Save Me

Syds just scared of geting to attached ... that was great ... love that Michael tries soo hard ... poor Michael just wants to help ... awww they both said ILY to each other ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

Sydney sighed slightly as she made her way to the shower, unable to get the fact that he looked entirely sexy with a day’s worth of stubble on his face out of her mind.
totally true.

they love each other!!!!!!

Syd almost blew it big time and got what she feared the most- the loss of another person she loves. Thank God she came to her senses and pleaded with him to give her another chance. I think she'll work harder to make this relatinship work.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Aww, i'm glad they finally admitted that they loved each other. This is a really good story. I don't want to see it end.

thanx for the pm. Update soon

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
That chapter was sooooo cute!!
I'm glad Michael stayed and I hope now they can work things out.
Seriously only 2 more chaps and the epilogue?!?!?!? Nooooooooooo
Thanx fort he pm
Update soon

i'm so fweakin' confused... are they still labelling their relationship as "friends" or "more than friends"

:Ponder:

*shrugs* who cares? in that chapter we got:
1) s/v in the same bed
2) thoughts of love
3) confessions of love
4) kisses
5) fights
6) making up

what more do we want in a chappy? :woot:

luv juju :harp:

ridiculously long chapter :lol:

Chapter 9
Sydney knew that she had to change or risk loosing Michael forever, which was not an option. She really loved him more than she had loved anyone in her life. She needed him; she needed to change for him. She had to change for him. She would change for him.

She started out slow, just talking with him more about her feelings and opinions on things or stealing kisses here and there. At first, it was really difficult for her but the more she did it the easier it was and it soon became just... natural.

“Good evening, my lady.” Michael grinned when Sydney opened up her door. He was dressed in a black suit with a white button up shirt and red tie and he was holding a long stemmed red rose.

“Good evening to you too.” Sydney giggled. “What is the special occasion?”

“Well, tonight is the four month anniversary since our first date so I figured that we’d do something special.” He smiled.

“Four months, huh?” She giggled as he tapped her nose gently with the rose when she took it from him.

“Yes.” He smiled. “Four months since I fell in love with that wonderful laugh of yours.”

“This laugh?” She giggled.

“Yep, now come on we’ve got reservations.” He smiled as he slid an arm around her waist.

“So Mr. Vaughn, did you really fall in love with me that night on the beach?” She smiled at him.

“Ummm I don’t think I can specifically pinpoint a time but that night on the beach I was in pretty deep already, I know.” He grinned. “What about you?”

“That night I woke up on the couch with you.” She sighed.

“Ah yes.” He nodded knowingly. “That was a good one.”

“Yeah,” She sighed as she buried her face in his neck as they rode down the elevator. “Michael? Stay over tonight.”

Michael tense, unsure of what she meant by that. “Syd I-”

“No, not that. I don’t think I’m quite ready for that yet... I just want to wake up in your arms.” She sighed as she kissed his jaw lightly.

“I want that too, more than anything.” He sighed as well.

~*~

“Oh my god!” Sydney was laughing so hard she could barely stand up straight. “Did you see the look on that lady’s face when that waiter dumped the whole pie on her?!”

“Yes.” Michael laughed as well. “I think I actually saw smoke coming from her ears she was so furious.”

“I know. Oh my god I don’t think I’ve had so much fun at a restaurant in a long time.” She said as she tried to catch her breath and wipe the tears from her eyes. “Damn I can’t see.” She said as she fumbled with her keys.

“Let me.” Michael said as he took the keys from her and unlocked her door.

“You know, I should give you one.” Sydney sighed as she took off her wrap and placed it neatly on a chair.

“One what?” He asked as he began to loosen his tie.

“A key to my apartment.” She said.

Michael looked up at her in surprise. “Really?”

“Sure.” She shrugged. “You’re here like all the time and you look so sad and pathetic hanging outside that door.” She smiled. “What?” She added when she caught a glimpse of his expression.

“Nothing.” He shook his head. “I just love you, that’s all.”

“I love you too.” She said as she walked over and kissed him sweetly. “Let’s go to bed.”

“Wait, wait, wait.” He smiled as he pulled her back into a deeper, more passionate kiss. “Mmm okay we can go to bed now.” He grinned once their kiss broke.

“Hold on.” She smiled as she pulled him back into another searing kiss. “Okay... we should stop now.”

“Yeah.” Michael agreed breathlessly.

A few minutes later they were both snuggled together in Sydney’s bed drifting off into a peaceful sleep.

~*~

Michael was shocked awake by the bed shaking slightly. Sydney was beside him sobbing violently, her whole body trembling. “Syd, baby, what’s wrong?” He whispered as he wrapped his arms around her tightly.

“I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to wake you.” She sniffed.

“It’s fine... what happened? Are you sick?” He asked.

“No... I just... sometimes I have dreams...”

“What kind of dreams?” he asked cautiously.

“Sometimes... its flashbacks to their deaths... but this one... this... it....” She said as she continued to sob harder.

“Shh baby it’s ok.” He said soothingly as he stroked her arms and back.

