SD-1 Refugee Thread-The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not exactly sure where it is from, either. But it's nice. :lovely: And, if you want, go here to see the picture I was telling you about. I was going to attempt an avatar with that image, but I thought I should wait until after the episode aired. 🤷

You didn't like the book? Hmm. My friend recommended it to me a while back. She found her copy and is letting me borrow it. I've always wanted to read it. I just never got around to doing so. And I probably won't get around to doing so until after Boston. :(

:eek:ldhi: :group: Just a 🛴 catch-up post from me. :smiley:

Btw, my Kemosabe is still back. : D He ripped on me for not wanting to be a journalist because i'll get caught up in a conspiracy about a 500 year old guy and find out that my best friend works for the government or that she's a bad guy. :lo l: i should have just kept my mouth shut for that one. :l ol:
:lol:

The darn fire alarm went off again. This time, they told us that it is malfunctioning. It has been malfunctioning. The resident director said that even though it is malfunctioning, we still have to come outside. My suite-mate and I were like, "Are you crazy? We're staying in our beds!" But, then we found out that not coming out during a fire alarm is a $250 fine. :wa cko: Yeesh.
$250! Are they trying to at least fix the malfunctioning fire alarm? :angry: Although, this does prevent all of us staying up all night during the stakeout. :lol:

Okay, the dates are:
San Francisco: 28th October to 9th November
Portland: 9th November to 12th November
New York: 12th November to 12th January (I'm basing myself out of NY for two months, but I'm going to make day trips/overnight trips to Washington and Boston then I'm going to Toronto for one weekend somewhere in that period as well...)
Los Angeles: 12th January 24th January... then on the 24th I go back to San Francisco to fly home and I'll come home on the 24th. :( This time next year I'll be pretty much rounding up my trip and desperately planning when my next will be, I'm sure...

^ _^
:woot: for have your plans finalized! (y)

: blush: I was going to wait to tell you until I had something official, but I can't back out of things with this now so... :uns ure: I'm quitting my job. For real this time too, and everything. I've had a few pretty rough weeks (one in particular 2 weeks ago) and it's at a point now where I wake up in the morning and don't want to go and come home and cry. :dow n: Some of the things that have happened, you guys wouldn't believe and I'm sure some would convice Meloh to rally the army because of them. :l ol: I've been on the phone with the agency just now and I talked with my consultant there this morning about it. I just have to wait for another job to come up with the bank my dad works for, give my notice and I'm gone.

:mell ow:
Gracie, I hope everything works out and that you find something else soon. It's so frustrating being in such an uncomfortable and unhappy place. You deserve much better! :smooch:

Oh it wasn't intended as a reminder to you - I keep reminding myself to do my CD for you! Last night I didn't burn it, but I DID work on adding music to it. See I'd lined up the songs for Nsspense and Candace's CDs, and then remembered some songs I'd missed. Since then, I've bought new music and was gonna add some of that to it. So last night I went through, adding some songs, and removing others I thought weren't quite right. It started at 56 songs and ended on 40 - I think it ended up a little lower, actually. I MUST remember to add the two Daniel Bedingfield tracks...

Then, I'll post/PM the song list to you, and see if there are any you already have or any you don't like/want, and once that's done, I can burn it. Then post it to you (and the CDs to Nsspense and Candace, and photos to my grandparents). It took all night to work on the playlist though!
Ouch!

Oh this is so exciting! I'm very jealous ;). Are you gonna keep a travel journal? Or a Blog or something? We could all comment on it then (and friends and family). Sorry - I get excited about travel and photos :D And ooh, you leave the day after my birthday (27th) (you leave on Mellie's birthday, the 28th)!
Like you even have to ask :sternface:
Oh, I know, but I'm glad you mentioned it because it completely slipped my mind. :blush: Hopefully I can burn the CDs tonight and then mail them out tomorrow . . . Friday at the latest! :smiley:

I noticed she was leaving around our birthdays too! :lol: I like the idea of a travel blog, it you have time of course! You know we'd love to share your adventures with you. :lol:

:baaa : Yeah... : (

Aww, can I have some of your sun? Sun mixed with snow would be even better than just snow. :love:

Snow pictures:
Snow 1
Snow 2
:wu b:
Pretty snow pictures, Christin! They've forecast snow here for overnight on Saturday . . . yeah, right. If anything, we might get a dusting, but I guarantee you there will be no milk, eggs or bread at the grocery store! :lol:

Okay, back to lunch and then work. See you all later! :hi:

:eek:ldhi:

It's been a stressful morning, but I thought I'd stop by and say hi!

