Animation sci-fi anime series recommendations

reanimator

Cadet
When i finnished watching all my favourite sci-fi shows, i needed to find a new genre. I found sci-fi anime. Its not fairytales for children or stupid series for little girls as i thought. Although it was dificult to find the right animes for myself. Thats when i realized i could build a website for people like me, trying to find the right sci-fi anime. So far there are 10 series which i strongly recommend, can anyone suggest another series?

http://scifi-anime.xf.cz

Tim

Creative Writer
Hmm, I have heroic age, but the subtitles are a block to me watching right now. I am on an on/off Buffy marathon right now (in english!)

ps. spellcheck the Heroic Age page!

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
So far there are 10 series which i strongly recommend, can anyone suggest another series?
HHHm... some I would add to the list are....

- The Big O

- Now and Then, Here and There

- FLCL

- Death Note

- Full Metal Alchemist

- Ghost In The Shell

- Samurai Champloo

jeremy2728

Cadet
Ghost in the shell would probably fit the best. It is far-futuristic and probably takes cybernetics to the ultimate end. Try an episode of martian successor nadesico, it's a giant robot cartoon like robotech only with some goofy comedy thrown in.

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Ghost in the shell would probably fit the best. It is far-futuristic and probably takes cybernetics to the ultimate end. Try an episode of martian successor nadesico, it's a giant robot cartoon like robotech only with some goofy comedy thrown in.
If it is cybernetics you're after, then check out The Big O also. The feel of the show is a bit retro but it deals with when artificial intelligence & mankind sometimes collides.

Bmfs

Bryan Sarrasin
Series:

Neon Genesis Evangelion (I couldn't possibly recommend this series more highly)

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (This series starts off in a whimsical manner, but as the show progesses it becomes much more serious in nature and more epic in scope than anything I've ever seen)

Films:

Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind

Top Bottom