Sarkney Appreciation

That might be part of it for some people, but for me it stems from the fact that in S1 and S2 (the first half) I at least could feel that these were two people that wanted to get together (even if I wasn't really rooting for that to happen). All of S3 and into this beginning of S4, their relationship seems forced.

I've accepted the fact that I rarely enjoy conventional pairings. Thats why (getting back on track here) I love my Sarkney. :-D

I'm 50/50 in my feelings regarding conventional pairings. I'd like to Sarkney happen because I think Syd'd have more fun with Sark. You always have more fun and excitement with a bad guy. Plus, I'd love to see more Sark. Period. I just miss him. *sniff*

amy lynn said:
^ Leslie has been reading my mind again. :lol:

Thats really the way I feel about her too.  Season 3 (with the exception of her great speech in the first episode) killed part of her character that I admired.

This season, her interactions with Sloane have been par with character, as with her interactions with Jack post-his betrayal.  I've enjoyed seeing her with her sister because I think that, from what we know about Sydney, the portrayal is accurate.

What I don't get is the way the writers have her interacting with Vaughn.  I don't know...even in seasons 1 and 2 (which I wasn't ever an S/V shipper during) her actions still remained in the same character as her other interactions.  Something is just different with her Vaughn interactions that is spilling over from what I didn't like about season 3.
[post="1220742"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:D Agreed! The fact that you have, like, the same exact feelings I do about her makes me feel good coz it means I'm not completely off. :lol:

I am also one for unconventional pairings, I admit. But there are some shows where that's not the case, and I'm totally addicted to the conventional pairings, or at least, canonical ones (ER - Luka and Sam, Abby and Jake; Medium - Joe and Allison).

It's been so long since I've/we've seen Sark on Alias, it's hard for me to remember precisely what I loved about them together, though I still love them together. :love: It's just the specifics that elude me these days. -_- I was never really into the "Sark and Syd sex partners only" thing. I always wanted them to have an actual relationship. But how to get there... Not a clue. *sigh*

MissingSark said:
I guess I don't understand why you guys don't like Syd this season.  I think that all of the characters have been neglected by the writers.  Meaning, I didn't feel like we got a lot of character development for anyone in the first few episodes (but that doesn't mean that I stopped liking them).  We got good development from Vaughn when he was giving that speech in Ice and we got some Sloane/Dixon development, but other than that, it didn't seem like we got a lot.  Till Detente anyway (well Nocturne had internal Syd development).  Well, that's off topic and I apologize. 

I'm just sitting at my desk, counting the days until Sark appears and I'm no longer missing him.  I wish I had some limes...
[post="1220705"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
It's not that I didn't like Syd it's just...Yawn has brought her char down and down and more down during S3. and now in S4 he is still doing that. I want that kickass woman from S1 back. She wouldn't let Yawn keep hurting her over ando ver again. She wouldn't let him think he was suporior to her, or well at least leave him for thinking that. I have just had it with Yawn. I want him out and Syd get back ot her old self. standing up to Yawn in eppie 6 in S4 I liked therefor I liked Syd again. You could say I blame Yawn for how do you say it demote Syd from a kickass woman to a relationshipdependent woman. Someone who can't seem to live her life without a man. When she tried to move on He pulls her back and prevents her from moving on. In S4 when something in the relationship goes not to Yawns liking, Yawn blames Syd.

Yes. I can see Syd as needing people in her life, but what about Francie and Will? If you ask me, she didn't grieve properly over losing Francie (the writers made it look like it was because Allison took on her appearance, and Syd couldn't see Francie in the same light after that). But she lost her BEST FRIEND from middle school!!! And WILL. You could say that Will was her other best friend, basically. She loves him almost like a brother (and I wouldn't mind more... ;)). Where's her desire to have him back in her life? Why does she consider Vaughn, and now Nadia (ok I can understand that because of the familial connection, but she has no history with Nadia) the be all and end all of her social dependency? Because I do think she needs friends. Just... Francie and Will were perfect friends because they weren't a part of the spy game. And as much as she hated lying to them (a conflict that I miss a lot, actually), she needed people in her life who weren't involved in her work.

Haha sorrry. [/rant]

Leslie said:
Yes. I can see Syd as needing people in her life, but what about Francie and Will? If you ask me, she didn't grieve properly over losing Francie (the writers made it look like it was because Allison took on her appearance, and Syd couldn't see Francie in the same light after that). But she lost her BEST FRIEND from middle school!!! And WILL. You could say that Will was her other best friend, basically. She loves him almost like a brother (and I wouldn't mind more... ;)). Where's her desire to have him back in her life? Why does she consider Vaughn, and now Nadia (ok I can understand that because of the familial connection, but she has no history with Nadia) the be all and end all of her social dependency? Because I do think she needs friends. Just... Francie and Will were perfect friends because they weren't a part of the spy game. And as much as she hated lying to them (a conflict that I miss a lot, actually), she needed people in her life who weren't involved in her work.

Haha sorrry. [/rant]
[post="1221185"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I agree, I miss Syd's sopcial life too. I miss seeing Syd argue with Francie and Will about going to the bank and that her job was important.

A good thing would be if Syd starting teaching and become friends with other teachers. She did graduate, she can teach and do missions. Like she did school and missions. It would be so good to see Syd have a life outside the spy thing again. and hopefully some friends who when she tells them about Yawn will say "And you're still with him? God girl. the man doesn't deserve you. Come on, we're going out tonight to find you a real man. And through that she could come in cantact with some new man who is either an undercover agent for some group but will fall for her. Or a normal man who then has to deal with his girl being a spy. Either way would be int4eresting....mmm good fic idea if JJ won't use it. After I finished my smallville fic of course. I don't write more then 1 fic at the time cos I will neglet one or mess them up or lose my muse.

I feel the need to bump the thread today -- second page, wtf?! :o_O:

So yeah... I miss Sark again already. Did you guys notice that when he was on, Alias had the best two eps of this season? *sigh* And we got so many good canon Sarkney moments to use... :D

Well, I would disagree about Echoes being one of the best episodes (too much Anna, but the Vark moments were classic), but I know what you mean. A Man of His Word was great and it was because of Sark. His appearance brought the show to a whole other level and things got much better after that episode. Okay, so there's only been one episode since MoHW, but I still think it's true. I can't wait to see what he'll do when he shows up again. Until then, I'm living the Lime life.

Hehe yay! :D "Lime Life" -- love it. :D

Yeah I wasn't a huge fan of the ep proceeding MOHW, but it was better than the ones before it (i.e. Liberty Village! :puke:). It'll take a little more time before we can say more forcefuly, "The show sucks when Sark ain't there." ;)

hey guys. i haven't been here in ages!!!

SARKNEY ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i might post a link to my 'new' fic here later...

amisha
xxx

DA said himself that he was filming more episodes this season. They're not going to waste bringing Sark back and not have him be in the finale. He'll be back and make his presence known at towards the end of the season. No doubt about it. I hear that he breaks Vaughn's nose. (Well, I didn't hear that but it'd be cool.)