Gracie, I'm so glad you're finally quitting your job! It will be so good for you to get out of there. :hug: :smooch: Oh, and I better get to see you when you come to Portland! :w00t:

I'm sure I had more, but I can't really think right now.

🛴 :hi: :group:

Studiously avoiding the spoiler tags.

Christin thanks for the snow pictures. :lovely:

And I feel icky so I'm going to lay down before my last 2 classes.

:hi:

🛴

$250! Are they trying to at least fix the malfunctioning fire alarm? :angry: Although, this does prevent all of us staying up all night during the stakeout. :lol:

Pretty snow pictures, Christin! They've forecast snow here for overnight on Saturday . . . yeah, right. If anything, we might get a dusting, but I guarantee you there will be no milk, eggs or bread at the grocery store! :lol:
They said they're trying to fix it. But who knows when it will be fixed? I'm kind of bummed about the stakeout not happening. :( :lol:

Oh, man, I know how that goes. I used to HATE working at the local grocery store when they predicted snow or ice. So many people rushing out to buy things. And then, nothing would happen! :lol:

It's been a stressful morning, but I thought I'd stop by and say hi!
:eek:ldhi: Lucky! Sorry the morning has been stressful for you. :console: But I'm so :woot: that you've stopped by!! :hug:

Studiously avoiding the spoiler tags.

Good job, kiddo! :lol:

Aw, I'm sorry. Feel better, Kelley. :telepath: :hug:

I'm not exactly sure where it is from, either. But it's nice. :lovely: And, if you want, go here to see the picture I was telling you about. I was going to attempt an avatar with that image, but I thought I should wait until after the episode aired. 🤷

You didn't like the book? Hmm. My friend recommended it to me a while back. She found her copy and is letting me borrow it. I've always wanted to read it. I just never got around to doing so. And I probably won't get around to doing so until after Boston. :(
I saw the picture and it's wonderful. I love the way he's looking at her. :love: I'll have to do some searching to figure out where your av picture came from.

I read the book in high school, but I don't remember liking it. I didn't hate it and I might enjoy it more now.

:rotflm ao: Oh I couldn't do that to her. Who would go see movies with me? :lo l: (P.S. Jen's movie comes out on Friday, but Friday isn't actually good for me, so maybe another time this weekend or next, nsspense?)

I think I do. That's something I need to do tonight - load my photos from winter break and download the ones in my email.

I hope you find them :smiley:

Hopefully I'll be able to share some photos from the weekend in a few days. We went to the aquarium yesterday! :really excited: It was my first time, and Lucas' first time as well. It was so cool. We went through this tunnel thing, an oceanarium or something, and we saw sharks (the biggest one swam right over us!), stingrays and fish, and throughout the whole thing there were kiwis, lizards, turtles, starfish, seahorses, and a crocodile! And there was a fish that looked exactly like Nemo ^ _^ It was awesome!
which aquarium was that? the Sydney won has a shark tunnel as well. It's very cool.

It's so exciting. I need to see Babel and Little Miss Sunshine. I wouldn't mind seeing The Queen, either.
I watched Little Miss Sunshine yesterday. It's pretty good. The little girl is adorable.

Guess what my dad finally got.... DSL!! :w00t: No more dial-up for me! It's rather exciting. Now I can catch up on Grey's at home rather than having to wait for the days when I have class! :lo l:
you've been on dial-up this whole time? wow, glad you got DSL!

:l ol: It's not a who, but a what! Tintern Abbey Yesterday, I read Wordsworth's poem about Tintern Abbey and today, we talked about it in class. Now, I have this crazy desire to go to England and see it! I want to experience what he describes! I am a BIG nerd! :l ol:
:Ponder: I think I've been there.

