SD-1 Refugee Thread-The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. Why are all the creepy sharks going bye-bye?

Did you figure it out, Melly? :thinking: *goes back to check* Oh, you did and I totally missed it! :doh: I'm sorry. :blush: You are, without a doubt, a Gilmore Girls maven. :notworthy: How did you figure that out?
They aren't as much going bye-bye as they are just not seen alive. They live in really deep areas of the ocean where they aren't observed. Plus there are a lot of sharks dying off because of us killing them (although that's not so much with these sharks that I'm talking about) and because they don't have food to eat anymore. Kind of like the dinosaurs. A lot of sharks died off when the dinosaurs did and I think it's the same theory. Some of these sharks are just dying off.

It's okay that you missed it. Thanks for caring now that I made you go back and look. :blush:

I can pretty much promise you that nobody really wants to read what is inside of this.
As I mentioned earlier I knew it wasn't from Partings or A Vineyard Valentine. I was looking at screen shots of episodes and trying to remember what happened with Rory and Logan in each episode. There weren't a lot of episodes where I could remember them hugging. I checked Driving Miss Daisy (the one when he comes home after his accident) because I knew they hugged after he walked on his own for the first time...but he was wearing a short-sleeved shirt in that scene. Then I remembered the hug from A House is Not a Home so I checked screen caps from that episode and their clothes match, but the hug wasn't right. But I figured it had to be the right hug so I popped in my season 5 DVD during a commercial of Idol and sure enough the hug was longer than the picture I found and it included what your hug looked like. It's a good hug. It's a Logan comforting Rory after his daddy was a jerk to her and they stole a boat and went to jail and she decides to drop out of Yale, 'cept he doesn't know that part yet hug.

:cool:
Yep ! :P
See, Drew, it's not just me! :lol:

The Goblin Shark is freaky! The Sand Tiger Shark, to me, looks like he's laughing. :lol:

Which one? The one who "isn't a singer?" :rolleyes: She was crazy!

The one who 'isn't a singer' was scary. The current one...worries me even more.

Oops - I lay down in bed about 10, maybe 10:30pm, read a little, and stopped. Just to get warm, I'd lain down.

Woke up about 3am, laptop still on (but hibernating), lights still on, not brushed teeth... I have to get up in about 3.5 hours :doh: Better go to sleep (again), and do the catch up on the last few pages, tomorrow.

Night :yawn:

I'm just wandering by. I needed to be in a safe place, internetally :smiley:rotfl:smiley:. I'm off again, sorta. : scooter:
:lol:

Nsspense - breakfast is following the advice of "as soon a safely possible" - you wouldn't want to have low blood sugar and try driving through the snow. I mean what if you got stuck? Better drive on a full stomach than an empty one, just in case you get stuck... :n od:
:rotfl: I think you're right Helen! It's much safer to drive on a full stomach! ^_^

Sweetie, you're taking DC out?!?! That's so sad. I adore DC. Although... I've only been there for a few hours one day during a crazy road trip to DC from Tennessee. :Pon der: It was a great three hours. We actually got lost in Baltimore! Good times. :lo l:

Nsspense, I hope you get to school safely. :tele path: And yes, take your time! Enjoy a nice breakfast! :eek:urthumbsup: (I don't like their thumbs up, either. : no: )
😌 Yeah, it's beautiful!

Where in Chicago was he born? And yeah you do need to worry about the :wh ip: :l ol: you're the only one within range.
I really don't know... somewhere very very poor and not nice. :lol:

:cons ole: I hope your day got better and that you made it safely! : )
Hmm, it's been 2 days, but I think this was about me... yes I did have a good day and get there safely! The roads weren't that bad :blush: I'm turning into a Coloradoan! :eek:

:rotflmao: Oh I couldn't do that to her. Who would go see movies with me? :lol : (P.S. Jen's movie comes out on Friday, but Friday isn't actually good for me, so maybe another time this weekend or next, nsspense?)
:lol: I've been spared! 😌
I might be able to do it Saturday, though some girls and I were talking about going to the movies the same day, so I'll have to get back to you on that. Then next weekend :fireman: and I will be away for our anniversary--but regardless, we'll go very soon! :lol:

Ohhh and nsspense... Washington is back on the trip!. :l ol:
:woot: Why the change? But congratulations on settling on your dates! So exciting :smiley:

:lo l: well she just said they had one, not necessarily used one...it's probably a good idea to have one in case of emergency because cell networks could be overloaded
:lol: This is true. I use mine for most calls, just not long distance ones. (y) That and I don't want everybody to have my cell number because, technically, it means they could reach me anywhere, anytime.

