SD-1 Refugee Thread-The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have to take my Ghost Hunters season 2 dvds back. :( The audio really sucks on it. The audio is really scratchy. When I want to skip a chapter it freezes. The video is really darker than it was on tv. :o_O: I just hope I can return it to the store. 🙏 I just love the show. It's going to be hard taking it back.

Thanks Nss :hug:

I just hope they don't charge.
My birth mother told me that her stepmother threw every picture that she had of the family. I take she's not a very nice stepmother. I did found out I have an aunt, and two uncles. The aunt has a daughter that is my age.

Ooh, exciting!

Good luck with the photos :hug:

:eek:ldhi:

*shrieks*

WEDNESDAY!

:Passout:

ETA: Errrr... sorry? :bag:

That's what I thought!

Then I found Mellie had emailed me to tell me about this place, and I stopped freaking out quite so much! :lol:

Right, better start working. Poo!

👋 Christin, my morning buddy! How's you?

Thank you Chris for the card :hug:..it came just in time for my Christmas eve...perfect timing :lovely:
I'm glad it arrived! (Finally!) And how great that it arrived on your Christmas Eve. :lovely: :hug:

*grabs can of paint*

*lays down plastic*

*paints room*

*hangs selection of recently passed around Annoyer-related photos*

*drags in big fluffy couch, big fluffy pillows, TV/DVD with Alias DVDs*

*whips out chocolate bars, cupcakes, and Skittles*

Aw. It's pretty in here.
:love:

👋 Christin, my morning buddy! How's you?
:eek:ldhi: Helen! :hug: :smooch: I'm doing fine, finishing up with my presentation... I cancelled my seminar today (wrote to the professor and she accepted, so no real skipping here... ;) ) so I have all day. 😌 How are you? How's work?

:woot: :eek:ldhi: song! :hug: :smooch: How are you?

I'm glad it arrived! (Finally!) And how great that it arrived on your Christmas Eve. :lovely: :hug:
:eek:ldhi: Helen! :hug: :smooch: I'm doing fine, finishing up with my presentation... I cancelled my seminar today (wrote to the professor and she accepted, so no real skipping here... ;) ) so I have all day. 😌 How are you? How's work?

:woot: :eek:ldhi: song! :hug: :smooch: How are you?

Oh wait, when I reply, it only quotes what you said, not the quotes you yourself had :o_O:

Yay for all day! :hug:

I'm not so bad - starting the mind numbing job of adding lines to old timesheets, now I have the codes :yawn:. And I'm hungry so I hope the sandwich van comes soon! :tummy rumble:.

But I have here and the radio to entertain me while I work :lol:.

:eek:ldhi: (I don't like the 👋 but I've been typing it automatically) to Song as well!

Oh wait, when I reply, it only quotes what you said, not the quotes you yourself had :o_O:

Yay for all day! :hug:

I'm not so bad - starting the mind numbing job of adding lines to old timesheets, now I have the codes :yawn:. And I'm hungry so I hope the sandwich van comes soon! :tummy rumble:.

But I have here and the radio to entertain me while I work :lol:.
Yeah, I noticed that, too. :confused:

It's a good feeling. Makes me less frantic. :lol:

I'll have rice pudding for lunch. :yummy:

:clap: ETA: I like our :clap : guy better... :(

:hi: Helen & Christin :hug: :hug:

Ooh, another update? Wednesday!?! Well alright then.

*grabs can of paint*

*lays down plastic*

*paints room*

Aw. It's pretty in here.
:lovely: Thanks, talula! It looks real nice in here now!

I'm : cry: right now. Wanna know why? Because I felt so lonely over the last 30 hours since I couldn't talk to you guys. I was talking to Helen via YIM and she asked if I knew about the Refugee thread. Of course I do. : doh: But I completely forgot about it. : cry: : cry: : cry: I can't believe that I've been so wrapped up with everything (school work, singing and other stuff...) that I forgot how and where to find you guys. : cry: I missed you guys. : group: And I'm so glad I found you. :r elieved:

Anyway, back to the regular posting...
*dries tears*
Oh, I'm so glad you found us! 😌

Then I had a very :woot: night last night because I got to hang out with my best friend and I finished my latest scene! :woot: (That's a preliminary :woot: because it will take me another week until I can show anyone. :l ol:smiley:
:w00t: :happydance: :yahoo: That is very exciting! I can't wait! :w00t:

I'm so glad you're here now... : hug: :s mooch: I'm doing pretty well, thanks... enjoying one last day of vacation. : lol:
I hope it was a good day. :telepath:

Okay, the tornado sirens just went off. Evidently, if I were watching TV I would know there are tornado warnings all over the Atlanta area! : pinch: It's the eeriest sound!
Gosh. :Pinch: That's just plain scary!

: reallyexcited: : oldhi: song! : hug: : smooch: How are you?
I'm not too bad, thanks. :hug: How are you?

