Politics School Safety

What do you think about your school safety? How do you think it could improve? Has anything dangerous occured at your school? Just post any general feelings relating to school safety here...do you think locker searches infringe upon a student's right, or help make the school safer?

At my school, there was a bomb scare, but it turned out to be a Senior's prank...not very funny for him when the cops took him away in handcuffs because they took everyone to the gym field and called the bomb squad in. My school had a lockdown last year after somebody the cops were chasing came onto our campus...the lockdown lasted until from about 2:00/3:00(it was sometime during 6th period) - 6:00pm...and there was a stabbing (i dont think it was major tho) in the Circle Area (area in the middle of our school)...a couple weapons (just knives) found in peoples cars/lockers...

anyways, our school's cutting back on security because the district's cutting back on it i think...

And I think locker searches are ok, since the lockers are the school's property...and ya never know, you could find a gun in there or something...

so...what are your thought on this subject?

nance, siri, and i are going to start a bomb legion and bomb are schools.
lol that's not serious though ... we're just being silly!

ummm honestly my school is fine, sometimes kids steal calculators from other kids and most of the guys smoke in the bathrooms and some girls too i don't really care because i'm not into that stuff, and i carry my (expensive) calculator with me all the time. our lockers have really good locks, however you can do the phone thing that sydney did in the ep where she stole the necklace -- can you believe it? i actually brought a phone like that to school and tried it LMAO! (i told my mom i had a presentation that required a phone and i had to get to school early [so no one would see me or suspect nething] to work on the project!) :lol:

I think our school is ok, but one of our other local highschools has been in the news alot lately. They supposedly have a suicide club there, and it really freaks me out, because there's no way to prevent that sort of thing. In general though, I think my school does a good job. They follow up every complaint or suspicion, no matter how miniscule or insignificant it might seem. But we don't have any metal detectors or searches for weapons before we go into school, so if somebody wanted to bring a weapon, they could do so very easily.

Alias_Girl_624 said:
nance and i are going to start a bomb legion and bomb are schools.

ummm honestly my school is fine, sometimes kids steal calculators from other kids and most of the guys smoke in the bathrooms and some girls too i don't really care because i'm not into that stuff, and i carry my (expensive) calculator with me all the time. our lockers have really good locks, however you can do the phone thing that sydney did in the ep where she stole the necklace -- can you believe it? i actually brought a phone like that to school and tried it LMAO! (i told my mom i had a presentation that required a phone and i had to get to school early [so no one would see me or suspect nething] to work on the project!) :lol:
*cough* what about meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee? :lol:

my school is pretty safe... well it is a private school ^_^ we have emergency procedures and stuff but no locker searches :thinking:

SiriCerasi said:
Alias_Girl_624 said:
nance, siri, and i are going to start a bomb legion and bomb are schools.
*cough* what about meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee? :lol:
i edited it siri!!! :smiley: you are for sure part of our legion!!!

lol me and my friends got caught talking about bombing the school (we were joking around) and we had to serve detention until like 6:00 :lol: it was actually really fun, we were all playing syd and trying to think of a way out of there! haha we actually did get out but we stayed there because we didn't want another detention. :smiley:

My school is quite small, all-girls, and completely safe. The faculty enforce rules and take any safety problems serious but fortunately they don't constantly remind us of these rules. And thankfully they choose girls who are harmless.

A great book to read on school safety is After by Francine Prose. It's a non-fiction book that describes how extreme keeping a school safe can go.

In NYC you get this blue booklet with really stupid rules in them. Ironically I'be done like 25% of the stuff at various levels of offenses. (Not always intentionally) And I've still haven't been reprimanded. Probably because I wasn't caugh. ^_^ Then we have rules from the lovely thhs administration. Flip Flops are illegal...come summer I'll have plenty of referals... :angry:

Marlene said:
In NYC you get this blue booklet with really stupid rules in them. Ironically I'be done like 25% of the stuff at various levels of offenses. (Not always intentionally) And I've still haven't been reprimanded. Probably because I wasn't caugh. ^_^ Then we have rules from the lovely thhs administration. Flip Flops are illegal...come summer I'll have plenty of referals... :angry:
wow...no flip flops...i think that's a rule at my school too, but the administator's dont enforce it so everyone wears them

to be honest.....we dont have any measures taken here. Well yea when there is a fire and such general things.

