SD-1 Refugee Thread-The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
:hi: everyone! :hug:
She's still at the hospital. She's been there since 10 in the morning (So, she could fill out paper work or something). She told me to stay home. She knew that I would get very bored at the hospital. They said that she doesn't have to spend over the night at the hospital. I haven't got a phone call from my dad yet. My mom said she's thinking she should be out of there around 4 or 5. I’ll let you know more when I hear more.

Another thing, remember when my mom was really sick and she ended up in the ER at the hospital? The doctor told her it was a kidney stone and that will pass. So, he just sent her home. This is interesting. The gal that I work with had to take her daughter to the ER (My boss and her believe it was the same ER doctor that my mom had) The daughter was having painful headaches. The ER doctor told the gal, "It's a heat stroke." And, he just sent her to a cool room and let her rest. The girl was passing out in that room. The ER doctor never gave a cat scan to really check her. He just gave her antibiotics and sent her home. Month later, she still having bad headaches. So, the gal took her to another family doctor and the doctor gave her a cat scan and they found a tumor in her brain. :eek: The daughter ended up in a special ed because of the tumor. The tumor held her back.

I told my mom, “I think we should do something about this ER doctor. If he’s giving faults medical to his patients.”

I know what you mean about Posh Spice, helen. I don't think you'd have offended anyone. To me, it becomes fairly obvious when someone is well below the healthy BMI range, like it's something everyone can pretty much agree on. She's pretty bad. Like Nicole Richie has been at times.

And since I'm on a celebrity topic, I'd like to say that I'm actually kinda sad about Justin Timberlake and Cameron Diaz beaking up? I thought they'd stick for much longer and I liked them. Ah well. :lol:

Anyway, just cruising by again, as I've been editing my paper. I seriously think I'm done now. :lol: It almost never ends. Reggie'sMomma is coming over soon. :bye:

Yes - BMI and just general appearance of being healthy.

I know, me too. I like her as a person (acting I'm OK about, but she's not in my top 10 I don't think), she seems lovely and friendly, genuine and warm. And Justin seemed a good guy, and talented (dancing and live singing). They complimented each other as a couple and I thought they'd last a while too. I did hear rumbles of a split a few days ago or maybe a week - something about him staying overnight at Drew Barrymore's house over New Year and leaving in the same clothes he arrived in or something which got the gossipers going. It was on the radio news, I hoped it was just the gossip machine making something out of nothing, but maybe not :(

Yay, well done on finishing!

ookay!!...I am outta here..I have decided to go buy the memory I need for the laptop today and get a head start on my three day weekend....besides..I need to make a trip to the bank ;)

:hi:

Buy something nice for yourself. ^_^

My mom just came home. She just went to bed. She's tired. I can't wait until she's all better. I don't like when parents are sick. 🇳🇴 My boss told me, "She will feel a lot better after the remove of the gall bladder."

I refreshed at SD-1 and I'm getting "Connection was reset." So, maybe? :thinking:

This is kinda funny. But, it's really not.

http://www.montanasnewsstation.com/Global/...y.asp?S=5925580

: oldhi: Song : hug:

How are you both?
I'm alright, thanks. Had a busy week, especially the last few days. And I'm sooo behind.

I just came online to see if I have school because I'm such an optimist. Of course we still have school. It's a whopping -1F outside : frozen:
:eek:

My current problem is that I have to decide by Monday (so I can get full tuition refund) whether or not I'm going to take this term off. It's something I've been thinking about for a long time, but I'm just not sure. I'm transferring (again! :rolleyes:) in the fall to Concordia University. It's a private school in Portland that is like UPS in terms of academics, but is less expensive. My sister (the one that lives here) went there and worked there for a while and thinks that it would be a better fit for me. I'm back in Portland with friends, yet I still get a private school education. This may make me sound like a snob, but I can't deal with being in a public school like PSU. I'm surrounded by students that don't care or dont know anything. One of my classes made me buy a book that teaches you how to write a sentence. :Pinch: (I've since dropped this class.) I've now decided that it's worth the extra money to be in a school where you actually have to have some brains to get there. Anyway, I'm taking two classes right now and it's costing me $1200. I'm going to go to a local community college (something I said I'd never do) for spring and summer terms so that I can get enough credits to transfer into Concordia with sophomore standing. Regardless of if I take classes this term or not, I would still have to go during summer to catch up. This is where my dilemma comes in. I really can't afford to take two classes that aren't really going to get me anything. And if I didn't go, I coud work full-time and save money so that I wouldn't have to get quite as many student loans. My parents right now are saying that they'll pay for spring/summer, but they've said that before and backed out so I'm not holding my breath.

