Sci-Fi Sci-Fi Robot Thread

I was impressed you already had VICI from Small Wonder and D.A.R.Y.L.

OK, I can think of one not listed- Rosey, the robot maid from The Jetsons.

I was impressed you already had VICI from Small Wonder and D.A.R.Y.L.

OK, I can think of one not listed- Rosey, the robot maid from The Jetsons.
I ofcourse have Rosey, I don't know what you mean unlisted, I haven't posted my A-Z list just the Acronyms for robots and computers. But the Gilligan's Island robots are handy, thank you. I have hundreds of robots to be added.

Saw this pic on the net. Don't know if it's based on a specific / named robot. 'Art Deco' bots maybe (like those in Sky Captain)?
Hi, sorry, I just saw this in my thread, I can identify this art for you...

It is part of a series of cover/poster art prints by artist Francesco Francavilla for Giant Robot Week, of his series U.S.R.A. (United States Robot Army). Here are some more form the series...
American robot1.jpg
American robot2.jpg
American robot 3.jpg
American robot5.jpg

It is suppose to be to celebrate famous giant robots. Many of his drawings are based on already existing characters. He has worked for Marvel and DC Comics. You can also see silhouettes of various other famous Robots and mechas in the last poster like the Iron Giant, Voltron and Mecha Godzilla.

Pogo Sticks? Do you have them?

GyroDrums?

affiche-chappie-2015-1.jpg

More on Chappie that I mentioned in an earlier reply

Nine Oh Two, the first recorded freeborn humanoid robot to be awakened. He forms an alliance with the humans in an effort to defeat Archos. At the end of the novel, he ultimately resolves the conflict by destroying Archos. (Robopocalypse)

Dante II is an multi-legged frame walking robot that was designed by NASA and Carnegie Mellon University to investigate live volcanoes and help test robotic technology for NASA. The robot is a framewalker with eight pantographic legs arranged in two groups of four, on inner and outer frames. Dante II is connected by a tension-controlled tether to maintain stability and to allow rappelling on steep slopes. In 1994 Dante II was adopted to explore the Mount Spurr volcano in Alaska.

In Antarctica a NASA robot was used to explore the inside of a volcano (Mount Erebus). Ironically, the robot used in Antarctica was named: Dante.

Spiderlegs.gif.png

BabyCakes - From Flashpoint TV Show

Alien Planet Robots
ike.jpg

Darwin 4 Spider Bots
crawler.jpg

Nano Assemblers
image010.jpg

Cell Repair Bots
DiamonoidNanoBot.jpg

Inspector Gadget

Robots of Space Station 76
spacestation76.jpg

18lv7mptf4i2zjpg.jpg

ss761.jpg

Cleo from Automata
Automata-robot-014.jpg

Pilgrims From Automata
Automata.2014.HDRip_.XviD-SaMETRG.avi_snapshot_00.49.39_2014.10.16_21.55.44.jpg

Pilgrim 7000 from Automata
Automata-movie-gallery-7-578x324.jpg

Automata Insect Robot (Cant find a reference)

Plus lets not forget the Thousands of robots, mechanicals and mechanoids in the Gaming Universes like Clank from Ratchet & Clank, Quake and UAW. There are many that are quite unique. Plus, The way Hollywood rapes everything, I am sure there will be movies about them eventually.

87207343.jpg

87655875.jpg

86994265.jpg

Quake_4_Model_by_dioh.jpg

637434-470px_riseoftherobots.jpg

Metal_Sonic-copy.jpg

How+can+you+forget+a+game+with+such+cool+robots+_a938c4484d148c6a7f091fb1fbae459d.jpg

Portal-2-Robots-Wallpaper.jpg

FXIEU54I20HE3GI.LARGE.jpg

CH1.jpg.gif

universe-at-war-earth-assault-20071214061735216-000.jpg

So Many Robots So Little Time

I just want to thank you all for your help you guys but I do have to make it clear that this is an A-Z guide to fictional robots of film and TV with the odd exception to a few famous game and comic characters. The reason I need to limit this to some degree is I wil never finish the book and I will give you the stats of the book so far to help you understand the magnitude of this project...