I've lost the quote somewhere, but I'm really glad you found us too, jsf! :hug: And you, Helen! :hug:

Um. Something at happened at work today that's upset me a bit. My co-worker was really sad, and as she was leaving for the day, I told that I was sorry that she was low and to take care of yourself. When I said that she burst into tears, and when I told her that I was sorry for saying anything, she said that I shouldn't have and all but ran away. :thinking: She wasn't just crying a little bit--she was really sobbing. I'm really worried... I don't know what I should do. *sigh*

Oh, I'm so glad you found us! 😌

Um. Something at happened at work today that's upset me a bit. My co-worker was really sad, and as she was leaving for the day, I told that I was sorry that she was low and to take care of yourself. When I said that she burst into tears, and when I told her that I was sorry for saying anything, she said that I shouldn't have and all but ran away. :thinking: She wasn't just crying a little bit--she was really sobbing. I'm really worried... I don't know what I should do. *sigh*
So am I. :smiley:

Oh no. :console: for your co-worker and one :console: for you not knowing how to help her. :hug: Maybe you could just tell her that you'll be there for her if and whenever she wants to talk about it...

:eek:ldhi: Christin :hug:
:eek:ldhi: Helen :hug:
:eek:ldhi: Kat :hug:

Ooh, another update? Wednesday!?! Well alright then.

*grabs can of paint*

*lays down plastic*

*paints room*

Aw. It's pretty in here.

Have fun watching football and having people over, nsspense!

ETA: Does everyone know about our hideout here? :thinking: Like helen?
:lol: Why thankyou for making it so homely Talula. :smoochL

Then I had a very :reallyexc ited: night last night because I got to hang out with my best friend and I finished my latest scene! :rea llyexcited: (That's a preliminary :woot: because it will take me another week until I can show anyone. : lol: )
:woot: That's great! I can't wait for it!

Yes! :lol: I'd forgotten that threads here go to 50 pages or so. :blink: I hope SD-1 doesn't change that one.
:baaa:

That's the one thing I like about SD-1 being offline... everybody gets together again. Sort of like a funeral. :lol:
:lol: So true! I hope you had a relaxing day!

I'm not really sure. They're opening officially tomorrow so it'll just depend on how many clients come in and when they need services. 🤷 I really am not totally sure what to expect for these first couple months. But that's alright for now.
I hope something happens soon!

I'm just popping in for a minute to let you all know I arrived safe and sound, I have got to go get some food which unfortunately at the moment means a trip to Safeway since nothing on campus is open yet. :rolleyes:

I'll be back in a bit.
😌 I hope you have a great first day back at school!

I've been spending much of my evening looking at Bed and Breakfasts in the area.. :fireman: and I will be celebrating our one year anniversary very soon! :Passout:
:Passout: How quickly time flies!

:cry: That's terrible, the poor thing. Did you try to maybe call her, see if she has calmed down any? :thinking:

:hi: Helen & Christin :hug: :hug:

:hug: I saw you making a reply and eventually you disappeared so I figured you either gave up, or got distracted long enough to have disappeared from the "who's here" thing (or it was a big reply and you disappeared off "Who's online").

Oh no :(

What about sending an email and saying you didn't mean to upset her more, but you're there if she wants to talk? I know it's a balance between showing care and checking up on people, and being too there (and them needing space). A friend at work has just split from her long-term boyfriend (he broke up with her), and she was off last Thursday and Friday - me and another friend emailed her a bit Thursday morning before she left, and I texted her on Friday and then again over the weekend to make sure she was OK. We're emailing now too.

:hug: for you and for her.

ETA - :eek:ldhi: to Song and Grace and Christin and Kathy!

And I forgot to say, I'm glad I found here (well was led here but you know what I mean) too! :hug:

:hi: Gracie! :hug: :love:

Oh no. :console: for your co-worker and one :console: for you not knowing how to help her. :hug: Maybe you could just tell her that you'll be there for her if and whenever she wants to talk about it...

:cry: That's terrible, the poor thing. Did you try to maybe call her, see if she has calmed down any? :thinking:

What about sending an email and saying you didn't mean to upset her more, but you're there if she wants to talk? I know it's a balance between showing care and checking up on people, and being too there (and them needing space). A friend at work has just split from her long-term boyfriend (he broke up with her), and she was off last Thursday and Friday - me and another friend emailed her a bit Thursday morning before she left, and I texted her on Friday and then again over the weekend to make sure she was OK. We're emailing now too.

:hug: for you and for her.

:hug: :hug: :hug: Thanks, guys... I'm seriously thinking about giving her a call (I'm not sure what her home email is...) Just to see if she got home safely. I'm just not sure what she'd appreciate most--space or acknowledgement. :thinking:

:hug: :hug: :hug: Thanks, guys... I'm seriously thinking about giving her a call (I'm not sure what her home email is...) Just to see if she got home safely. I'm just not sure what she'd appreciate most--space or acknowledgement. :thinking:

I know - that's what my friend Louise and I agreed, with our friend K. We let her know we were sorry and we cared, and if she needed anything, to call. Then I texted to make sure she was OK Friday, and again Saturday I think (or Sunday, one of the two). K appreciated me asking at the weekend, especially when I said I'd been thinking about her and missed her at the pub lunch we went to. She emailed me first this morning, and we've been emailing on and off.

