Foodies Sandwich cut -- corner to corner or left to right?

Sandwich cutting, corner-to-corner or left to right?

• Corner to corner

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Left to right

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quarters (like Club sandwiches)

• Top to bottom (I like being different!)

• I don't cut my sandwiches

• Other

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Making some sandwiches this weekend and I realized that Mrs. Kevin and I have different ideas of sandwich making. In particular, how they should be cut.

Personally I like the corner-to-corner slice when making sandwiches on bread. Hoagies and cheesesteaks, of course, are cut in the middle but bread sandwiches could be sliced any number of ways. Mrs. Kevin, for some reason, prefers not to slice her sandwiches at all. :cautious:

So what's your sandwich slicing preference? :sandwich:

Depends upon the 'Type' of sammich.

Toasted cheese, buttered toast or thin hard crusted sammiches get corner - to - corner

Club always gets corner quartered

Mini dagwoods get cut in half down the center as do PB&J and Fluffernutters
Egg, Ham Egg & Cheese and anything with lettuce and tomato added as well.

BLTs, Steak & Cheese and pork steak sammiches don't get cut at all.
Tomato - Mayo either even if it has cheese.

Things in buns dont get cut either unless it is a foot long and loaded - then only for ease of handling.

Basically, if it has small parts it gets cut in half
If it is dipped into something it gets cornered
and if it is sloppy it doesn't get cut at all.

Salt & Pepper Sandwich is one slice of bread rolled up and squished.
In fact, any seasoning sammich is rolled but not cut. Including sugar sammiches.

Egg salad, tuna salad, ham salad, chicken salad, turkey salad and potted meat sammiches are always on one slice and folded. Ketchup, mustard, mayo and BBQ sauce sammiches are also one sided and folded. Soup sammich, stew sammich and salad sammich is also one piece folded.

Open faced and gravy based sammiches are usually cut diagonal as in the hot roast beef with mashed tater & gravy or the turkey leftovers plate made with gravy. felgercarb-on-the-shingles is also cut diagonal if cut at all.
I got my son one of those sammich makers and it cooks and cuts the sammiches all diagonal.
k2-_389f0d51-c460-49e7-8ef1-773ac758e05e.v1.jpg-827433da252b0ad04055a5ebab467caa1aa74b9e-optim-450x450.jpg

You're overthinking it, Tom. Just a plain simple sandwich... two pieces of bread, some mayo/butter, a slice or two of lunch meat, a slice or two of cheese, maybe some lettuce.

I eat a lot of sammiches!
I think that if I have a loaf of bread I can make a sammich out of anything.
The one you just described mandates a center cut verticle because of the lettuce

I eat a lot of sammiches!
I think that if I have a loaf of bread I can make a sammich out of anything.
I'm the same way; it drives my wife nuts sometimes. As long as I have some type of bread/roll I'll make sandwich with it. At family dinners I'm known for using the tiny little dinner rolls and making sandwiches with them, especially at Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.
The one you just described mandates a center cut verticle because of the lettuce
Hhhmm.... I think I'd still go for the corner cut.

Back