School Rants

M

mystery_chick

You know what I really would need this thread ... often. :Ph34r: So ya. Let it all go here. Only school related rants please :smiley: No double/Triple/Quadruple posting. Let it all go in ONE post.

--Mandy :angelic:

I think I'll be using this one fairly often!

For example, today we got a geometry test back and there were these ones when we had to list the shapes that had any one of a given property. On 4 of them, I forgot to list half of them. And he takes full credit off! Jeez, I thought he was a math teacher! If they get 1/2 of the question right, they get 1/2 credit for the question!!! AHHHH!!!! And then my bio teacher assigns us a seriously (sorry for saying this) retarded project. We have to give biology lyrics to a well-known song, and then we have to perform it infront of the entire bio class! Since when does musical quality earn you a grade in biology class!!! When I first saw the paper, I was like :wtf:? And then she explained it and I was still :wtf:? But this time I just tagged "is wrong with you?" to the end of the acronym ;)

I was so angry at my teachers .....:censored:

Okay...
Well I'm behind on my Science, Sociology, Languages, Maths, English, PSHE, RE, Citizenship, Food Tech work. All the teachers hate me with a vengence:
Science1, she just goes on and on and on at me...
Science2, He hates me for some unknown reason. Constantly with the picking and whatever.
Sociology, He called my mum up. Just 'cause I hadn't done one paragraph of something. Dammit.
Languages, They hate me 'cause I'm lazy and gonna fail.
Maths,He just hates me 'cause I don't work sometimes. He always sends me out of the class. No-one else. Just me.
PSHE,She hates me 'cause I'm me.
RE, Clash of personalities
Food Tech work, She has a general vendetta against our class.

I want to work at my own damn pace!

Just let me!

Jai

m<o>j said:
Okay...
Well I'm behind on my Science, Sociology, Languages, Maths, English, PSHE, RE, Citizenship, Food Tech work. All the teachers hate me with a vengence:
Science1, she just goes on and on and on at me...
Science2, He hates me for some unknown reason. Constantly with the picking and whatever.
Sociology, He called my mum up. Just 'cause I hadn't done one paragraph of something. Dammit.
Languages, They hate me 'cause I'm lazy and gonna fail.
Maths,He just hates me 'cause I don't work sometimes. He always sends me out of the class. No-one else. Just me.
PSHE,She hates me 'cause I'm me.
RE, Clash of personalities
Food Tech work, She has a general vendetta against our class.

I want to work at my own damn pace!

Just let me!

Jai
[post="1100645"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

All of your teachers hate you don't they? :lol:
--mandy :angelic:

:lol: Let me add my rants.

I'm failing school. Or at least it feels like it. I got a 85% on my English assignment. :hmm: that just went on our report card. :hmm: I did very poorly on my bio quiz last week. Bad enough that it brough down my mark by about 1.5 percent :thud: and I have a 74 in Physics :thud: *dies* So ya. Not a very good day for me. :depressed:

OK Another rant, this time homework.

Bio = Take notes on this horrendously boring/long chapter in our huuuge bio books on the history of DNA (do I give an effin care?)

Math = Normal workload, just sucks cuz I have lots of other hw

Social Studies = Easy study questions, project

English = Read 47 pages of a book we just got today

I HATE MONDAYS!!!

hey at least you get to read 47 pages :P

and you can give an effing care. you can not effing care but... ya. :mellow:

:P

lol, sorry for the syntax error Mandy...lol

We get 'progress reports' next week, lol, if they don't have them in canada, they are basically a way to break it to your parents that you are failing, before your report card.

Chemistry - I had a heart attack when I found out I didn't do my collateral...and well I sort of faked an excuse of like misplacing it...and well it mysteriously popped out of no where by the end of the day...I got to spend my lunch time rushing to write a two page paper on Chlorine and then made this index card thingy.

English - right after chem...so I'm like in a state of panic...and Mr. Babstock wouldn't call on me for this discussion we were having...and I soooo nailed the question...but he kept ignoring my hand

French - colleral presentations...easy as pie

Lunch - collateral crunch time!