Okay, the dates are:
San Francisco: 28th October to 9th November
Portland: 9th November to 12th November
New York: 12th November to 12th January (I'm basing myself out of NY for two months, but I'm going to make day trips/overnight trips to Washington and Boston then I'm going to Toronto for one weekend somewhere in that period as well...)
Los Angeles: 12th January 24th January... then on the 24th I go back to San Francisco to fly home and I'll come home on the 24th. : ( This time next year I'll be pretty much rounding up my trip and desperately planning when my next will be, I'm sure...
hopefully I can make a winter trip to NYC...that would be fun!

: blush: I was going to wait to tell you until I had something official, but I can't back out of things with this now so... :uns ure: I'm quitting my job. For real this time too, and everything.
I'm glad you're finally getting out of there!

Aww, can I have some of your sun? Sun mixed with snow would be even better than just snow. :w ub:

Snow pictures:
Snow 1
Snow 2
: wub:
oh wow that's beautiful!

I just found out yesterday that we are now on Day 35 of continuous snow coverage. :Passout: I mean, that used to happen frequently years and years ago but snow never stays more than a week here usually! If it holds for 29 more days, we'll break the state record! :lol
global warming, Colorado colding? :lol: I bet it won't last another 29 days.

You didn't like the book? Hmm. My friend recommended it to me a while back. She found her copy and is letting me borrow it. I've always wanted to read it. I just never got around to doing so. And I probably won't get around to doing so until after Boston. : (
I wasn't particularly enamored with it either...it struck me as rather tedious, personally. But I hope you like it :smiley:

I'm so excited to see you as well! I actually had a dream about you last night, but I don't really remembered what happened. I know you were there, though! :lol: :smooch:
Neat! I've been in so many people's dreams lately. I feel so special. :blush:

I saw the picture and it's wonderful. I love the way he's looking at her. :love: I'll have to do some searching to figure out where your av picture came from.

I read the book in high school, but I don't remember liking it. I didn't hate it and I might enjoy it more now.

I am seriously in love with the picture. He's wonderful. :lol:

I wish I had been made to read the book in high school. Stupid school.

:eek:ldhi: Helen! Have you been to Tintern Abbey? I'm sure you have. Please say you have.

Tedious, Drew? Hmmm. :Ponder: :eek:ldhi:

I refreshed and read some comments, and wondered why I'd not commented on some stuff. Odd, I thought. Then I quote a Meloh post, come to reply and find all my quotes... I'd quoted, but not hit reply :doh: :lol:

So, how is everyone's day going so far?

Ah, see the posts above ;)

But I'm home now, and cooked 'fajitas' in that I did Quorn chunks, tomato sauce, tinned chopped tomatoes, fajita mix, but kidney beans (in garlic sauce) and sweetcorn. No peppers. But I did it with rice. All mushed together.

Luckily I remembered when I visited my friends last time, and Gem said she'd only use half the fajita mix packet, as the last time they'd used the whole thing and blown their heads off. I used about half the packet tonight and it was just spicy enough :smiley:

I just found out yesterday that we are now on Day 35 of continuous snow coverage. :Passout: I mean, that used to happen frequently years and years ago but snow never stays more than a week here usually! If it holds for 29 more days, we'll break the state record! :lol:

I'm pondering just taking my day off today instead of Friday.

Feel better soon! :hug:

:eek:ldhi: Helen! Have you been to Tintern Abbey? I'm sure you have. Please say you have.

:bag: I haven't been there! In fact I think I've heard of it, but couldn't even tell you where it is! Hang on...

ETA - ah, Wales! Driveable from me, if I were able to drive :lol:. Here you go! - some interesting photos of it http://www.tintern.org.uk/abbey2.htm (Sorry, hit quick edit by habit)

Alright, I'm going to go try and make my next class... that is, if I can find parking this time. :Pinch:

I hope everyone has a wonderful afternoon!

:bag: I haven't been there! In fact I think I've heard of it, but couldn't even tell you where it is! Hang on...