If you say you're there for her, any time, and she knows how to get hold of you, then I think that's all you can do for now. Maybe follow up tomorrow with an email or text or something? She's lucky she's got you looking out for her though :hug:

I'd been refreshing the thread once or twice and just thought there were no new replies, then twigged there was a new page :lol:

Oh, I forgot to tell you guys about the crazy dream I had last night. :lol: In my dream I broke a bottle of my favorite wine and I couldn't stop crying about it. :lol: A couple of friends came over and and caught me crying and tried to soothe me but nothing seemed to work. :lol: I do know how to enjoy a good wine, but I'm not generally fond of alcohol. So this dream really surprised me. :lol:

:hi: Gracie! :hug: :love:
Hmmm, sometimes it's hard to decide... different people react differently. :(

I'm doing well Christin, thankyou for asking. It's almost bed time for me though. (n)

I know - that's what my friend Louise and I agreed, with our friend K. We let her know we were sorry and we cared, and if she needed anything, to call. Then I texted to make sure she was OK Friday, and again Saturday I think (or Sunday, one of the two). K appreciated me asking at the weekend, especially when I said I'd been thinking about her and missed her at the pub lunch we went to. She emailed me first this morning, and we've been emailing on and off.

If you say you're there for her, any time, and she knows how to get hold of you, then I think that's all you can do for now. Maybe follow up tomorrow with an email or text or something? She's lucky she's got you looking out for her though : hug:
Well, maybe... :lol: It does sound as though K is lucky to have you. :hug:

Oh, I forgot to tell you guys about the crazy dream I had last night. :l ol: In my dream I broke a bottle of my favorite wine and I couldn't stop crying about it. :l ol: A couple of friends came over and and caught me crying and tried to soothe me but nothing seemed to work. :l ol: I do know how to enjoy a good wine, but I'm not generally fond of alcohol. So this dream really surprised me. :l ol:
:rotfl: That's a great dream! ^_^

Hmmm, sometimes it's hard to decide... different people react differently. : (
Yeah... :(

Okey-dokey.... I've got to get myself off the computer and on to doing other things. I'll see you all tomorrow night!

"I'm all aloooooone, there's no-one besiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide meeeee,
I'm on my owwwwwwwwwwwn, there's no-one to deriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide meeeeeeee....

Butcha gotta have friends..." [/Donkey]

I'm debating posting my fanfics over here, there are people here who don't go to SD-1, I think.

And sweet Moses, I am getting tired of typing "barrier repair". All the jobs I couldn't add on to timesheets were barrier repairs. And they affect several men, over several days. So I have two options - 1) do one man's sheet at a time, and have to type each day's job out. Or 2) type out one job and copy it, then go into each affected man's sheet and paste it.

Six of one and half a dozen of the other - I either save time by working on one man at a time, but lose time typing each job out (even if only 18.00-23.30, A38 barrier repair), or I save time by copying and pasting one job at a time, but having to keep opening up a different man's timesheet each time.

:rolleyes:

Hence the frequent breaks to check here, I need to type something other than hours and barrier repair! :lol:

ETA - silly me - night Song and Gracie! Have a good night, and no crazy dreams :hug:

I'm doing well Christin, thankyou for asking. It's almost bed time for me though. (n)
Sleep tight and sweet dreams. :hug: :smooch:

:rotfl: That's a great dream! ^_^

Okey-dokey.... I've got to get myself off the computer and on to doing other things. I'll see you all tomorrow night!

Sweet dreams! :hug: :smooch: See you tomorrow!

"I'm all aloooooone, there's no-one besiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide meeeee,
I'm on my owwwwwwwwwwwn, there's no-one to deriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide meeeeeeee....

Butcha gotta have friends..." [/Donkey]

I'm debating posting my fanfics over here, there are people here who don't go to SD-1, I think.

And sweet Moses, I am getting tired of typing "barrier repair". All the jobs I couldn't add on to timesheets were barrier repairs. And they affect several men, over several days. So I have two options - 1) do one man's sheet at a time, and have to type each day's job out. Or 2) type out one job and copy it, then go into each affected man's sheet and paste it.

Six of one and half a dozen of the other - I either save time by working on one man at a time, but lose time typing each job out (even if only 18.00-23.30, A38 barrier repair), or I save time by copying and pasting one job at a time, but having to keep opening up a different man's timesheet each time.

:rolleyes:

Hence the frequent breaks to check here, I need to type something other than hours and barrier repair! :lol:

ETA - silly me - night Song and Gracie! Have a good night, and no crazy dreams :hug:
I'm here...

🔨 and :console: for the barrier repair thing... :smooch:

Yay, you're still here! When I came to make the post, I was all alone, not even a :moose: around.

Funny dream, Christin - ever had an Alias one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back