Save Me from the Nothing I've Become

That was great...
I am glad that Mike was so good with Nadia and was not bothered with her...
Hopefully Jamie will see the change in Syd and be her friend...
Are Jamie and Syd the same age?
Thanks for the pm.
Can't wait to see how the date goes.

loved the rose for nadia, she's so great. course, jolie could kick her ass to saturn, but there's no need. and that he treats nadia not like a bug, that was cute. awww...

and that his "perfect" sister is so judgmental kinda makes me feel a bit better. is that weird? i was worried that the whole family was a bunch of do-gooders, and that would really drive me nuts.

i'm guessing the addition to your sig is a result of last night's episode that i'm not allowed to hear about. grrr. you're such a tease.

i'm copying this to my email since every review i tried to send yesterday failed miserably. or maybe it's just a reflection of my life today. will tell all in a pm.

hugs,
t

i'm guessing the addition to your sig is a result of last night's episode that i'm not allowed to hear about. grrr. you're such a tease.

the addition to my sig really has nothing to do with the plot of anything, it was just a really cute line i liked. i'll GLADLY tell you what the episode was like if you want T!

:D :D

Great update!
I love that they are going out and Nadia she's so cute. I just hope that Jamie will come around and support this. Thanks for the PM and I can't wait for more.

awwwwwww he's so cute
he gave her rose n let nadia come
sooooooo cute
i can't wait to seewhat they do in the evaning
i can't wait for more
thanks for the pm
update REALLY SOON

luv Chicketepee :seehearspeak:

Here is the next chapter... PM's will go out in a few hours so sorry to everyone who finds this before i send them. Blame starvation... i kinda want my dinner. :D

Slight recap:
Jamie sat back with a smirk on her face for the rest of the ride. She knew her brother had it bad for Sydney. Yet she couldn’t decide how she felt about that.

Chapter 10:

The Vaughn’s pulled up to the Bristow house and got out of the car. Nadia had been peering through the window for them to arrive and as soon as they did, she flung open the door.
“JAMIE!” she shrieked and started impatiently jumping up and down. Jamie jogged across the lawn and swooped up the little girl.
“Hey cutie! Ready for a night of movies and popcorn?”
Nadia nodded and then spotted Mike. “MIKE!!!” She shrieked loudly, in Jamie’s ear.
“Hey Nadia. Is Sydney ready?”
“I’ll get her.” Nadia squirmed out of Jamie’s grasp and ran upstairs, leaving the Vaughn’s standing in the living room. Mike shrugged at Jamie and shut the door.
A minute later he saw Sydney and Nadia heading down the stairs.
She looks great,” Mike thought to himself, watching her walk down the stairs. She was wearing jeans that fit perfectly in all the right places and a snug pink sweater. There was one simple barrette holding her hair in place and she only had on a hint of makeup.
Jamie glanced over and saw the goofy look on her brother’s face and stifled a laugh. She discreetly poked him.
Mike snapped out of his dream world when he felt his sister jab a finger into his ribs and stood up straight. “Hey Syd.”
“Hey.” She said, smiling.
That smile is so beautiful…” Mike thought to himself, feeling his heart melt with each step she took closer to him.

