Sci Fi on Lost's new season

Lost News

Official News Poster
From Sci Fi Wire:

Changes Coming To Lost

Damon Lindelof, co-creator and executive producer of ABC's Lost, told SCI FI Wire that the next season will offer some answers to the first year's mysteries, but will raise even more questions. "We're going to blow it up and change everything this year," he said in an interview at the Comic-Con International in San Diego. "I mean, I think that our attitude is not to do more of the same. They're going to go into the hatch, and what they find inside is going to change their state of being for quite some time. So we're going to continue to explore the characters as we always have. The show will be the same in the way that we tell the stories. But season two is really about exploring the island along the way, and we just hope that people think what they find is cool."

Maggie Grace, who plays Shannon on the show, said in a separate interview at the convention that the revelations about the hatch will come early in the second season. "We find out what's in the hatch very quickly," she said. "I can tell you that much. There's also more about Jack's marriage and why Shannon's so screwed up."

Grace added that she would like to see her character continue a romantic relationship with former Iraqi soldier Sayid, played by Naveen Andrews. "I certainly hope so," Grace said. "There was certainly kind of a great connection. My personal suspicion—and I actually haven't said this to the producers—I think that he was shot mainly so he could be shirtless for the first half of the season. So it's a great device to accomplish that."

[casting and related plot spoilers]
Lindelof also gave some hints about the introduction of a new regular character, played by Michelle Rodriguez, who was first seen in the season finale. "From the finale we know she was on the plane with them," he said. "She was in the back of the plane. So I think you can read into it what you will, but it would be a fairly safe assumption to assume that she's survived the crash and has been having a very different 45 days than the rest of the people that we've been watching. So it'll be fairly interesting to hook up with her and see what's happened."

Will the presence of Rodriguez open the door for more previously undiscovered survivors on the island? "It's certainly possible," Lindelof says. "Absolutely. The tail section ripped off, though, and seemed pretty apocryphal. So I wouldn't count on as many survivors as we have on our side of the island."</span> Lost returns for a second season in the fall.

Back