Sanity Saved

I'm kinda glad Syd smacked Nadia!!
-She totally deserved... I mean she doesn't even know them!!!
I hope they will be close soon!!
-Loved it!! Thanks for the pm!!

good chapter. that was a wake up call for nadia. i hope that the bristow family can go back to how they used to be and see that mia and michael are wonderful people. thanks for the pm.

-erin :smiley:

Update time!!

Here is the next chapter. This is it coming from me. Andrea will be back from her vacation on the 10th and will continue her updates. :smiley:

Chapter 18

A/N- Next chapter! Hope people like it! I'd say it's pretty dramatic, lol

Nadia and I didn’t jog together that morning like we usually would on any regular school morning. She headed off to the right and I went to the left. Hopefully she would have enough sense not to go back in to the house if she got back first without me. Mom hated when we fought, so we had to be very discreet.

It was odd being without Nadia while I jogged along. Almost kind of lonely, which probably sounded odd, considering we defiantly weren’t on good terms right now. We never talked while on these jogs either, so why did it feel so awkward? I was probably just so use to her presence that it seemed odd to be without it.

Sometimes I wished I could just get into my sister’s head. I wanted to know what she was thinking. What she was feeling. Life would be so much easier if I possessed that ability.

I arrived back at the house twenty minutes later. I could see Nadia jogging to a stop. I did the same. We still didn’t say anything to each other, but silently headed up the porch to walk into the house.

My mother stood at the door, and handed us the water that she did everyday, and we had the same 40 minutes to get ready for school. Routine.

We headed up the stairs, still not mentioning the events of the previous night. She went to her room and I went to mine.

The moment I stepped in, I could hear my cell phone ringing in my purse. I quickly dug it out, hoping I didn’t miss the call.

“Hello?” I said, quickly.

“Hey, where were you?” Vaughn asked. “I called a couple times.”

“Out for a run,” I told him.

“For a run?”

“Every morning,” I sighed.

“Wow, well I guess that keeps you in shape.” He paused. “How are you feeling?” It was just like Vaughn to make sure I was all right. My guardian angel.

“Fine, now.”

“So, how do you think school is going to be?” he asked.

I flopped down on my bed. “I really have no idea. It all depends on how many people Nadia has already told, I guess.”

“Well, I just wanted to wish you luck with the crazies,” he said.

“God, it’s like I’m going to war or something, not school! It’s pathetic really.” I told him, putting a hand on my forehead.

“I know, Syd, but you’ll be out of there in less then a year, so try not to worry about it too much.”

“You’re right. Anyway, I’ve got to get ready. I’ll call you later.”

I threw my cell onto my bed, and quickly got ready for the day that lay ahead of me.

~*~*~*

I stood in front of the large, front doors of McWilliams. The school was almost castle-like. Too big for its own good. Someone who didn’t know where they were going could easily get lost within the walls of the private school. It was almost kind of intimidating when you looked up at the huge building in front of you.

I took one deep breathe, and pushed open the doors. Nothing seemed different. I didn’t know what I really expected, though.

Clicks hung around their lockers, talking to each other, people grabbed their textbooks, and students stood outside their first period class. It was a normal Monday morning.

I sighed with relief. It seemed word hadn’t gotten around yet.

I opened my locker, and got out my math books. I was about to close it when a voice stopped me, calling out my name.

“Hey, Sydney! I hear you’re going out with Michael Vaughn,” a voice yelled.

It was like every head in the school automatically snapped towards me, even the teachers. I turned around, and saw Evan, assistant captain of the hockey team, standing on the other side of the hall. Jane stood close to him, but slapped his arm hard, and whispered, “I told you not to say anything, you idiot!”

He stood there like a complete fool, as if he had just reviled the biggest secret in the world. The dumb grin not leaving his face as he and the rest of the school stared at me.

Every one was quite for a moment, in an almost eerie way. You would be able to hear a pin drop. They stood there for all of about five seconds before everyone burst into excited chatter. Some gave me angry glares and some wouldn’t even look at me, but everyone seemed to be talking.

The secret was out, and I was most likely going down with it.

I scanned the crowd, and saw Nadia standing in a corner by herself. She actually looked somewhat sad. Our eyes locked for a moment, but she immediately turned her head when she noticed me looking at her. Although, we didn’t get along, we were more alike then we thought. Most of the time, by just looking at my sister, I was able to tell what she was thinking.

She disappeared around a corner, and out of my line of vision. I could feel everyone’s eyes on me the back of my head as I made my way down the hall to math. Whispers seemed to follow me everywhere I went. I could hear random snippets of people’s conversations as I passed.

“That’s the girl who’s dating Michael Vaughn.”

“Ugh, what an idiot!”

“I officially hate her. How could she do this to the school?’

I tired not to hear the comments. They were stupid. If you were going to hate me because of the person I was dating that was pretty pathetic, especially when you didn’t even know me or him.

~*~*~*~

By the end of the day I was exhausted, but I listened closely as my teacher wrote down notes on the blackboard for us to copy.

Ricky was sitting behind me again. I could almost feel the anger building up in him.

“Sydney! Sydney.”

I ignored him.

“Sydney, listen to me!” he said, angrily.

I turned around halfway in my seat.

“You’re going to regret this little stunt of yours. You’re supposed to be with me,” he hissed.

Feeling bold I whispered back. “And what makes you think that exactly?”

“Because I said, Syd.” He traced a finger down my spine as he said those last words to me. I shivered. His cold finger against my bare skin was one of the most unsettling feelings. I tired to sit up further in my seat, but I could still feel him breathing heavily down my back.