So yeah. That's my current decision that I'm working on. I hope that makes sense. :lol: That, school in general, and problems with my parents, and Internet problems have what's been keeping me away lately. I need a vacation. :lol:
:hug: Lucky, I'm so pleased that you stopped by--I've been thinking about you! I'm sorry that you're going through an uncertain time right now... I think that everyone here is right--taking some time off school could be really good for you. And I don't think it's a bad thing, either. Lots of people do it. Anyway, what ever decision you make, we all support you 100%.

I am so freaking bored!!!!...yesterday I left work an hour early because I had nothing to do and it was driving me nuts!...the thing is...I HAVE stuff to do but it is all doable on my laptop ( files to organize, burn, etc..) and I can't even watch videos here so I am stuck with sitting and trying to read on Oracle :smiley:yucky:smiley: there is a reason I am on break people!..it is because I wanna do anything and everything that is not computer science! :hmmm:..oh well....it seems I will be leaving early today too :shifty:

[/rant]
:hug: Aw, sally. Would you like to trade jobs? :P

: scooter:

um, now, i'm feeling a little self centered saying this but i really had a bad day and now i have to go spend some money. : down: : ( : bye:

: scooter:
I'm sorry you had a bad day, jsf. :hug:

My mom just came home. She just went to bed. She's tired. I can't wait until she's all better. I don't like when parents are sick. 🇳🇴 My boss told me, "She will feel a lot better after the remove of the gall bladder."
Once she's recovered from the operation, she will feel a lot better. :telepath:

It's time for her meds. I really don't want to wake her. :thinking: My dog wanted to lay on her stomach when she first lay down and she won't let him. I guess the doctor told my dad that she had scar tissue and he said that's normal.

I know, me too. I like her as a person (acting I'm OK about, but she's not in my top 10 I don't think), she seems lovely and friendly, genuine and warm. And Justin seemed a good guy, and talented (dancing and live singing). They complimented each other as a couple and I thought they'd last a while too. I did hear rumbles of a split a few days ago or maybe a week - something about him staying overnight at Drew Barrymore's house over New Year and leaving in the same clothes he arrived in or something which got the gossipers going. It was on the radio news, I hoped it was just the gossip machine making something out of nothing, but maybe not :(

Yay, well done on finishing!
Oh really? I always thought Cameron and Drew are good friends so maybe he was partying over there, and just couldn't drive home. I'm sure the rumors will be flying soon enough.

Thanks! I guess it really won't be totally finished until I have copies printed out, stamped, and in the mail but it was good getting that much done.

Who wants this freezing :cold: Anyone? :thinking: I'd be happy to give it to you. It's 9.2 outside :cold:
I'll take it. You can have mine, it's only 1 degree. :lol:

😌 I'm glad she's home. Hope she sleeps well! I bet she must need lots of rest.

Well, just 🛴 by to see what's up. Gonna watch some of my show, which I haven't done all day. It is not warm in this apartment. :hmmm: 🔨 I don't think my hot water heat can compete with these temps. I mean, it's 70 degrees inside, but that's not warm enough for me! I started a fire and want more wood, but I really don't wanna go out and get it in this weather, even though it's just at the deli next door. :lol: I'll wait until the daytime when it's warmer. Anyway, have a fun night everyone! :group:

On a second thought... you can keep that 1 degree. :P

She's off the next few days. So, she will rest a lot.

I mean, it's 70 degrees inside, but that's not warm enough for me!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! :blush: If I have it up to 73 and my mom is like flashing her shirt. :lol:

What is going on with firefox tonight? 🔨

It seems firefox wants to freeze and then it won't respond and all of the sudden it's working. 🔨

:thinking:..my firefox has been fine

I got a memory upgrade for the laptop!! :w00t: :happydance: :w00t:....now I have a whopping 1.5 GB RAM..... :D

ehm!..sorry...:blush:

Mine is still acting up.

I need to add more memory for my laptop as well. How much do they run? :thinking:

My mom is up and she said that she just sore and her back doesn't hurt like before.

Grrrrrrr.........firefox don't mess with me tonight.

that should work with a Hp right? :thinking: 1gb chip is a good choice I take? :lol: I do play the sims. That's why I kinda want to give my laptop more memory.

just make sure to take the laptop with you and show it to a knowledgable rep so he can find outr your RAM's specs ;)....especially if you're not comfortable with opening it and checking these things out on your own :smiley:

Does anyone know what the freak is going on with SD1????? I can't even get the thing to come up!

Any news would be welcome at this point!
Luv, Tia! :king:

it started as a maintenance..then became an upgrade....then snowballed....it is supposed to be up again tonight..we hope! :smiley:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back