TV Scooby / Bugs remakes

screenersam

This is news, Vincenzo, NEWS!
New Scooby show 'Be Cool Scooby Doo' on Toon/Boomerang.
I like. Follows the traditional formula / person in costume of the week. Much lighter than 'Mystery Incorporated'. Bright clear graphics. The charax are drawn a little more like teens, esp Velma. (Let's face it, the original gang looked like 20somethings even if they were 'kids'.)

Also, Bugs has a new incarnation in 'Wabbit'. Again, goes back to original formula; BB is minding his own business, doing what he does, when inconvenienced by a stereotype of the week. Original gave us angry bull, opera singer, Scotsman, etc. New ones have Tooth Fairy, 'Snow Stag' (reindeer that brings winter), a muscle-bound goat shilling a phony health product, among others. Wiley and Foghorn are around, as is Yosemite Sam, now paunchy with a tooth missing. (He lives with a bunch of cats?) Oh, and his real name is Aloysius Bartholamew Sam (their spelling).
I like what I've seen so far. Much better than that dreary Looney Tunes sitcom show they've been showing.

I haven't seen either one yet! :facepalm: I had seen mention of the new Scooby Doo project but not about Wabbit. Now you've got me checking the schedule to see when they're one and if they might be available on VOD. :D

Toon seems to be having sched issues, esp wi Wabbit, which is often listed as starting/ending fifteen / fortyfive minutes after. I wish I still had Boomerang.

Back