I waited as the clock ticked down, and quickly rushed to my locker at the sound of the bell. People watched as I went. I knew that no matter where I went eyes would follow, but as of now, anyone’s eyes were better than Ricky’s piercing, cold blue ones.

I ran from the school, and took off on my way home. I walked quickly, trying to separate myself as far as I could from the school and Ricky.

The whole time I felt nervous and unsettled. I pulled at the hem of my shirt. I crossed my hands over my chest.

I heard approaching footsteps from behind. I didn’t want to turn; afraid of who I would come face to face, although I already had a fairly good idea. I kept walking at my fast pace, the footsteps increased their speed as mine did. They were now right beside me. I didn’t turn to look at him- Ricky. I kept my eyes directly ahead, hoping that this was just some bad nightmare, and I would wake up any minute now.

He slipped his arm around my shoulder. I shrugged it off, feeling an icy shiver at his touch.

“What’s wrong, honey? Don’t like my arm around you?” he whispered into my ear. His hot breath against my ear made me step away even further.

“No need to be scared. I’m just trying to make you see how were supposed to be together.”

I still didn’t say anything, but kept walking, looking straight ahead.

“Why don’t you say anything? I’m not going to hurt you. I just want to talk,” he said, but I could tell his anger was reaching the boiling point.

“I don’t,” I said, sharply.

In one swift moment he took me by the shoulders and pinned me up against a tree.

I turned my head away form him. “Look at me!” he yelled, taking my face in his hands, and forcing my eyes on his.

“You and I will end up together. Do you understand that?’

I didn’t say anything. I wasn’t going to give into him.
He pushed me harder against three, causing me to wince in pain.

“Let her go,” a voice called.

I sighed with relief at hearing Vaughn’s voice.

Rickey’s mouth turned up at the corners, and an evil grin danced at the sides of his mouth. He turned slowly, while keeping me up against the tree.

Vaughn stood a couple feet away from us. He wore a hard expression, with his eyes locked on Ricky and the situation playing out before his eyes.

“Let her go,” he said, this time more forcefully.

“What are you going to do about it, Vaughn?” Ricky said, taunting him, while leaning in closer to me. I could smell his sickening cologne. It made me want to gag.

I could see the rage in Vaughn’s eyes.

“Let her go, or I swear to God, Ricky.”

“Oh, is Vaughn protective of his new, little girlfriend?” he asked, in a mock baby voice. “Yes, well I’ve got to admit she’s pretty hot, so I don’t blame you for claiming her as your next.”

Ricky came at me with his mouth. I closed my eyes in disgust. I wanted to push him away; do something, but he had me pinned up against the tree so hard that I could barely move.

Suddenly, Ricky was being knocked to the ground. Vaughn tackled him to the green grass. I stood there, half dazed at the situation.

Vaughn pinned Ricky to the ground. Vaughn was obviously the stronger of the two. He raised his fist, but seemed to stop in mid swing. He looked thoughtful for a moment.

He leaned in closer to Ricky. “You come near Sydney again, I’ll kill you,” he said, simply. He pushed him slightly and stood up quickly, and walked over to me.

I couldn’t seem to move my feet without Vaughn’s touch. He took my hand in his and led me away from Ricky.

“That’s right, walk away!” Ricky called after us.

Neither of us turned around for a second glimpse.

We walked in silence. Vaughn led me to a park bench. He sat me down carefully. I stared directly in front of me at a tree, and didn’t attempt to acknowledge what just happened. Vaughn just looked at me with concern.

“Syd, are you okay?” he whispered, unsurely.

I nodded in response, still in a daze.

He didn’t push the subject, so we just sat there in silence for a moment. Birds sang their tune, the tress swayed in the breeze, and children played without a care.

Vaughn shook his head in disgust.

“I can’t believe this,” he said to more to himself than anyone.

I didn’t respond. He turned to look at me.

“Sydney, he won’t come near you again, I promise.”

“How do you know,” I whispered.

“Because he’s not going to come after you during the middle of school, and I swear to you, everyday when you walk home from school, I’ll be waiting.”

I turned to look at him.

“You swear, because I don’t think I can deal with that! Not now.”

“I swear, Syd,” he told, pulling me in closer.

I closed my eyes. This was a nightmare. This was only day one! What was the rest of my high school life going to be like now?

TBC

PM List as it stands: (3 new additions from Andrea's list..last 3 people)

emetib17
saila_02
Faye Vaughn
tunita
fire*N*ice
derevkointraining
AliasSydney502
Vaughn-a-holic!439
sand2604
Syd&Vaughn4eva
secret_agent_angel
SpygirlAmy
Chicketepee
Fieldstation
Hannahb
Catpin
aliasfan212
Kate_14
ams4alias
Alias79
xMountineer02300844x
syd-157
mnkdance963
angels_fire_88
farliieansds225
pansarah1
cookiemonster
sydneymicheal
amlynac
secret_agent_angel
alias_angel
loane
stealthy
tubby
6helterskelter6
funkymonkey
gtwallichs
Smcki10
ChrisM
BrownEyedGirl
TexasAlias2004
vaughn4eva24

AWWWWWW poor syd. I never liked Ricky :angry: . he is such an a$$hole, but atleast she has vaughn :D. i sure wouldnt mind having vaughn protect me!! ;)
Great Update!!!!!

OOOOOOOOO IM THE FIRST ONE TO UPDATE TOOOOO. this day keeps on getting better

So glad that Vaughn was there...
I can't believe the reactions of the students...
That is just ridiculous...It's just a highschool.
Ricky is an ass...
I wonder if Nadia will find out
and how will she react.
Can't wait for more.
Thanks for the pm.

Back