Yes! When I saw the previews for her I thought she'd say she was sort of Paula Cole influenced. :blink: She was awful!

eta: to fix my smilies.

etaa:
You mentioned running in 40 degrees and I quoted you out of sheer jealousy, but the quote is lost. That is shorts running weather around these parts! :dreamylook:
Shorts? Seriously? Wow. Maybe I'm just a weenie then. I can deal with working out in 30 degree weather, but I don't really like it. :lol: Give me anywhere between the 40s-85s and I'd be perfectly happy. (y) :lol:

:eek:ld hi: nsspense! :h ug: How's the snow? Do you have to go to school today?
:lol: Oh yeah, I definitely had school. In fact, the one hour delay we had really upset people. The other teachers who had taught at my school for 25 years said they'd never seen such a thing. They asked me what in the world was a delay? :thinking: Are you kidding? In DC I had memorized the bell schedule for delayed days!

But even so, it was 0.7 miles (I think, I forgot which street I stopped at), and a PPM (pace per mile) of 8:50, which was a good time for me BEFORE I stopped running in October! And this wasn't even me going fast tonight, so it made me happy :blu sh:.
:woot: yay!

: blush: I was going to wait to tell you until I had something official, but I can't back out of things with this now so... :un sure: I'm quitting my job. For real this time too, and everything. I've had a few pretty rough weeks (one in particular 2 weeks ago) and it's at a point now where I wake up in the morning and don't want to go and come home and cry. (n) Some of the things that have happened, you guys wouldn't believe and I'm sure some would convice Meloh to rally the army because of them. :lo l: I've been on the phone with the agency just now and I talked with my consultant there this morning about it. I just have to wait for another job to come up with the bank my dad works for, give my notice and I'm gone.
:yahoo: :confetti: :happydance: :w00t: Yay Grace!!! I'm so happy for you, you really need this 😌 You deserve so much better.

Then, I'll post/PM the song list to you, and see if there are any you already have or any you don't like/want, and once that's done, I can burn it. Then post it to you (and the CDs to Nsspense and Candace, and photos to my grandparents). It took all night to work on the playlist though!
:blush: You're so nice.

Pretty snow pictures, Christin! They've forecast snow here for overnight on Saturday . . . yeah, right. If anything, we might get a dusting, but I guarantee you there will be no milk, eggs or bread at the grocery store! : lol:
:lol: That's how it was in DC, too.
You mentioned running in 40 degrees and I quoted you out of sheer jealousy, but the quote is lost. That is shorts running weather around these parts! :dreamylook:

:l ol: Yeah, probably not. Since next month is February. I bet it'll melt within a few weeks and then late March and April we'll get slammed again, cuz that's how a strong El Nino normally works. And if it went like that, everyone would be happy about late spring snow! If we get one more substantial snow storm sometime in February though, we might make it. People's lawns are still completely, pretty deeply covered.
I don't expect to remember what grass looks like by spring. I haven't seen it since before Christmas! Today someone finally came and chopped up the 4 inches of ice that covered our parking lot. With the ice from about 10 parking spaces and the road around it, they made a pile 7 feet tall that took up one other parking spot :blink:

Ok I have fabulous news. Well, I think it's funny and I think you will, too. Today our friend Gayle went completely :gayle: on the rest of the social studies department, in the true sense of the 🔨 :gayle:
It's a ridiculously long story, and it has to do with a military coup that happened last year where Gayle was ousted from the Department Chair role :rotfl: Oh man.. I think conflict should upset me more, but I really don't think it will mess up the good natured department that it is, nor was I the one in trouble, and the whole thing was so dramatized, I can tell it's just emotions not reality :rolleyes:

Anyways, I'm just pleased that the :gayle: smilie is totally legitimate!

