Santa Claus Vs. Jesus Christ

I find it very disturbing that parents all over the world lie to their children regarding the jolly 'ole fat guy... Santa. I believe that telling children that they must believe in a fat man who is "magic" in order to get presents is very wrong. It's the same concept as Christianity. Parents tell their children they must believe in Jesus Christ in order to get "presents" in the after-life. Don't you find it odd that adults are willing to believe in God but not Santa? Wouldn't you think that once they learned that Santa wasn't real, they would also realize that God isn't real?

In other words: My question is, once a person becomes aware of the fact that Santa is, indeed, just a legend, and not real, why do they continue to believe in Jesus? Both are people you must have faith in and both are taught from a very young age. Also, once you learn that Santa isn't real, you must also learn that his magic isn't real. If Santa's "magic" isn't real, are Jesus's "miracles" real? I'm not really saying that the idea of Santa is bad, I just find it damaging to religious beliefs as well as just being unnecessary...

old tails never die.... it is the human nature to believe in things. we will continue to believe in those things even if we will leave earth and live on mars and be half humans and half robots. there are some things that will never change in our nature - for good or for bad.

Back