Sanity Saved

aww i feel so bad for her!! i am glad that she always has vaughn and mia to look after her!!
thanks for the PM
cant wait for more :D

Syd's doing better... I'm a lil bit anxious about what's going to happen the moment she steps through the front door :blink:

me

PS. Great update! ;)

nooooo evil cliffhanger...evil cliffhanger. i can't wait until the next update. ahhhh. i love how mia is so different than irina. more caring too. i hope nadia isn't home yet...at least she won't get in trouble. thanks for the pm.

-erin :smiley:

I put my hand to the doorknob, and held it there for a moment. Everything was about to change.

Hopefully, Sydney will make it change for the better. Start demanding respect from her sister. Having her parents realize she's important- not a doormat for everyone to wipe their feet on. Maybe allow Sydney to switch schools.

Because Sydney has seen what it's like to be a member of a loving family. Members who care for each other, who are fun loving and kind. Sydney deserves that.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

poor syd
if i was her i would never go back to her house again... i would run away and live with vaughn *thinks* actually... thats not a bad idea... all i have to do is find my own vaughn to runaway with... but that might take a while
thanks for the pm

Here is Andrea's next chapter. One more from me and then she returns on the 10th.

Chapter 17

A/N- All right, this is kind of family oriented chapter with Nadia and Irina. It's a lot shorter than previous chapters, though. Blame it on time, lol Hope everyone likes it!!

I pushed open the door quickly. It was like ripping off a band aid- it was less painful when you did it fast.

I stepped into the foyer as quietly as I possibly could. But my sister must have had super hearing, because the second my sandal hit the floor she was standing in front of me.

She grabbed my arm forcefully. “My room, now!” she hissed. She obviously wasn’t in the mood to involve our parents, which surprised me.

I didn’t argue with her forcefulness, but let her led me up the stairs to her room.

She closed the door quietly once we were in behind the door. She released my arm, which was now slightly red because of her hard grip. She rounded on me quickly, her hair whipping in front of he eyes; a clear indication that she was mad.

“Where the hell were you?”

“When?” I asked.

“When? When do you think, Sydney?”

“I was at a friend’s doing a project,” I told her. “Didn’t mom tell you?” I tired to be as convincing as possible, but I knew it was pointless to even try with her. She already knew.

“Don’t lie to me!” she hissed.

“I’m not lying!”

“You’re screwing him, aren’t you?”

I gasped. “How dare you!”

“How dare me? You’re the one running around with the captain of Collin’s hockey team!” she told me, as if I was committing some deadly sin.

“You don’t even know him, Nadia,” I protested.

“I don’t want to know him,” she said angrily, crossing her arms.

“Your loss,” I said, shrugging my shoulders, turning my head.

We were both silent for a minute. The silence killed me. She broke it.

“So, you were at his house all night? Where was his mother? Probably not there, right? I heard she had him when she was 16. What a slut. It’s probably why he turned out to be such an idiot,” she said, snickering.

Suddenly I no longer had control of my hands. I slapped her across the face hard, creating a sound like a whip. Her head flew to the left. She stood that way for a moment. I stood riveted on the spot, stunned at what I had just done.

Slowly she raised her head to look at me. There was a red hand print marked across her tanned face.

I didn’t say anything. I wasn’t apologizing. She had no right to judge either Mia or Vaughn.

Somehow Nadia looked different to me now. Like that one gesture had somehow made me see her in a different light. She was no longer so scary. She was my little, baby sister. I remembered back to the happier times of my childhood.

A crowd of people stood anxiously waiting in front of a large house. One being a little girl, who restlessly held onto her Aunt Katya’s hand. A banner hung over all of their heads saying, “Welcome home, Nadia!”

A car pulled up into the driveway, and the small crowd immediately went towards it, like a magnet.

A young woman and man stepped out of the car with a buddle of blankets wrapped in the woman’s arms. The little girl and her aunt made their way to the front of the crowd.

“Hi, sweetheart,” the mother said, as the little girl hugged her mother’s leg forcefully, and the father ruffled her hair. The mother kneeled down, so she was at eye level with her eldest daughter.

“Do you want to meet your little, baby sister, Sydney?”

