Sarkina

Anyone else a Sarkina? This is one of the only wild slashes that could have happened, while Sark was working for Irina, before Alias ever started. Unless Irina is Sark's mum, which I don't really want to think about, it would be bad news for the Sarkneys....

It's not slash. But yeah I've heard of it. There are a bunch of Sarkina fics, too. :blink: Sometimes I like it and sometimes I don't... I'm on the fence, you might say. :lol: But Sarkney is definitely at the tip top of my list.

^ Like Les said, it's not slash...but it is one of the more...ermm...interesting pairings...

I'm actually not anti-Sarkina, but only in fanfic and if the fic is well-written. And it doesn't interfere with my Sarkney love (which I am die-hard Sarkney, of course). It only works though, when it is well fleshed out, and has nothing to do with feelings - and more to do with issues of power/instruction/dominance, etc. - IMHO

Hmmm - part of me sees this happening but I think of Irina too much as a mother figure for Sark.

i agree that it would never be about feelings. just power and dominance. i'm all for sarkney though. sarkina is just to dominatrix-ish. lol

m-c

I'm really sort of ambivalent about this. I'm trying really hard to form some sort of opinion, but I keep coming up blank. :mellow:

I agree with others that it would have to be all about the power playing and dominance...and if the fic was really well written I don't think I'd mind it.

I actually don't like the power/dominance thing... it freaks me out. :P I don't like seeing Irina as so... I dunno... It just makes me think of statutory rape :P which isn't good... :lol:

LOL on second thought maybe I don't really like Sarkina. But yeah, fic recs would be helpful... maybe I can hash out my true feelings toward it by reading that. :smiley: I know Auburn's 'Belfast,' of the Cities Arc series, deals with Irina basically raising Sark and teaching him all about sex. :thinking: That kinda freaked me out. But I guess if you're into the power/dominance thing, then go for it...

Les

I'll tell you right now that it's not my thing . . . but I understand that it works well for some :shrugs: to each his/her own I suppose . . .

first of all.....i can see where the sark/irina thing would develop...but OMG! i don't even want to think of that happening on the show.. i'm a sarkney shippper all the way! ((but i can for sure see where the S/I thing could maybe happen))

how is it not SLASH? just because Sark isn't a minor? Irina's like, what, Jack's age? And Sark's in his 20's! That's just disgusting. Interesting, but sick.

No offense...

Every teenage boy's dream. A powerful, dominating, beautiful woman and a mother rolled into one...

Why do people insist on pairing Sark with older women all the time? He still looks like a little boy! What was that comment Vaughn made about Sark almost looking like he had gone through puberty?

i have a tenative fic that is sark as a kid and meeting irina and coming to work for her. he's totally in love with her and she's just teaching him about sex and stuff. i don't know, i think it works. i think, for both sydney and irina, sark has that sort of amazed, infatuated type feeling.

m-c

Natalia said:
Why do people insist on pairing Sark with older women all the time? He still looks like a little boy!
[post="986834"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
It's possible that you've answered your own question. However, this is the sort of fantasy that doesn't appeal to me (I drop by from time to time because I'm curious as to why it might appeal to others), so I admit that I don't have a tremendous insight into it. ;)

I suppose I did! I just don't get that way of thinking. I mean, when I was 12, I was 'in love' with a couple of actors in their 30s! I have always gone for men. :D

Natalia said:
Every teenage boy's dream. A powerful, dominating, beautiful woman and a mother rolled into one...

Why do people insist on pairing Sark with older women all the time? He still looks like a little boy! What was that comment Vaughn made about Sark almost looking like he had gone through puberty?
[post="986834"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

lol Natalia, i agree.

Back