“Jamie, everything should be set. Nadia already had dinner so whatever you want to do tonight is fine, my parents told me to tell you.” I said as I got to the bottom of the staircase.
“Great.” Then Jamie turned to her brother. “Ooohh, you two kids have fun tonight,” she said jokingly. Mike shoved her arm gently, mumbling something like, shut up.
Then he turned to me. ‘You ready?” I was having a hard time being cool in front of his sister.
“Yup. Let’s go.” I grabbed my coat and knelt down to my sister. “Have a good night Nads.” I kissed her head and stood up and smiled at Mike.
After we left the house and got into his car, I finally asked what we were going to do.
“I thought maybe we could go grab a burger and then maybe a movie?” He said, turning to me, looking deeply into my eyes.
“That sounds great,” I said, staring back into his eyes. I probably would have said yes to digging around in manure at that point if he kept looking at me that way.
We made our way to a diner and got some burgers and fries, entertaining ourselves by people watching and making fun of various things people did and ordered. Dinner ended up being a lot of fun.
“So what movie should we go see?” I asked. “I don’t even know what is playing!”
“Uh, well, let’s see.” We talked about it and decided on going to see the cheesy romantic comedy that was playing. Secretly I think Mike actually wanted to see it but was pretending to be all macho.
We made our way to the theater and got seats. I noticed that Mike tried to be subtle and flip up the armrest that was in between us.
He is so cute…” I thought for the millionth time that night, but didn’t slide over toward him immediately. About 20 minutes into the movie I felt his arm slide around my shoulders and gently pull me towards him. I glanced up at him and saw him smiling down at me. I returned the smile and snuggled closer to him. “It’s like we fit perfectly…” I thought, noticing how comfortable it felt to be so close to him.
When the movie was over, we reluctantly stood up, not quite ready to be apart. Without saying anything, Mike took my hand and we walked out of the theater. Despite being the end of January, it was an unusually warm night so we walked over to a park that was near the theater and sat down on a bench in silence.
Hormones were raging through my body and all I could think of was kissing him and snuggling up close to him. But, I kept my distance, not wanting to make a fool out of myself again. Instead, I dared to let myself sit close to him and rest my head on his shoulder.
“I had a great time tonight.” I said softly. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him look over at me. “Thanks for everything, Mike. I really am glad I met you.”
“Me too.”
I shut my eyes for a brief second to savor this moment, one of the nicest I ever had with a guy. All of the boys I dated were all my age and just wanted to get into my pants. It was nice to just sit here and have a quiet moment for once. Suddenly, I felt a sensation on my lips. “He’s kissing me!” I thought to myself and opened my eyes. Mike pulled back and looked at me for a second. Slowly, I smiled.
Mike took this as his cue to lean in again and this time I was ready. Our lips met and we shared a slow, gentle kiss, then another and another. Our kisses grew deeper and he put his arms around me to pull me closer.
Suddenly Mike stood up and pulled me up from the bench. There was no snow on the ground, and as I mentioned, it was an usually warm night so Mike led me over to a secluded patch of grass. We sat down and looked at each other for a minute before our lips found each other once more. I gently pushed him backwards until I was practically lying on top of him.
After making out for a little longer, I felt my hands take over and do what they normally did when I was with one of my boy toys.

Mike’s POV
“I love the feel of her,” Mike thought as he continued to hug Sydney close. He didn’t mind that she was practically on top of him because he just wanted to be near her. Suddenly he felt the zipper to his pants pull down and her hand snaked its way into his boxers. He gasped and pulled back.
“Syd…” Mike started to say and she recoiled in horror.
“Oh, god. Oh, god. Oh, god. I’m sorry Mike. I am so stupid. I don’t know what is wrong with me,” Sydney said, standing up. He watched her turn and walk away.
“Wait, Syd! Wait!” Mike quickly fixed his pants and jogged to catch her.
He caught up to her and grabbed her arm to prevent her from walking further.
“What do you want, Mike? You shouldn’t be near me. I am like poison to you,” she said, voice trembling. “I am so profoundly screwed up.”
Mike put his hands on her shoulders and stared into her eyes. “Syd…you just don’t have to grow up so fast.” He paused for a second. “I’m not going anywhere. We don’t need to rush anything…”
“Just take me home…” she said with a defeated voice.

