Scunthorpe catches even us out!

Tim

Creative Writer
Recently we ran into a little issue with the swear filter system in place here over the location Scunthorpe, which is just down the road from me here in Yorkshire. It was corrected, and we can now say the dreaded word :smiley: but here's another mistake that was made, which ended up in hardcopy in the form of a soccer calendar available to fans with custom printing in them:

Footie fans in 'cunthorpe Utd' calendar shocker

When they miss the "S" off the beginning, forget to proofread it correctly, then send said calendars to customers, it all gets a bit hilarious really.

Ha! Although in the case of the calendar, I would have to wonder if anybody at the printing press happened to be not a fan of that particular club.

Hell, people here and across the UK can't even say my surname right, even though it is the county just south of mine really. Geography is not a strong point for far too many, and I fear it is only going to get worse with satnav usage. People will stick start/end locations in and not care about anything inbetween. I really, really don't trust satnav's, and last spring my GF's one at the time tried to take us off a cliff! (well, quarry edge)

Back