ETA - ah, Wales! Driveable from me, if I were able to drive :lol:. Here you go! - some interesting photos of it http://www.tintern.org.uk/abbey2.htm (Sorry, hit quick edit by habit)
Oh, that's so sad that you've never been! You're so close! :( I want to see it so bad! ETA: I want to see it so bad, just like I want to see the rest of the world. I need to win the lottery or make oodles of money if I'm ever going to see everything I want to see in the world.

Drew, do you have any of your own pictures, if you've been there like you think you have?

Dude! This bank near my best friend's work was robbed this morning. They had to lock down the school she works at for three hours! I can't believe someone would rob that particular bank. It's a very bold move. Maybe the bank robbery was a distraction for something taking place somewhere else in the city. :Ponder:

I've been to Whitby Abbey (Whitby? Something to do with Bram Stoker and Dracula?). Got some good pictures of that I can show you. That's a similar abbey :smiley:

Meloh your picture is driving me nuts! I can't place the picture and it's driving me insane and I don't have time to search for the picture here at school. It's really bothering me. I'm seriously sitting here tapping my fingers on my keys because I'm that irritated. And my foot is shaking. I can't handle not knowing things. Speaking of not knowing things....I still don't know what MelohMom thinks is wrong with you.

Class is starting. I should pretend to pay attention.

Meloh your picture is driving me nuts! I can't place the picture and it's driving me insane and I don't have time to search for the picture here at school. It's really bothering me. I'm seriously sitting here tapping my fingers on my keys because I'm that irritated. And my foot is shaking. I can't handle not knowing things. Speaking of not knowing things....I still don't know what MelohMom thinks is wrong with you.

Class is starting. I should pretend to pay attention.

Okay. I've changed the photo. Do not let it drive you nuts. I'm thinking it has to be Season 6, but I'm not sure where, either. I'll have to look into it. And I need to PM you.

Yes. Pay attention. *nod*

:eek:ldhi: all!

Oh I've always, always wanted to read that book again. When I read it in high school, I remember enjoying more than most of the other books I'd read but also being sort of like, "Uh. Okay." towards the end. :Ponder: I really need to read it again.

Oh, man, I know how that goes. I used to HATE working at the local grocery store when they predicted snow or ice. So many people rushing out to buy things. And then, nothing would happen! :lol:
:lol: My mom cancelled our good friend's baby shower two weeks in a row. The second week... those weatherpeople in Oklahoma predicted 6 to 10 inches or something ridiculous and absolutely nothing happened. :lol: Oy.

I hope you find them :smiley:

global warming, Colorado colding? :lol: I bet it won't last another 29 days.

I wasn't particularly enamored with it either...it struck me as rather tedious, personally. But I hope you like it :smiley:
Oh right, I'd deleted them. :Pinch: I'll ask for them again though. And oh man - I saw ReggiesMomma's photos last night. They shoveled a path for the dogs to get out of the house and Reggie is standing in it and the snow is over twice his height! And he's a bigger dog. It was so cool!

:lol: Yeah, probably not. Since next month is February. I bet it'll melt within a few weeks and then late March and April we'll get slammed again, cuz that's how a strong El Nino normally works. And if it went like that, everyone would be happy about late spring snow! If we get one more substantial snow storm sometime in February though, we might make it. People's lawns are still completely, pretty deeply covered.

Really. :Ponder: When did you read it? I'm wondering if I'd find certain characters tedious (read: totally annoying) if I were to read it now.

So...we're still here!

:eek:ldhi: Helen :hug:
:eek:ldhi: Talula :hug:
:eek:ldhi: Chris
:hug:

How are you guys?

Catch-up coming soon...and hopefully a photo PM! :w00t: Not from the weekend, coz I don't think my sister has put them on the computer. But there's some of little baby Riley :lovely: (my new nephew, for those of you who don't know)

Oh, I would enjoy seeing pictures of Whitby Abbey. *nod*

Here you go! Spoilered them so that random people wandering by aren't likely to see them :blush:

Oh it won't let me spoiler them 🔨. OK I'll delete them, after a while then (y)

Gone! Will PM when SD-1's up. I'm uploading some new ones anyway (y) :smiley:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back