I can pretty much promise you that nobody really wants to read what is inside of this.
As I mentioned earlier I knew it wasn't from Partings or A Vineyard Valentine. I was looking at screen shots of episodes and trying to remember what happened with Rory and Logan in each episode. There weren't a lot of episodes where I could remember them hugging. I checked Driving Miss Daisy (the one when he comes home after his accident) because I knew they hugged after he walked on his own for the first time...but he was wearing a short-sleeved shirt in that scene. Then I remembered the hug from A House is Not a Home so I checked screen caps from that episode and their clothes match, but the hug wasn't right. But I figured it had to be the right hug so I popped in my season 5 DVD during a commercial of Idol and sure enough the hug was longer than the picture I found and it included what your hug looked like. It's a good hug. It's a Logan comforting Rory after his daddy was a jerk to her and they stole a boat and went to jail and she decides to drop out of Yale, 'cept he doesn't know that part yet hug.

You're so observant. Might you be a private investigator??
Ok I have fabulous news. Well, I think it's funny and I think you will, too. Today our friend Gayle went completely :gayle: on the rest of the social studies department, in the true sense of the 🔨 :gayle:
It's a ridiculously long story, and it has to do with a military coup that happened last year where Gayle was ousted from the Department Chair role :rotfl: Oh man.. I think conflict should upset me more, but I really don't think it will mess up the good natured department that it is, nor was I the one in trouble, and the whole thing was so dramatized, I can tell it's just emotions not reality :rolleyes:

Awesome! I knew Gayle would go all :gayle: sooner or later! Yay Gayle for going :gayle:! :w00t:

Erg. I think I shall go to bed soon. My sinuses/allergies/whatever are making me angry.

I really don't know... somewhere very very poor and not nice. :lol
:lol: oh ok, probably not the same area then. My parents lived in North Chicago, near the neighborhood where Home Alone was filmed (only a rented apartment, though, not one of those massive houses :lol:smiley:. And I was born in Children's Medical Center.

:lol: This is true. I use mine for most calls, just not long distance ones. : yes: That and I don't want everybody to have my cell number because, technically, it means they could reach me anywhere, anytime.
oh yeah, free long distance is the best! and yeah it is nice to be able to get away. Luckily people don't call me too much.

:lol: Oh yeah, I definitely had school. In fact, the one hour delay we had really upset people. The other teachers who had taught at my school for 25 years said they'd never seen such a thing. They asked me what in the world was a delay? :thinking: Are you kidding? In DC I had memorized the bell schedule for delayed days!
:really excited: yay!

Ok I have fabulous news. Well, I think it's funny and I think you will, too. Today our friend Gayle went completely :gayle: on the rest of the social studies department, in the true sense of the : hammer: :gayle:
It's a ridiculously long story, and it has to do with a military coup that happened last year where Gayle was ousted from the Department Chair role :ro tfl: Oh man.. I think conflict should upset me more, but I really don't think it will mess up the good natured department that it is, nor was I the one in trouble, and the whole thing was so dramatized, I can tell it's just emotions not reality :rolleyes
crazy Coloradoans! :lol:

:rotfl: that's hilarious! Hopefully emotions won't become reality, then.

You guys want to hear my anniversary project?
Well, the traditional 1 year gift is paper. So I got a leather journal and I'm going to start documenting our story. I'm going to start with how we started dating, go back to how we met and who we were, I'll put objects and stuff we've saved over the years so it's almost scrapbook-ish in places.. I know it sounds cheesy, and it is, but :fireman: has said he wants to do it but just doesn't see himself really getting it done.

And the modern 1 year anniversary gift is supposed to be clocks. So I found this tiny little time capsule with a little picture frame, case, and card you can write on :lovely: I'm excited!

But I only have three days that :fireman: will be at work and I'll be at home for parts of the day without him around to see me working on it! :nailbiting:

Well, the traditional 1 year gift is paper. So I got a leather journal and I'm going to start documenting our story. I'm going to start with how we started dating, go back to how we met and who we were, I'll put objects and stuff we've saved over the years so it's almost scrapbook-ish in places.. I know it sounds cheesy, and it is, but :fireman: has said he wants to do it but just doesn't see himself really getting it done.

And the modern 1 year anniversary gift is supposed to be clocks. So I found this tiny little time capsule with a little picture frame, case, and card you can write on :lovely: I'm excited!

But I only have three days that :fireman: will be at work and I'll be at home for parts of the day without him around to see me working on it! :nailbiting:
That's a wonderful idea! :lovely: I'm sure he'll adore it. :love:

I hope you get it done without him knowing. :telepath: It'll be the best surprise!

*nod*

Oops - I lay down in bed about 10, maybe 10:30pm, read a little, and stopped. Just to get warm, I'd lain down.