“You were dead.” She blurted out. “You died... you were gone and I ... I was...”

“Shh, shh its ok Syd. I’m here, I’m not going anywhere.” He told her.

“I know but...” She whimpered.

“No buts.” He said as he pulled her tightly up against his body and held her until she fell asleep.

~*~

“Hey.” Sydney sighed when she woke up the next morning and found Michael watching her.

“Hey.” He sighed back.

“I’m sorry about last night...” She sighed.

“Don’t be. It’s alright.” He smiled.

“You’re too good you know that?”

“Nah...” He smiled. She giggled. “Hey listen, tomorrow my brother is having a barbeque to celebrate his engagement and my whole crazy family is going. So if you want to go....”

“You want me to go?” She smiled.

“Sure, I’d love it if you went. Of course you’ll have to beware of my insane family....” He sighed.

“Oh I’ve heard about them.” She giggled, recalling all of Michael’s explanations about his family. His oldest brother, Todd was married to Becky and they had twin boys. The second oldest brother Brian, wasn’t married. Then next oldest brother, Adam, was (ironically enough) married to a woman named Eve and the final brother, who was just a year older than Michael, was also unmarried. “So who’s engagement is it – Brian or Steve?”

“You remember their names?”

“Sure.” She smiled.

“Well it’s Steve and his fiancée’s name is Megan. We don’t think Brian will ever get married.” He sighed.

“Aww why?”

“Well... for years we’ve had a suspicion that he... bats for the other team if you get my drift, but he won’t admit it to anyone.”

“Oh no.” Sydney laughed.

“Yeah well... you wanna come?”

“Absolutely.” She grinned.

~*~

The next day when Michael was driving Sydney to his brother’s house he noticed that she was fidgeting nervously with her seatbelt. “What’s wrong?”

“Oh nothing...” She sighed. “I just hope they like me.”

“They’re going to love you.” He grinned.

“How do you know?”

“Because I love you.”

~*~

“Hey everyone” Michael grinned as he walked into his brother’s back yard, holding Sydney’s hand. There was a loud chorus of ‘Hey Mike’ that when through the group of people. “This is Sydney.”

“Hi.” Sydney smiled nervously as she looked around the group of people. The first thing she noticed about Michael’s family that all four of his brother’s had the same piercing green eyes as he did. They each took turns introducing themselves and their wives/fiancée/children before Sydney finally reached Michael’s parents at the end of the line of introductions.

“Hello Sydney, I’m Amelia. It’s lovely to meet you.” Michael’s mother smiled.

“And I’m Bill.” His father added.

“Nice to meet you both.” Sydney mumbled shyly.

“Come Syd let’s get a drink.” Michael said as he pulled her towards the cooler up against the garage. “You ok?” He whispered to her.

“Yeah I’m fine.” She smiled.

“Sorry I know they’re overwhelming.” He said as he handed her a beer.

“It’s ok, really.” She said truthfully. The truth was she was glad to finally be involved in this part of Michael’s life, even though it was slightly overwhelming being introduced to eleven new people at once.

It was only a few minutes before they all sat down at a large picnic table and began to pass around burgers and hot dogs.
“So it’s been a while since our little Mikey’s brought home a girl... how long was it? Four years?” Todd, his oldest brother said.

“Yeah that ugly chick, what was her name?” Adam asked.

“She wasn’t ugly, just different.” Becky tried to defend her.

“Yeah because having a second nose on the side of your face is ‘just different’.” Todd snorted. Becky smacked her husband’s shoulder and he whined.

“They’re kidding.” Michael told Sydney, who was looking rather horrified. “They like to pick on me because I’m the youngest.” Sydney smiled and nodded knowingly.

“Aww we don’t pick on you Mikey.” Steve said. Michael glared at his brother. “Ok, we do, but we only do it because we care.” He grinned.

Amelia laughed at her sons. “Do you have any siblings Sydney?” Michael quickly shot his mother a silencing glance but she just looked confused.

“I had a sister, but she passed away.” Sydney said quietly.

“Oh I’m terribly sorry.” Amelia said, sounding embarrassed.

“It’s ok.” Sydney assured her. Michael mentally cursed himself for not calling ahead and warning everyone not to mention Sydney’s family at all, but he could only hope they didn’t bring it up again.

“So, Sydney, what do you do?” Eve asked.

“I work in corporate law. I do research and stuff for cases.” Sydney said.

“Oh that sounds interesting.” Eve smiled.

“It can be.” Sydney laughed.

“Hey you guys remember that time Mom and Dad were having that patio party and we made Mikey-”

“NO! Not that story!” Michael cut him off.

“What happened?” Sydney encouraged. Michael looked humiliated and just stared down at his plate.

“Well,” Brian began. “I was bout ten and Todd was twelve but Mikey was only... what was he?”

“Four.” Their mother chimed in.

“Right four.” Brian continued. “And Mom and Dad were having this big patio party with all their friends from work and it was this really hot summer day and we were all bored and stuff so Mom said we could play with the hose as long as we stayed in the front yard away from all the guests.”