The ride back home was silent. It was official…I was just too messed up. I didn’t know if Mike was just mad, disgusted or didn’t know what to say.
When we arrived at my house, I jumped out of the car and went inside before Mike could say anything. I gave Jamie the money my parents left and locked the door behind her puzzled face.
I went upstairs, checked on Nadia and saw she was sound asleep, and collapsed on my bed, sobbing into my pillow.
I must have fallen asleep because I woke up the next morning still dressed in the clothes I wore the night before. I felt sick at the thought that I may have screwed things up with Mike permanently. I decided I was going to go down to the youth center today and talk to one of the other peer leaders because Mike told me he doesn’t go in on Sundays. It was finally time for me to tell my story.
After some brunch and a shower, I told my parents I was going out and left for the center. When I got there I went inside and found that the one of the peer leaders was Dale, a girl the same age as Mike. I knocked on the door to where she was sitting.
Dale looked up. “Hey Sydney. What’s going on?” She asked with a sweet smile.
I took a deep breath. “Can we…can I talk to you?”
“Of course. Why don’t you sit down,” Dale gestured to one of the chairs. I plopped down and sat for a moment.
“I am so screwed up, I can’t even deal with it and now I am ruining good things in my life,” I burst out and started sobbing at the same time. Dale looked shocked.
“Sydney…” she said and came over to me. She put an arm around me and handed me a tissue. “Why don’t you start from the beginning?”
I nodded and wiped some tears off my face. Slowly I began to tell Dale about my life and the things I used to do with my friends. Dale just sat and listened patiently, as I poured out my story.

Mike’s POV
Mike was restless. His homework was done, he wasn’t working a shift at Joey’s Pizza today and he was bothered by how things ended with Sydney the night before. He decided to go down to the center to putz around to pass the time.
When he got to the center he heard two people talking, well, one was talking and one was sobbing, in one of the rooms. He checked the schedule and saw that Dale was there today, so he decided to go see if she needed help with the girl she was talking to. However, as he got closer to the room where Dale was, he recognized the voice…
…and my friends and I would smoke pot and drink. We’ve been doing this since sometime in seventh grade…lost my virginity in seventh grade too…totally regret a lot…met a great guy but screwed up that because it’s like I don’t know how to be a normal teenager anymore…my friends all hate me now…
Mike realized it was Sydney. Part of him felt like he was intruding by listening to what she told Dale, yet he felt like he needed to know her past. And he was incredibly proud of her for finally letting go and talking about her life. After listening for a little longer, he understood Sydney a lot better and he still felt incredibly drawn to her. He moved away from the room she was in and hung out down the hall.

After a half hour of sobbing to Dale, I finally stopped and looked up, expecting to see her staring at my in disgust. Instead, I saw her smiling.
“Sydney, I am really happy you let all of that go,” she said. “You might not believe this, but I was a lot like you a few years ago, and look at where I am now.”
Dale went on to tell me how she almost ruined her life at the age of 14 and how it took about a year for her to change her habits and make new friends but it happened.
I felt a lot better when Dale was done. She stood up and hugged me. “Thank you for coming in Sydney. Please call me whenever. If you just need to talk, if you want to go hang out, I am here for you. I promise. We can go shopping, or to a movie…whatever.” Dale walked me to the office doorway with an arm on my back.
“Thank you so much.” I smiled. “I do feel a lot better.”
“Good. So we’ll see you sometime this week in here?”
“Definitely.” I smiled again and went to leave the center. Halfway down the hall I realized someone was sitting in one of the chairs by the door. Mike. I sighed, wondering why he was here. I saw he was staring at me intently.
“Please don’t tell me you really are stalking me…”
Mike smiled. “Nope. I was bored so I decided to come hang out with Dale…”
I gasped. “How much did you hear?” I said, realizing he probably heard my story.
“Enough.”
I looked down in shame. Mike took my hands and pulled me down onto his lap and wrapped his arms around me. I felt too defeated to care, so I didn’t struggle.
“Sydney…” he said in a low voice in my ear. “I am so incredibly proud of what you did today. Once you take the first step, everything slowly gets better. And that is what you did today.”
“But the things I’ve done…how can you look at me? I’m like…ruined.”
“No you are not Sydney. That was your past.” He held me closer to him and whispered in my ear. “And I want to be your future.” He gently kissed my cheek. “Come on.”
Mike took my hand and we left the center. We walked to his car and got inside. Mike then turned to me. “Sydney, it’s no secret. I really like you. I want to spend more time with you. I don’t care who you were and what you did last week. I know you want to change and today proved it. And I want to be here to help you through everything. Like I said last night…I’m not going anywhere so we don’t need to rush things.” He put his hand on mine. “Okay?”
Tears were falling from my eyes. I felt his thumb gently brush some away. I looked up and smiled at him. “I don’t know what I did to deserve you.”
Mike smiled and leaned over to give me a soft kiss. I returned the kiss and leaned back, smiling. Today was a new day.

