Sarah McLachlan

Andy said:
FTE: 10/10. You hear everyone talk about how great it is but can never really know until you check it out. Wow...simply amazing :D .
[post="1329723"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Glad you feel that way. I've said this before, in this thread I believe, Fumbling Towards Ecstasy is the best album released, by any artist, in the past 15 years, period.

On a side note, "Good Enough" should be a 10/10. ;)

[quote name='Danté's Prayer' date='May 7 2005, 03:40 PM']I think the lyrics are kinda sick :P
"hey little girl would you like some candy?"

what was she thinking  :eek:
[post="1330611"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]

Haha, I didnt catch that at first :P . Interesting choice of lyrics I suppose :lol: .

FTE is one of the greatest albums of the 20th century-totally underated and unappreciated. Every song is outstanding and could smack the felgercarb out of the s*** that is released these days. BAH!!!!

Woohooo I'm so excited I get to see Sarah for my first time!!!!! June 12th in Vancouver :D :D!!! I hope it's gonna be as amazing as I think it'll be!!!

Just to let you all know Sarah has her own iTunes Essentials album :woot:

I can't buy it though :angry: why doesn't Sarah's management brings out this amazing sounds on a real cd?!

I can't buy it 'cause 1) I don't have Visa 2) it's only available in the US store, not in the Belgian one

It's a nice cd... it's not only songs also Sarah giving comments on songs, why she wrote them, what she means by them, ... :smiley:

Ok...I must admit I just love "Fumbling Towards Ecstacy"

"Elsewhere" is so amazing... i've been playing it all night ... crying... I love you SARAH !!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't really like the sound of "Mary" and "Circle" but the lyrics are nice :smiley:

pfff Andy saw Sarah 2 days ago, i'm soooo jealous!

I expect a magnificent review Andy !!!

:( Your just making me sad now, I would've sent you to it in my place if I could have!!! I feel like a complete @ss giving my review to such long time fans, having to hear some stupid kid that happened to really get into the music only months ago talk about a concert that many people deserved to go to more but hopefully you won’t hate me too much after this…. :P. Alright, now that that’s said....

Where to start…Well I left for Vancouver on Saturday (Concert was Sunday the 12th ), took a couple planes blah…blah…blah :lol:. Alright, so the concert was held at GM Motors Place in Vancouver (The Canucks hokey team plays there). When I got there the stage was elaborately set up as some enchanted castle with trees and various other décor. May sound a little odd but it actually fit the show extremely well. Alright so at 7:30 on the dot the lights went down and the opening act “The Perishers” took the stage to perform. I’ve heard pretty good things about them (They originated in Sweden) but seeing them live really sealed the deal. They had real talent, very great band. One of their last songs also brought Sarah McLachlan out for a duet with the lead singer for the song “Pills”. The crowd (and me of course :lol:smiley: went crazy of course when we saw Sarah but reserving a lot of the energy for the main show. After the Perishers set they announced they would be at one of the closed gates to sign autographs etc…Everyone went flocking to buy their debut cd as they left the stage. I managed to get one luckily before a flood of people came. So the line for the meet and greet was huge and I figured I’d stay in line for a bit when I heard a low hum from the arena! The show was about to start!!! I quickly ran out of the line to grab my seat. Sat down, lights went out, it was time!!

Alright I'm going to write a review of the actual concert tomorrow when I have time to go through it and stuff...But if you've had enough of me already, let me know :P

Dante: Sarah's rendition of Blue is soo jazzy! ^_^
Andy: OMG!!! You saw Sarah!! I totally envy you!! I was lazy and didn't buy tickets when Sarah was in my town and now I totally regret it.

Oh! I bought Sarah McLachlan Video Collection 1989-1998 and the Fumbling DVD. They are soooooooo awesome!! *sigh* Sarah's so sweet.

