Sci-Fi Wire - Sci-Fi News

i dont kno if anyone's seen this but i thought it was interesting.

Abrams Hints Alias' Future - 09:00am ET, 16-January-04

J.J. Abrams, creator of ABC's SF spy drama Alias, told SCI FI Wire that the constantly evolving show has more twists in store for the second half of the third season, including the reappearance of guest star Quentin Tarantino. "We have some storylines that we're working on that could maybe be too extreme," Abrams said in an interview at the Television Critics Association winter press tour in Hollywood. "We're trying to be smart about how we do it. But I believe that when you look back at Alias as a series, you'll see many different iterations of the show. And I think the fun in it for me is, I hope it's never so you'll tune in and you'll know exactly what you're going to get. It always feels like this is a very fluid, unexpected place."

Upcoming episodes will feature a guest appearance by actor-director Tarantino, who reprises his role from the first season's two-part episode "The Box I and II." The series will also introduce Isabella Rossellini as the sister of Lena Olin's character, Irina Derevko. Abrams said that Rossellini's character will share a connection with Victor Garber's Jack Bristow and fill a void left by Olin. Abrams is "hopeful" that Olin will also return to the show one day. "[Rossellini's character] definitely serves a similar purpose," Abrams said. "But the character is entirely different, and the storyline is unique. We couldn't have done this story with Lena. In fact, originally I wanted to have them both in the same episode, but we couldn't get Lena."

The Jan. 11 episode revealed that Lauren Reed (Melissa George) is working for the enemies of her husband, Michael Vaughn (Michael Vartan), and his former love interest, Sydney Bristow (Jennifer Garner). Abrams said that it was his plan all along to make the character evil, and that the twist was not a reaction to the widespread animosity toward her from the fans. "We knew this was going to happen," he said. "She went into this year hated, and she's still hated as the one who's getting in between [Sydney and Vaughn]. But we tried as much as possible to draw out her storyline so that you believed, 'Oh, I guess I'm supposed to like her.' So when you finally learned that she was evil, it was satisfying." Alias airs Sundays at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

ShiftyNit said:
So when you finally learned that she was evil, it was satisfying.
Um, well, the jury's out on that as far as I'm concerned. I was always afraid they had that in mind and I consider that a cowardly way out. And currently, the way the character has been presented, it's rather inconsistent. They need to do some serious 'splainin'.
-_-

verdantheart said:
ShiftyNit said:
So when you finally learned that she was evil, it was satisfying.
Um, well, the jury's out on that as far as I'm concerned. I was always afraid they had that in mind and I consider that a cowardly way out. And currently, the way the character has been presented, it's rather inconsistent. They need to do some serious 'splainin'.
-_-
couldn't agree with you more ... ;)

something is still missing with Lauren, and needs to be resolved as soon as possible ...

I have suspected from the beginning of the season that if they made Lauren evil that it would be a false evil in some way and she would turn out good in the end. Of course JJ could have gone for the too easy answer. But Lauren’s evilness is erratic and was filmed and written that way so it is not just poor acting. Something must be up with that.

Of course real long run Lauren may end up evil I just do not think this time it will turn out true. Kind of in example this time she may be blackmailed or partially brainwashed. Lauren’s problem will be solved and she will be thought good again. Then considerably later Lauren could be found out to be a sleeper agent for someone else.

Sci Fi Wire is a news service provided by Sci Fi Channel's web site. I don't think that they've contracted to re-run Alias eps.
;)

Back