“So we all changed into our bathing suits and none of us really wanted to play with Mikey but Mom said we had to.” Todd said in an annoyed tone. Everyone laughed slightly. “So Brian and I got this idea that we’d talk Mike into taking off his swimming trunks and running through the back yard where all the guests were by bribing him with candy.” Todd said as he began to laugh.

“So he did it.” Brian laughed. “And he climbed up on the picnic table, totally naked and-”

“STOP!” Michael hissed.

“And this lady fainted at the sight of him.” Brian snorted. “Oh man it was great... until we got busted.”

“Aww.” Sydney said as she squeezed Michael’s hand. She couldn’t help but laugh a little harder at the bright red color of his face.

“Yes, thanks I hate you all.” Michael grunted.

“Poor, poor Mikey.” Todd smirked.

Their conversation continued with more childhood stories about Michael until he was mortified beyond description and actually had to leave the table. Sydney felt so bad for him and his brother’s took that as a sign to stop so they started turning on Steve, since it was his engagement party. Finally, Michael returned to the table and gave a little toast about his older brother getting married.

“Ok let’s play. I’m so full its sick.” Todd said with a belch which his wife scolded him for and his son’s cheered for.

“Play?” Sydney asked.

“Two on two basketball in the driveway.” Michael explained quietly.

“But there are five of you...”

“Brian referees.” Michael rolled his eyes. Sydney laughed as he got up and kissed her forehead before disappearing with his brothers.

“Mommy! I want to play too!” One of Todd and Becky’s sons whined.

“Me too!” His twin chimed.

“Why don’t you guys go get your soccer ball?” Becky suggested.

“Okay. Auntie Eve will you play with us?” One of them asked.

“Oh I’d love to but I can’t sweetie.” Eve sighed as she rubbed her six month pregnant belly.

“Will you play with us?” They asked as they turned to Sydney.

“Oh Sydney doesn’t want to-”

“No it’s ok.” Sydney smiled. “I used to play soccer when I was younger.” She smiled at them.

“YAY!” They cheered as they ran off to get their soccer ball.

“Thanks for doing this.” Becky said.

“No problem.” Sydney smiled.

“So, how long have you been dating Michael anyway?” She asked.

“Four months.” Sydney smiled. “He lives across the hall from me and he always asked me out in the elevator....”

“Persistently?” Becky asked.

“Yes.” Sydney laughed.

“Yeah that’s our Mike.” She laughed.

“Yeah... so I agreed to go out with him...”

“To get him to shut up.” Becky chimed in.

“Yes.” Sydney laughed. “And then...” She just smiled as she let her voice drift off.

“That’s sweet.” Becky smiled. “Todd and I were high school sweethearts so... I’ve been around for a while now.”

“Oh that’s nice.” Sydney smiled.

“Yeah it is. I know they’re a lot to get used to at first but they’re good people.”

“I know, I can tell.” She said.

~*~

“So Mike, what’s with you and this chick?” Steve asked.

“What do you mean?” Michael asked.

“Oh come on. How long have you been with her?” Brian asked.

“Four months.” He said. “She’s just...”

“Ah I know that look.” Todd smiled. “Our wittle Mikey’s in wub.”

“Shut up Todd.” Michael said as he passed his brother the ball rather violently.

“Oh my god he is!” Adam exclaimed. “Awwww.”

“Stop it.” Michael hissed.

“No, we’re sorry. It’s good Mike, really good.” Brian smiled.

“Yep... we’re all going to be married now... well except Brian.” Todd smirked.

“Shut up ***hole and keep playing.” Brian grunted.

~*~

“So Sydney, have you taken Michael to meet your parents?” Amelia smiled.

“Actually, my parents passed away when I was 16.” Sydney said.

“Oh goodness, I’m sorry. I’m just making a horrible conversationalist today aren’t I.” Amelia sighed.

“It’s fine really.” Sydney smiled.

“WOO HOO!” Steve chanted when he and his brothers returned from the driveway looking much sweatier. “We kicked ass!”

“Yep, marriage has made you two soft.” Michael grinned.

“Yeah, Yeah.” Adam and Todd grumbled.

“Congratulations.” Sydney giggled at Michael.

“Ohh don’t touch me I’m gross.” He said as he stepped back from her when she went to hug him. “I’ll go change and be back in a few.” Sydney nodded and then turned her attention to Todd who was chasing his son’s around the back yard.

“Keep in mind, its like having three boys.” Becky laughed to Sydney.

“I can see that.” Sydney smiled. “But it’s nice.”

“Yeah. It is.”

~*~

“So did you have a horrible time today?” Michael asked as they were driving home.”

“No, I had a wonderful time.” She smiled.

“Good so my brother’s stories didn’t make you want to break up with me?” He laughed half seriously.

“No, they made me love you even more.” She told him.

“That’s good Bristow, very good.”

PM LIST
luckylass
SydVaughn1001
sydney_alias_vaughn
Syd_Vaughn 4ver
luckylass
gregstar
sydneymicheal
syd26
alias=mylife26
ALiAs*syd&vaughn*