sarkney smut challenge

three out of the four judges have said it is okay to have a second entry and the fourth hasn't gotten back to me. but i think it would be cool. if inspiration strikes, go ahead and write.

m-c

acting_chica said:
three out of the four judges have said it is okay to have a second entry and the fourth hasn't gotten back to me.  but i think it would be cool.  if inspiration strikes, go ahead and write.

m-c
[post="942570"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Great - there's something rolling around in my mind, but I don't know if anything will come of it. Thanks :smiley:

hotpot said:
Great - there's something rolling around in my mind, but I don't know if anything will come of it. Thanks :smiley:
[post="942744"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

One can only hope. ^_^ Here's to another fab Sarkney fic! Hope you had a most excellent birthday.

:::whispers::: NtSNtSNtS

;) :Ph34r: :angelic:

A Dark Turn said:
One can only hope.  ^_^  Here's to another fab Sarkney fic!  Hope you had a most excellent birthday. 

:::whispers::: NtSNtSNtS

;)  :Ph34r:  :angelic:
[post="944426"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Thanks!
:lol: I am off to proof it now, hopefully I'll have it up today. ^_^

Leslie said:
Dayum, girl, you are FAST! It takes me like.. a year. :lol: ^_^
[post="944575"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol: Noooo, the chapter for Name the Stakes. I don't have anything else for the contest yet. ^_^

for those of you who have already posted and for those of you who will be posting their stories *cough*leslie*cough*, could you please include a word count, and include a summary as well. it just makes it all the easier. if you have posted, you can just go back and edit the post. the summary doesn't have to be long. just "sark's on the run from the covenant, syd ends up trying to help him" something like that. it would be very much appreciated. and for those of you who are still writing, continue and finish!!!! can't wait to read em all.

thanks

m-c

K, so question... (1) what's the difference between NC-17 and R? And can it just be R or do you want full-blown NC-17? :smiley:

LOL the fact that I am asking this cracks me up... :lol:

unfortunately dita had to move to london suddenly, and does not know the internet situation there. most likely, she will not be a judge because she won't be able to access the stories. but there's still amy, meg, and me so keep writing.

m-c

Hmmm...okay...my take on the difference between NC-17 and R is graphic, detailed smut versus more implied language.

If you want an example, and I think you reviewed this, Les... it's Betrayal by Gaudy over at ML...

I think thats a great example of R versus NC-17 smut. I also think both are completley acceptable :smiley:

I hope that helps...

Oh ok. :smiley: Yeah I remember Betrayal. Thanks for the help, m-c! ^_^

ETA: Almost finished! Just gotta proofread and I'll post... WHEW! About time, eh? :lol:

La la la... :whistle: POSTED BABY! :D Not a moment too soon...

Title: There’s Beauty in the Breakdown
Rating: R (lol :rolleyes:)
Word Count: 10,686
Summary: The hell that had been Sydney Bristow’s life while Lauren was alive is over. At least, that’s what everyone assumes. Meanwhile, Sark is plagued by insomnia and something else that he can’t quite put a finger on…
Timeline: Post-Resurrection. Jack’s betrayal never happened.
Disclaimer: Unfortunately, JJ owns Alias and all the characters therein. :P
Acknowledgements: Thanks so much to Blake for his gun knowledge (however limited ;)). Thanks to Dostoevsky, for his incredibly awesome Russian literature, from which I love to *ahem* steal. :lol: Also, many thanks to my Alias Bible, www.aliasinsider.com, for their glorious transcripts. ^_^
The title for this piece is taken from the song “Let Go” by Frou Frou.
A/N: Anything in third person is in italics; the rest is done in first person vignettes, with point of view alternating between the characters of Sydney and Sark. So keep that in mind while reading or you might get very confused. ^_^
FC Quotes Used: Once again, I went a little nutso… :P

Narrator: I had never been in a car accident.

Narrator: When you have insomnia, you're never really asleep... and you're never really awake.

Narrator: With insomnia, nothing is real. Everything is far away. Everything is a copy of a copy of a copy.

Tyler Durden: One could make all kinds of explosives, using simple household items. If one were so inclined.

Narrator: I ran. I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

Narrator: [Marla] was the little scratch on the roof of your mouth that would heal if only you could stop tonguing it, but you can't.

Narrator: This was my vacation, and she ruined everything.

Tyler Durden: Stop trying to control everything and just let go! LET GO!

Narrator: We have just lost cabin pressure.

Narrator: We should do this again sometime.

Richard Chesler: Is that your blood?
Narrator: Some of it, yeah.

Tyler Durden: You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Marla: You’re the worst thing that’s ever happened to me.

Tyler Durden: It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything. [variant]

Narrator: Put a gun to my head and paint the wall with my brains.

Marla: Looks like this is goodbye.
Narrator: Yeah, well, let’s not make a big thing out of it.
Marla: How’s this for not making a big thing?

Narrator: And then, something happened. I let go. Lost in oblivion. Dark and silent and complete. I found freedom. Losing all hope was freedom. [variant]

ETA: Yeah I forgot to point out that this is the beginning of a story, which is why when reading it there will be some unexplained elements...

Ah, almost forgot a word count for mine. :doh:

It's 9,710 words. :smiley: I'll add that to the original post too.

Back