The next few months flew by. I became friends with Francie due to the center and we started hanging out in school together as well, much to the chagrin of my old friends. I learned she was a pretty cool girl and we had tons of fun together.
Mike and I went to the center a few times a week and I spent a large portion of my weekends with him, and sometimes with both him and Nadia, who he got along great with. He introduced me to his best friend Eric who apologized for calling me a bitch. I looked at Mike when he said that and Mike essentially told me to ignore him. I even spent a lot of time at the Vaughn household, which was a little weird since his mom was my teacher. Jamie warmed up to me and we became friends as well. Things were going well all around, and I was finally learning to be happier with myself.
April came around and I was excited to be turning 14. I grew used to the fact that my old friends would congregate and stare at me constantly. I hadn’t talked to any of them since January unless I had to in class.
As it grew closer to my birthday, I had an odd sense of dread but I ignored it. I was probably just being paranoid.
Then, a few days before my birthday, I got up and went to school as usual. I bypassed my old group of friends as usual, and watched them turn to whisper about me, as usual. In homeroom I went up to the front to ask Mrs. Vaughn a question about my English homework and stayed to have a small conversation with her. It was definitely weird knowing your teacher outside of school too, but she was really a great mom to Mike and Jamie, and really nice to me.
All of a sudden Jill came over to where I was chatting with Mrs. Vaughn, handed me a piece of paper and walked away.
“Excuse me…” I said to Mrs. Vaughn and stepped away to read the paper. “Hey…I feel bad about the past few months. We should talk. Bathroom, 12:30?” I glanced up feeling conflicted. Part of me was excited that my ex-best friend wanted to talk but part of me was wary about being sucked into that life again. I decided it couldn’t hurt to see what she wanted so I nodded to her before the bell rang and she left for class.
Lunch came around so I went up to the bathroom at 12:30. As I got closer to the bathroom, I smelled a familiar scent. “They’ve GOT to be kidding… smoking up IN SCHOOL?!” Part of me wanted to turn around and walk away but I kept going. I stepped into the bathroom, choking on the fumes. “Jill?” I didn’t get an answer. I checked the stalls but no one was in here. As I turned around to leave the bathroom, the principal walked in.
“Okay, Miss Bristow. This is the third time I’ve caught you in this bathroom when it smelled like nicotine or marijuana. You are coming with me.”

TBC

OUCH... D*** that was cold, I can't believe they set her up like that... This is not good, and she was doing so well... Oh well Syd you can make it through this just hang in there!! :smiley: Great update, can't wait for the next chapter

Jill's a bitch. She's framing Sydney, isn't she? She's such a bitch!

Thanks for the PM! Hope you update soon, so I don't miss it when I go out of town. :D

~Anja

I probably would have said yes to digging around in manure at that point if he kept looking at me that way.

ha ha

I hope Syd can get out of this trouble! And I hope Vaughn doesn't think she really did it.

I'm not really sure whats going on with the PM's - I know there was a problem before but it seems to have been fixed, although I read that there were some other users having issues - but I seem to get your PM's just fine (thankfully)

I love this story. I think you're doing a great job with it.

awww no she better not get in trouble. she doesn't deserve it. hopefully vaughn will believe her. can't wait for more :smiley:

awwwwwwwwww poor syd
i hope vaughns mum sticks up for her
evil ppl
please update soon
thanks for the pm

luv Chicketepee :seehearspeak:

Jill's a bitch. She's framing Sydney, isn't she? She's such a bitch!

LOL LOL.

Great update.. those so called "friends" of Syd's are b...hes..

LOL LOL :lol:

thats so mean
i officaly hate jill

hahaha! tee hee.. LOVE the reactions from you all! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love this story. I think you're doing a great job with it.
Thank you so much!

Only 1 more update guys.... :Ph34r:

i hate those girls...syd is just trying to straighten out her life....
i'm glad she talked to dale!!
their date was soooo good...until syd stuck her hand down michael's pants....
i'm glad they are together though!!!
great chapter
thanks for the pm
shelley :blush:

Back