Score getting posted to the wrong game

Hey guys,

We had an issue yesterday where a player was playing one game and their score got submitted to the wrong leaderboard.

You can't view the arcade as it's members only, but here's a screen shot and a conversation I had with some of the members. One thinks it could be a cookie issue or a problem if you have 2 games open at once. Any ideas and what might have caused it and how to figure out which cells in which table to edit to fix it?

View attachment 169

1. Feb 6, 2013 at 3:50 PM - RobinHood:
    How on earth did you get that score on 10 bullets SJ?!! o_O

2. Feb 6, 2013 at 6:54 PM - sjc2tk:
    a lot of patiance and working out when the best time to fire was :smiley:

3. Feb 6, 2013 at 7:01 PM - sjc2tk:
    wait a sec just saw the score ......... could be that was a score for a different game ... i had more than one game open and played enlarge your slip and got that score and it did not save it so i guess it was an issue when saved to mysql ....... you could go to phpmyadmin and edit the score manualy my top score there was 475

4. Feb 6, 2013 at 7:02 PM - sjc2tk:
    but if not then i am happy with that score lol

5. Feb 6, 2013 at 7:11 PM - RobinHood:
    lmao - you've figured out how to hack the arcade! :ROFLMAO:

6. Feb 6, 2013 at 7:26 PM - sjc2tk:
    already know how to do rthat from years of experience with my own forums and designing ways to stop people from doing it with torrent trader <<< a forum for torrents lol ....... but never knew you could open up different games in a browser and have the scores affected like that

7. Feb 6, 2013 at 8:09 PM - RobinHood:
    Now we know how T got so many high scores all this time :sneaky:

8. Feb 6, 2013 at 9:11 PM - sjc2tk:
    lol ..... i said i know how to... don' t do it though ..... been thinking about how it could of happened though ....... could be a cookie issue or when i have opened up 2 different games and you get that individual code thing in the addy bar or in the database it might have repeated or another thing could be when the scores are sent and the site updates are after the score is sent and then another

9. Feb 6, 2013 at 9:12 PM - sjc2tk:
    score is sent before the site updates and the site takes that score ... just a few thoughts .....

10. 8:32 AM - FFFHugo:
    can the 10 bullets score be fixed? yesterday it said 475 indeed. the 5000+ score cant be beat I think. I'm only at work for 8hours a day. :P

Attachments

• arcade.PNG
    arcade.PNG
    16 KB · Views: 113
Scores are submitted via URL with explicit IDs so there isn't much chance of scores being submitted to the wrong game naturally. With IPB games a cookie is only to generate a set of random numbers for verification, not for submitting the actual score.

IPB v32 games & Mochi games are a little less susceptible to score manipulation but it isn't impossible. With non-v32 IPB games and v3A games it is much easier to manipulate scores.

Back