Latin - mmm...latin! ;)

Math - math was math...it was boring

Health - we had a pop quiz...it was based on our guest speaker on thrusday...the boob lady -- she talked about breast cancer. and it was easy as pie.

that concluded my day...mondays are the best...except for forgetting like that collateral...it was pretty good. ;)

I shall rant now...because we get report cards like next week...and well...I'll be lectured to the brink of insanity about my grades. :( So one sort of crashed on their languages this year...Spanish use to be a powerhouse in boosting my grade...and well...it started out that way...until he decided to teach weird and have every test be based on demonstratives...that I don't understand. Not to mention...my latin grade (it was good...until the test b4 the last one...and the last one was mediocre) and french (uhhhh...if I didn't have quizzes I would have like a 95 average...but I somehow got like a few grades below a 60...o_0...my french...let's just say it's more spanish and how Marlene thinks french can sound)...heh...AP Euro is just hell. Math is math...I'd expect atleast a 90. I am just concerned about languages.

UncoveringAlias said:
lol, sorry for the syntax error Mandy...lol

We get 'progress reports' next week, lol, if they don't have them in canada, they are basically a way to break it to your parents that you are failing, before your report card.
[post="1100693"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol: our progress report was ... a month and a half ago :lol: so ya. Not that I showed my parents or anything heh :heh:

svfan4ever said:
Not sure yet. But I'm pretty sure next week or this week because the marking period ended last friday 🇳🇴
[post="1100694"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

same here. Marks went in at 9am this morning :thud: I know that I have a 74 in Physic (OMFG I"m gonna die! :thud: ) and a 93 in Bio (It dropped 2 freaking percent after a stuipd freaking quiz!!! :thud: ) Everything else is still in the blues :thud:

Mandy, do you guys have Quarter or Trimesters? Cuz if you had Tris, that would account for us being so far ahead, because we've already had one report card, cuz our marking periods are shorter ;)

UncoveringAlias said:
Mandy, do you guys have Quarter or Trimesters? Cuz if you had Tris, that would account for us being so far ahead, because we've already had one report card, cuz our marking periods are shorter ;)
[post="1100793"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
We go in halves. One half is one semester :blink: but we get report cards three times a year. But then our school is half semestered and half full year. It's a really messed up thing and if i explain it, you probably would be like :blink: :lol: Basically all enriched courses are full year, Acedemic classes like Math and English are full year. Music is full year, Classess like Accounting, Law and food and nutrition are semestered (half year, double periods) so we have progress report (hand written report by teachers. We bring a form with us and have the teachers fill them in) which is once a year. Then we have semestered report cards and then we have full year AND semestered report cards and then we have another semestered report card, another full year and semestered report card, another semestered report card and a final report card on everything after all of the exams. Confused yet? :lol:

I have a short but sweet rant.

The National Honor society requires a 3.8 for juniors and a 3.7 for seniors to join at my school. Now, the school district wants to lower it to 3.0 for the school to "Improve diversity". Bulls***. I don't see the school trying to improve diversity in the Black Student Union, or on the Basketball team.

AliasHombre said:
I have a short but sweet rant.

The National Honor society requires a 3.8 for juniors and a 3.7 for seniors to join at my school.  Now, the school district wants to lower it to 3.0 for the school to "Improve diversity".  Bulls***.  I don't see the school trying to improve diversity in the Black Student Union, or on the Basketball team.
[post="1100830"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Ya. that is very BS :lol: why make the school stupider? :rolleyes:

mystery_chick said:
Ya. that is very BS :lol: why make the school stupider? :rolleyes:
[post="1100833"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Its not that, its becasue if they lower it, there would be almost a thousand people eligible to be in NHS.

but then again, im eligible to apply and i never did. :lol:

AliasHombre said:
Its not that, its becasue if they lower it, there would be almost a thousand people eligible to be in NHS. 

but then again, im eligible to apply and i never did. :lol:
[post="1100837"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
and what exactly is the NHS? :confused:

Back