For the rest its nice and quiet school here, not much up here though to worry about.

marco said:
to be honest.....we dont have any measures taken here. Well yea when there is a fire and such general things.

For the rest its nice and quiet school here, not much up here though to worry about.
haha...tell me, my school's not the only one where the fire alarm rings several times a day is it? It is so out of control, we'd never know when it was a real fire

k there was a fire at my school and it's burnt down the whole of the science block, technology and music!! so now we have to go to dofferent school and study at home 4 3 weeks!!!! wen it happened the fire spread quickly and there should have been sprinklers but there weren't and that would have help if there were sum!!!
on a practice drills the fire engines come strainght away but 4 sum reason we didn't see them 4 a while which sux cus i lost sum of my stuff in there!!! in my school saftey sux!!! :blink: :angry:

My school is a public school.. We've once had this dog search to find drugs. I don't think there's ever been a locker search. Our school has pretty good locks on our lockers but sometimes people get inside them anyways. There's been a few stolen rings and calculators and a fight every once and a while. A few people have been caught with drugs, but not anyone I know. I don't see why people ever do drugs but w/e. We have cops on our school grounds and my school is super huge. I forget how many students are in it, but the grades range from 6th through 12th (I'm in 8th). I don't think there's been anything serious like weopons like guns and such ever caught... thankfully. I few people threaten eachother.. Like this one guy threatend to kill me if I ever say anything that he doesn't like. He's such a jerk and he's so stupid... He can't even write a sentence correctly. He's in 9th grade and I think he's about to drop out. Other than stuff like that, I don't think any really bad things happen at my school. I don't live in a metropoliton area.

hmm...this month, some guy came in from offcampus and started a fight with some kid from my school, and he had a knife...but security came so it was ok...even though there were about 100 kids surrounding them (and i'm not kidding)...the cops and secutity came though so it was ok

my hs is HUGE. (3000 people) There's been locker searches, of course there's been the classic pulling of the fire alarms as a prank... :rolleyes: ppl bring pocket knives to school sometimes... People hit eachother with belts throughout the day. It's not pleasant it all. People threaten to kill others a lot. (Someone made it look like i threatened to kill someone once.) Once a senior brought a gun to school and was going to kill himself after school. There's never been a bomb scare though.

omg u should see my school!!!!! it's like the police have to stay there cus they're always there!!! ll!! they found drugs, and wen there was a fight sum1 got stabbed only slightly in the hand!!!!! people set fire 2 the feilds!!! they trash the school!!! it's crappy!! man!! :angry:
we don't get locker searches cus we don't have em' scus people trash them!!!lol
oh and sum1 rang in sayin them had a bomb there!!! w were outside 4 like 6 hours!!!!
and prank fire alarms!! :blink:
oh and the fight r wild people get called frm other schools!!!! they're HUGE fights!!!

Moriel said:
my hs is HUGE. (3000 people) There's been locker searches, of course there's been the classic pulling of the fire alarms as a prank... :rolleyes: ppl bring pocket knives to school sometimes... People hit eachother with belts throughout the day. It's not pleasant it all. People threaten to kill others a lot. (Someone made it look like i threatened to kill someone once.) Once a senior brought a gun to school and was going to kill himself after school. There's never been a bomb scare though.
Thanks for clarifing that Moriel. Ok, the number of students in my school is 5000.... Yes, eeveryone can stare in shock now. :shocked: hey Moreil, my school's bigger than yours! ^_^ and aren't fights like so often at your school? they happen almost everyday!

Back