Feedback Sci fi funerals

rutger

Cadet
Can someone help me out? I am looking for info on funerals and death rites in sci fi movies, tv series, comics and books (I already found Dr Spocks funeral and the jedi-funerals).
How are do these rituals look in the sci fi future?
Is there literature on it?

You could try Babylon 5, there are funerals in it for Minbari, several other alien cultures and a humanist style sending loads of self propelled coffins onto a trajectory that will carry them into the local star. They are spread out throughout the series though, so they may take some finding.

You could try Babylon 5, there are funerals in it for Minbari, several other alien cultures and a humanist style sending loads of self propelled coffins onto a trajectory that will carry them into the local star. They are spread out throughout the series though, so they may take some finding.

Besides the powered caskets with programmed trajectories, you could just be blown out into space where your coffin is flying end-over-end into the univesre, like in the movie ALIEN. Unlees you'd rather be dropped into molten metal like in the third movie, I like the words that were spoken by actor Charles Dutton during the funeral for Hicks and Newt.

Back