sci fi channels mini series month

did any one se the mini seri called 10.5 I REALY THUGHT THAT IT BELONGED ON THE DISCOVERY OR ON ANOTHER CAHNNEL BECAUSE IT WAN NOT WHAT I WOULD CALL SCI FI CHANNEL MATERIAL AND I THINK THE SCI FI CAHANNEL NEEDS TO GO UNDER SOME REFORMS AND SHOWS LIKE RIPPLEYS BELIVE IT OR NMOT SHOULD NOT SHOWED ON THGE SCI FI CHANNEL ANY MORE THERE SHOULD BE A CHANNEL FOR THAT TYPE OF SHOWS , I THINK THAT SCI FI SHOULD STICK TO HEAVY DUTY SCI- FI SHOWS LIKE BSG AND SG1

Sci-Fi deals a lot with "What if..." types of shows & movies and that's what speculative fiction is all about. Yeah, an earthquake movie isn't the typical Sci-Fi Channel show (that's more TNT & TBS) but if they get some advertising dollars from those types of movies then it just means more cash flow for them to make more original stuff like the SG's and BSG.

PS: Writing in all caps is the online version of shouting at somebody. :(

SciFi is so busy doing 'Other' SciFi they tend to neglect the good SciFi already made.

Forbidden Planet has been on AMC but not SciFi
Take a hard look at your TV schedule and you will see that most of the well established , nice to watch SciFi is not on the Science Fiction Channel but elsewhere on the dial.

in the UK the good stuff is on Sky One channel, where they would air stuff similar to Desperate Housewives and Survivor.

a long time ago when i had cable i cut the package with the Scifi Channel in it as it just wasn't worth the money. keeping the one with Sky One in instead. i know loads of people interested in scifi that did the very same thing.

Back