Robot Book break down of entries:

Current Robotic Characters (including robots, androids, cyborgs, computers and C G Beings:
1'633 (the number of characters in each letter is in brackets).

(without divulging my complete list for obvious reasons...)

Numerical Characters:

1 - 9 Eyes (23)

Alphabetical Characters:

A

ABC Warrior Robot – Avalon Android (134)

B

B1-66er - Buzzsaw (114)

C

Cadbury’s Smash Martians – CZ-OR6
(134)

D

D.A – Dynomutt
(95)

E

E-100 Alpha – Extendar
(47)

F

Fabrication Machine – FX-7
(37)

G

G 2 – Gypsy
(75)

H

Hadaly – Hyperling
(50)

I

Ian Farve – IT-O
(27)

J

J-5 – Justice Computer
(33)

K

K-1 – K Series Android
(33)

L

L3 – Lydia
(44)

M

M-5 Multitronic System – Maya Olham
(157)

N

NAL – Nurse Maid Robot
(39)

O

Obsidian – Overrun
(34)

P

PAL – P
V-9000 (50)

Q

Q (Automaton) – Quinn
(10)

R

R1-G4 – Rusty
(140)

S

Sasquatch – Syntax
(132)

T

Tabirnacle – Two-Cats
(88)

U

UER – Urklebot
(12)

V

Vaal – Vulturs’s Electronic Men
(45)

W

WALL-A – Wurlitzer
(34)

X

X29A – XR
(18)

Y

Yatterbull – YoYo
(6)

Z

Zathura Robot – Zygon’s Cyborg Loch ness Monster
(22)

Last edited:
Yes I have the "Fix-its" from Batteries not included, Automata, checking the the other film ones. Need to keep it fictional robots from film and TV sorry, all the movie suggestions here are good. I already have 1'644 characters in the book.

Your restrictions are an intelligent move. To try to list all robots would be daunting if not impossible.
I included some of the Game Robots because of the way the entertainment industry likes to release live action game and comic movies. Understanding that if it is not released yet there can be no entry, the references may still be valuable at later dates.
I'm not sure how close you are to publishing. Perhaps, if your first published book is a success you may find the inspiration to publish follow-ups?
As technology advances you might find that real robots are included in fictional movies & TV. Likewise we should see more complicated and accurate robotics as scientific knowledge becomes more extensive.

Here are some ideas just to get your creative mind pondering:

Appendix by decade or year
Follow-up book by robot class (weapon, servant, explorer,etc...)
Follow-up book by scientific accuracy
Follow-up book by literary reference
Section on effects crews that construct and enable robots in fiction
Behind the scenes production screenshots
Information on last known location of the actual movie prop
Factoids of examples of the robot in actual real life situations
Concept sketches of different versions of a robot

I'm not trying to tell you what to do - just suggesting things that might unlock possibilities that you may not have considered. I am sure your project is strong as it is and I look forward to your publishing announcement.

I have The Comic Book Encyclopedia
9780060538163.OL.0.m.jpg

And I find it seriously entertaining and educating.

I also have Barlowe's Guide to Extraterrestrials
content

And Barlowe's Guide to Fantasy
content

All three make me want for more!

I am sure your book will grace my shelves as well.

3 interesting robot stories in an ancient Doctor Who episode (in B/W) he was captured by one army of bots and asked to help them beat their enemies. Forget how he got out of their clutches after refusing to help, but his answer was simple - turn off the computers and make decisions the enemy's comps can't predict.

The Movellans, 'Destiny of the Daleks'
Destiny of the Daleks - Wikipedia

thanks to Sarcasticool for the source on the WWII bots. Great to know their origin!

Back