the Unexplained,
the Supernatural
and
the Extra-Terrestrial.
Compiled & Edited by
Colin M Jarman
"Science fiction is no more for scientists than ghost stories are for ghosts."
Brian Aldiss

"To a European, science fiction needs American characters to sound like the real thing."
Isaac Asimov

"For me science fiction is a way of thinking, a way of logic that bypasses a lot of nonsense. It allows people to look directly at important subjects."
Gene Roddenberry

"Everything is becoming science fiction. From the margins of an almost invisible literature has sprung the intact reality of the 20th century."
J. G. Ballard

"Science fiction writers, I am sorry to say, really do not know anything. We can't talk about science, because our knowledge of it is limited and unofficial, and usually our fiction is dreadful."
Philip K. Dick

"In the late forties, Science Fiction was still Sleeping Beauty waiting to be kissed awake by atomic bombs, hydrogen explosions but, above all, Sputnik."
Ray Bradbury

"I wonder why we always are menaced by Mars? I suppose that man H.G. Wells started it. One day we may have a big interplanetary libel action on our hands - unless we can prove that the Martians have been equally rude about us."
Arthur C. Clarke

"I have been a soreheaded occupant of a file drawer labeled Science Fiction and I would like out, particularly since so many serious critics regularly mistake the drawer for a urinal."
Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Back