SD-1 Refugee Thread-The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi and thanks, 5x5! It's nice to meet you, too. About me...hm. My name is Vana. I'm a single mom with four kids, two of whom have special needs, so my life is both blessed and busy. I work several jobs, but mainly I teach piano and voice and run a music enrichment program for kids which I founded. Writing is my refuge, and a passion I am lucky enough to share with my older daughter. Okay, enough about me. I look forward to getting to know y'all, too! : )
Welcome! You sound busy! :lol: It's nice to meet you. I'm nsspense and I live in Colorado with my husband of a little over a year, who we call :fireman: (because that's his job :lol:smiley:. We spend a lot of time in the mountains climbing things. :smiley: I'm a high school history and geography teacher in a rather entertaining inner city-like school.

Hey... it's Nsspense's sister's graduation day! :rea llyexcited: Congratulations to her! And continued :tele path: and prayers for Nsspense's brother.

A big :smoo ch: :s mooch: for my 5x5 :hea rt:, whose straightforwardness is one of the things I love best about her. :wu b:
Thank you! It was a lovely ceremony with 750 graduates, 42 of whom were the Valedictorians! :Passout: I can't get over that.
(Can I get a "whom" usage check there, please? :lol:smiley:

Everything that needs to be said has already been said, so I'm just going to keep my mouth shut for once. But I need to :baaa: this. Straighforwardness with tact is quite a nice character trait!

Hey, you're right! Hooray! Congrats, SisterNsspense! :w 00t: I hope her brother is feeling better. :telep ath:
Thanks! My brother is feeling much better. With the heat there he was put on IVs, but now he's feeling ok!

I'm 5x5, and I'm married to Mr 5x5, and I have two children, lil 5x5 (5.5) and lil'est (almost 16 months). I'm a fiction writer and editor of college textbooks and Web sites. I live in Brooklyn, NY, and love it here.
Oh, how I stared at the bolded part. I could not figure out what the extra 5s meant... I wondered if we sometimes called her 5.5 and I just wasn't included on the nickname :doh: I figured it out. :lol:

No, no, Linds. You are more than welcome here. Mel is more than welcome here. We've disagreed, but that doesn't mean you guys are outcasts. No way! This has been quite the heated debate, and I think we'd all do well to take a breather and perhaps have a cocktail or two.
Another :baaa:!

:ba a: (And if it wasn't before noon, I'd double-:b aa: on the cocktail. :lo l:smiley:
Well it's 7:45 here, so I'm all out of excuses. :lol:

I feel better...:hea rt: got me some Theraflu and it helped : D...marrying a doc has its perks :P

:reallye xcited: for SisterNsspense Graduation...
I'm glad you feel better!

Thanks!

So one of my students was in class today... with a laptop... and emailed me his assignment... when we were still in class. :bli nk: Soooo... way to pay attention in lecture, since you just failed your quiz yesterday. Talula does not want to have to flunk yet another star athlete, y'all. Some of these kids seem to not realize that I can actually SEE them text messaging and sleeping during class.
Welcome to the fun world of education.
I saw a huge group of high schoolers run through the FDR monument in DC the other night. I looked at :fireman: and just said, "Too soon." :lol: I am so happy about this whole summer break thing.

I quoted but lost your comment about grading essays. It is obnoxious, and I know I'm in for it with this AP class. Thankfully the class is very small. 😌 But my final exam purposefully involved only multiple choice because I knew grading essays at the end of the year was the last thing I would want to do!

ETA:...actually I just got asked out for dinner and a movie :really excited:
Yay! May the dating never cease. :lovely:

Hi everyone! :re allyexcited: I finally got the wonderful new wireless internet service on Monday and have been trying all week to catch up with ya'll at SD-1 with no success. I'd completely forgotten about the All-Alias backup plan until today. :bag : Anyway, here I am, completely clueless as to what's going on with everyone and ready to catch up! And so unreasonably happy to see my little friend :nu mber1: here! :lo l:

For the longtime Annoyer folks, I have some llama news... Homer is a daddy! :Pas sout: Calliope gave birth to a lovely baby girl last Thursday. Baby has no name yet, but she's the spitting image of her dear old dad.
Good to see you! :woot:

:number1: yay for Homer!!! That is so exciting! I hope to see a photo sometime :whistle:

Meloh, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog :(

Ok now that I've done this catch up I must go.. We're going to see Ocean's 13 in a bit! I'll be home tomorrow, but then I have to go to a couple of parties straight from the airport, so I may not be by again till Sunday. :hug:

:yawn: Night guys - I lay down on the lounge floor, and dozed off :doh:. So time to take my laptop upstairs and get myself to bed :yawn:. And sometime tomorrow morning - iPod time! :woot:

Night! :hug:

My moms knee is really bothering her. She fell right on her knee at a church. :Pinch: She told me it was numb and itching feeling and it's hurts more today then couple weeks ago and I'm not sure what the deal is with her knee. She also feel sick. I think feeling sick is all but stress from work. She's was the head boss and that can be a pain. I know she hates being the head boss.

Strictly speaking, we have a 50 page limit on threads in the member lounge (with the excpetion of the FGA), therefore i am closing this thread. Feel free to open another, though i would encourage you to join the Random already in progress in the member lounge which also has a 50 page limit for those of you unaware.

PM me with any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back