The little girl nodded her head vigorously, like she had waited for this moment her whole life. The mother titled the blankets away from her, so that a small baby was reviled. The crowd of people all made “awing” noises. The little girl was quite for a moment, as she looked at her new sister, and observed her small face. A smile broke out across her face, and she looked up into her mother’s happy face.

“I love her!” she said. The mother and the father smiled, as their eldest child leaned down to kiss her new sister on the cheek, gently.

I remembered that day clearly. I remember looking at the baby in front of me. She looked so small and frail, like she needed someone to look after her. I was going to be that person; I wanted to be that person. She was my baby sister, but now looking at her I felt all of those old feelings slip away. She was no longer the cute, innocent Nadia that I loved; she was the hateful, selfish Nadia that I loathed. I hated that it ended up like this.

Her eyes narrowed to small slits.

She stood up straight. I didn’t know what she was going to do, but I didn’t back down. I continued staring back into those dark eyes.

“Out,” were the only words she uttered, as she pointed towards the door.

I followed her instructions, and left the room without looking back.

~*~*~*

I sat in my room that night wondering when everything had changed. At what point in life could I clearly see the happy, loving family fade into a miserable, distant family. I searched through my memories, but everything seemed distant and foggy. I couldn’t put all the pieces together because I was so young when it happened. Certain pieces of the puzzle were missing.

However, one thing that clearly stuck out in my mind was the day that my Aunt Katya passed away. My mother was devastated. Katya and she were always very close, unlike Nadia and me.

She died in a car accident. I remember hearing my mother openly crying in the living room; something that I had never witnessed. At that time the family was very close, especially my mother and I. I constantly wanted to be with mommy, and when I saw her break like that it scared me. She always seemed so strong to me as a little girl- nobody could shatter my mommy! When I saw what Katya’s death did to her I was afraid, because it no longer looked like anyone was going to be able to mend the broken pieces.

She never truly did recover from that suffering. She became bitter and secluded with the whole family. We no longer did family things together. She buried herself in cleaning and cooking, and no longer bothered with anyone. My parent’s relationship clearly changed, too. They no longer seemed content in each others company.

Nadia was never really witness to the happiness of the Bristow’s, since the misery settled in soon after her birth, when Aunt Katya passed away.

One of the reasons I believe Nadia is so cold and unloving is because of the way she sees our mother. My mom didn’t give Nadia the same loving attention as a baby as she did with me. She cared for her obviously, but there was no nurturing love there. Therefore, Nadia really never know what it was like to be loved by a parent.

My family had been unraveled with one single death. Like when you take a piece of fabric and rip one edge, the whole thing eventually comes unraveled, leaving one long piece of string.

TBC in a few days...

PM List as it stands: (2 new additions from Andrea's list..last 2 people)

emetib17
saila_02
Faye Vaughn
tunita
fire*N*ice
derevkointraining
AliasSydney502
Vaughn-a-holic!439
sand2604
Syd&Vaughn4eva
secret_agent_angel
SpygirlAmy
Chicketepee
Fieldstation
Hannahb
Catpin
aliasfan212
Kate_14
ams4alias
Alias79
xMountineer02300844x
syd-157
mnkdance963
angels_fire_88
farliieansds225
pansarah1
cookiemonster
sydneymicheal
amlynac
secret_agent_angel
alias_angel
loane
stealthy
tubby
6helterskelter6
funkymonkey
gtwallichs
Smcki10
ChrisM
BrownEyedGirl
TexasAlias2004

So now we have some insight as to why Nadia is the way she is. She's cold because she never had an example of someone loving and caring.

However, that doesn't give Nadia an excuse for calling Mia a slut and Michael an idiot. I'm glad Sydney slapped her, and hopefully some sense into her. If anything, Nadia has learned Sydney is no longer afraid of her and will fight back if pushed. Sydney may now see clearer why her sister has the problems she does, but that doesn't mean Sydney has to put up with them.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

What I was really most surprised of is the fact that Sydney slapped Nadia... I truly didn't think of Sydney acting like this... but in some way I could feel the tension and I also think that I would have reacted that way had it been me :angelic:

Can't wait to see what's coming next! :smiley:

Back