resonable arguement that had no religion involved at all.

Omg, I can't believe most Americans still think being gay is something that people chose for.. :thud: Here it's accepted by everyone that you're BORN gay, America is like 50 years back in the past with things like this.. loads of men are married here, and women too.. and they have adopted children too, nothing wrong with that imo. (y)

AliasHombre said:

[post="1052575"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Where does it say in the 14th amendment that only genetic traits are protected? Equal protection means equal protection. If one person is given a right, all persons must be given that same right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back