Science Fiction Podcasts

Tom

An Old Friend
I've been finding some gems. I'm trying to upload some of them to the gallery in the sounds catergory but its a slow and mostly painfull process so I decided to try sharing some with you like this.

The link should take you directly to the podcast.

Science Fiction Theater Episode 8
Science Fiction Theater is another one of the great Yesterday USA Old Time Radio Show Programs.After being broadcast on YUS...
, Podcast from Radio Memories Net..

Boxcars711 Old Time Radio Pod - Journey To The Center Of Earth "The Hurrica...
Journey to the Center of the Earth is a classic 1864 science fiction novel by Jules Verne. The story involves a professor wh...

Serenity Special Edition #1
** A Serenity Primer ** Visit www.SerenityMovie.com ** MP3
, Podcast from Drooling FanBoy

Heroes of Science Fiction and Fantasy
Heroes of Science Fiction and Fantasy: Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Star Wars: episode 4, The 300, Iron man (Marvel comi...
26 days ago, Podcast from Heroes of Science ..

Episode 217 - Mystery Science
We perform our rendition of Mystery Science Theater to the tune of Spaceship Earth
Added on 2/12/2007, Podcast from WDW Today

Forbidden Planet - Caltex Theater
Forbidden Planet from Caltex Theater aired in 1957 adapted for radio from the 1956 s...
Added on 11/23/2007, Podcast from Calfkiller Old Tim..

Some Sid Mead samples from Blade Runner
Some cool Sid Mead artwork awaits those who venture here. In our latest podcast - you have listened to it, right? - our gue...
, Podcast from Sci-Fi Scoundrels

SadCAST Review - Kin Dza DzaExplicit
Arguably, it's the best sci fi comedy ever made and yet it's also the most famous film that nobody has ever heard of! Kin Dz...
Added on 12/24/2006, Podcast from SadCAST

British Science Fiction 22 The Red Planet 1 of 20
British Science Fiction presents Journey Into Space-The Red Planet Part 1 of 20 part series-10/6/54Journey Into Space was wr...
Added on 8/3/2007, Podcast from Radio Memories Net..

Heroes of Science Fiction and Fantasy episode 11
The Road Warrior(Mel Gibson), Raiders of the Lost Ark(Harrison Ford, Karen Allen), Soylent Green(Charlton Heston), Comic Sec...
26 days ago, Podcast from Heroes of Science ..

X Minus One Podcast 1 And The Moon Be Still And Bright
This weeks episode of X Minus One , "And The Moon Be Still And Bright", 4/22/55X Minus One is widely considered am...
Added on 6/22/2007, Podcast from Radio Memories Net..

SciFi Friday Episode 2
Its Friday on Radio Memories, and that is when we enter an alternate dimensions Science Fiction Friday, with your host Brian...
, Podcast from Radio Memories Net..

These are not free but there are some nice samples

Audible has 1736 Science Fiction & Fantasy titles with more being added all the time!

full_image.jpg

full_image.jpg

Dune (Unabridged)
Frank Herbert
full_image.jpg

Blade Runner (Unabridged)
Philip K. ****
full_image.jpg

full_image.jpg

Planet of Exile
Ursula K. Le Guin
full_image.jpg

full_image.jpg

full_image.jpg

Has anyone tried HUNTRESS?

I promise you've never heard anything like it and the feedback we've been getting has been very positive. It's been described as a cross between Harry Potter and Doctor Who.

Part one was reviewed in DeathRay magazine issue 7 and they called it "several cuts above your usual."

Also quote "The family team at Audiothor have a better stab at it than most with Huntress."

It seems a strange premise - Alien invasion apocalypse seen through the eyes of a young girl - but the story does draw you in.

Brilliant idea, Kevin.

I reckon it will grow to be THE place people will search for Sci-Fi audio.

www.Audothor.com is on there now.......

Thanks
Er.. you forgot the "i" I think. ;)

BTW: I was checking out AudioThor and noticed Charlotte Frost is credited on the Huntress series. I'd swear I've seen that name before... has she done voice work for other audio stories?

{Thinking out loud.... I should really get an adapter for my iPod shuffle to play through the car stereo system and make sure that the next car deck has MP3 playback capability.}

Er.. you forgot the "i" I think. ;).}[/I]

Oh yes! So I did. I meant www.audiothor.com Thanks - I should proof read before I post. At least I spelt it right on the Lnks Drectory.

{BTW: I was checking out AudioThor and noticed Charlotte Frost is credited on the Huntress series. I'd swear I've seen that name before... has she done voice work for other audio stories?.}

Charlotte is the driving force behind HUNTRESS. it was her idea, 2 years ago to have a gutsy young girl try and save the Human race. I can understand how people see a similar theme of growing up as young Harry in Jo Rowling's series.

Charlotte hasn't done any other audiostories though. Previously she has appeared in shows at the Dominion Theatre, the Royal Albert Hall and the Theatre Royal in London. Also she was guest presenter on The Big Toe Radio Show for the BBC, which is where you may have heard of her. Her biggest part so far was the lead role in Lin Coghlin's 'The Miracle' at The New Wolsey Theatre, Ipswich, Last year, which got brilliant reviews.

She'd like to breakthrough into film as a dramatic actress but is soon to begin touring schools with the education authority play about bullying called 'Turning Blind Eyes'. She gets to play the baddie for the first time.

Perhaps she'll get some recognition for her fiesty portrayal of Roxy. The way the character grows from being a helpless little girl to possibly our last chance of survival is amazing.

{Thinking out loud.... I should really get an adapter for my iPod shuffle to play through the car stereo system and make sure that the next car deck has MP3 playback capability.}

Have you heard of a Tunepoint? This is a small box that fits in the glovebox of a car and you plug your Ipod or any other MP3 player into it. Then it charges your Ipod while it plays through the car stereo, and you can control the tracks etc from the steering wheel controls. I know Renaults fit them and I'm sure there's similar available for other makes.

It could be the end of CD's in cars as people start to carry their whole audio collection around with them.

Podcast banner2.jpg

Back