Katrina Halliwell said:
I was lazy and didn't buy tickets when Sarah was in my town and now I totally regret it.

ooooh myyyy goooood :blink: how can you be too lazy to buy Sarah tickets??? when i found out Sarah was coming to Belgium i first SCREAMED like a 12 year old BSB-fan, got a cigarette and called my parents (who were in France at that time so expensive call :P) to ask them if i could go
and then just ordered the damn tickets!!!!!!!!! yeah, 6th row in the middle... i could almost touch her ^_^

hey Andy mate, i'm still awaiting your review -_- but hey, no pressure (i want it before the weekend! :lol: )

Sarah McLachlan has been one of my favorite singers for a long time and she recently (like a month ago) came w/ The Perishers and we saw he in concert. And she is as good in concert as she is in the cds, sometimes even better! The concert was completely amazing, it was the first time in 4 years she had come back to my city so we went again, and the set and everything was just amazing. It was one of my favorite concerts I have ever been to. She is just an amazing, nice person and singer!

Alright.... So the concert on the 12th so simply incredible. Words fail me so take what I say and magnify it by 100 :P .

I really liked the layout of the stage which had the drums in the back right, Sarah's piano on the left of the stage and on the right was a large tree stump in which a second drum set would rise from underneath for some of the songs. So she opened with World on Fire which I assume she opened all her Afterglow Live dates with. This is one of my favorites and was so amazing live. The intro played as a huge curtain in the middle of the stage fell and Sarah came out with her guitar. From that first song I knew this was well worth the trip. It only got better from there though. She continued with beautiful performances of Building a Mystery and Adia. She sang all the afterglow songs as well as two covers - "Blackbird" and "Solsbury Hill" which I thought were fantastic. Her voice was completely flawless through the entire performances. I don't think the chills went away till long after the show. Some awesome highlights were songs from FTE including Wait, Possession, and the AMAZING, Breath-taking live version Fear which had her starting at her piano for a small intro than moving to center stage. I can't even begin to explain her vocals on this song....Her performance of Angel was equally incredible. So great infact, afterwards she was given a very well-deserved standing ovation (for about 3 minutes!). Other amazing performances were Hold On and one of my personal favorites Drifting (both of which always make me so sad :( ) She ended with Possession which was spectacular. Fake leaves came falling from the roof which was a nice touch as a HUGE uproar from the crowd commenced (Oh yeah, there were about 11,000 fans there according to the newspapers that next morning, front page of course :lol: ). Then a light came up on Ash who was sitting on his drum set and licking a vanilla ice cream cone :P :lol: ! He threw it into the crowd and the whole gang came out for an encore beginning with, obviously, Ice Cream!! That encore ended with the beautiful FTE. After that she introduced the entire band (btw the guitar player, Sean was by my side of the stage most of time and he ROCKED.) He even waved to me and a group of people that stood up when he came close to the edge of the stage, very cool. Also, Sarah went to a camera where all the backstage workers were there on the side of the stage. They said thanks and how much fun it had been working on the tour...all before breaking out in song of course - Carol Burnett's "It's so nice we had this time together" (much thanks to The Vancouver Sun for giving the name of that song, I would've never known what it was called :lol: ). That was a very funny moment as the band took one last bow, thanked everyone for coming out and seeing their last show of the tour, and left the stage. But it wasn't over yet!! After about 3 minutes of cheering and hollering Sarah came out alone to a dark, empty stage for the final performance of the evening. Dirty Little Secret was probably the most definitive song of the night. I didn't want it to end, I never wanted it to end...but sadly after she had said one last "thank you" and left the stage the lights went up.

So the concert was flawless. Her singing is not possible to explain...those who have seen her live probably know what I mean....It was the best experience I've ever had and am quite sad its over:( . Never before had I had something I didn't want to end so much!! Also she talked toward the end about how she was, as all of us know, taking a long hiatus for her family and a well deserved break.

All I can say is good luck on whatever is next, can't wait for you to return to music!, and...THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES!!!!

Dude. :shocked: Andy, that sounds like it was awesome. I've seen it on DVD and I have really wanted to go, but I couldn't before because of school. It's so good to know you had a fun time. :smiley:

Back