Woke up about 3am, laptop still on (but hibernating), lights still on, not brushed teeth... I have to get up in about 3.5 hours :doh: Better go to sleep (again), and do the catch up on the last few pages, tomorrow.

Night :yawn:
I'm sorry you fell asleep when you didn't mean to and that you now are going to get broken up sleep. I used to do that all the time in high school. I would fall asleep doing the homework that I wouldn't start until 10 o'clock each night and I would wake up at random hours in the morning with the lights on and I'd have to get out of bed to turn them off. Then I'd end up spending the next day at school trying to get my homework done before I had that class. It was not a good system I had going on.

You're so observant. Might you be a private investigator??

Erg. I think I shall go to bed soon. My sinuses/allergies/whatever are making me angry.
It would drive me too insane. I am obsessive when it comes to details and figuring things out, but I'm not always good at doing the figuring out and if I can't figure it out I really do drive myself crazy.

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. :console: I wish I could make you all better.

That sounds like a great idea! :lovely:

eta: I think I'm taking off for the night. I have a full day tomorrow since my boss is coming down from Kentucky. See you all tomorrow! :group: :hi:

That is such a wonderful idea. I don't think it's cheesy at all. I think it's very cool. It will be something you'll love having to look back at when you get older. :lovely: I think it's a very cool idea.

I wish you great luck in getting it all finished without him finding out. I think you can do it!

You are reminding me that I still need to make my not-Christmas gift for my Tammy and I haven't really put any effort into getting it made since I made my first attempt at it. I should really get on that.

The whole been arrested thing probably sealed her non-ticket to Hollywood. LAst thing they need is another legal scandle.

I'm sorry I'm writing you back so slowly tonight, MellieK. I'm sort of out it, and sort of unfocused. Keep wandering off from the comp etc. *l*

Haha, which'll be okay with you off to bed! G'night! :eek:ldhi:

Just a run-by posting for talula--I'm watching Top Chef and getting cranky. :angry: I'm sure there'll be a PM your way tomorrow. ^_^

Hi to everyone else! I hope everyone is doing well. I finally feel better after eight days of not feeling well at all. :D I hope everyone else is doing well! I'm off to bed early, but everyone have a wonderful day/night. :smiley:

So, they just reported on the news that the county I'm currently living in is one of seven counties in Arkansas with a major flu outbreak. They're shutting down schools and stuff. Greeaaaaat. :rolleyes:

G'night, Mellie! I hope the day isn't too stressful since your boss will be there. :telepath:

And I'm crawling into bed myself. Good night, darlings! :hug:

That is such a wonderful idea. I don't think it's cheesy at all. I think it's very cool. It will be something you'll love having to look back at when you get older. :lovely: I think it's a very cool idea.

I wish you great luck in getting it all finished without him finding out. I think you can do it!
You are reminding me that I still need to make my not-Christmas gift for my Tammy and I haven't really put any effort into getting it made since I made my first attempt at it. I should really get on that.
I think it's something we'll just keep adding to. I'll just start it. I know he already wrote out a ton of pages during the time between picking my engagement ring and actually proposing. He was going crazy not being able to talk to me about it :lol:

So, they just reported on the news that the county I'm currently living in is one of seven counties in Arkansas with a major flu outbreak. They're shutting down schools and stuff. Greeaaaaat. :rolleyes:
:console: I hope you don't get more sick than you already are. We need you to be getting all better. *nod*

I should really be studying for accounting and then getting myself some sleep. I've been so tired all day.

:lol: I scout students out on it, myself, and it is helpful at times. But you're right it has gotten more full of information and all sorts of things.

:rotfl: I hope Sweetie sees that. btw, your other wall posts are rather interesting without any context. They'd probably still be interesting with context as well :lol:.
Yeah. :o_O:

Me too! ^_^ My silly Reggie'sMomma. That girl just pulls things out of clean air. :lol:

I might be able to do it Saturday, though some girls and I were talking about going to the movies the same day, so I'll have to get back to you on that. Then next weekend :fireman: and I will be away for our anniversary--but regardless, we'll go very soon! :lol:
Okay, sounds good! I'm hoping that I'll find out this weekend that it really will be playing in town because it would be fun if I could get you up here!

:yahoo: :confetti: :happydance: :w00t: Yay Grace!!! I'm so happy for you, you really need this 😌 You deserve so much better.

I don't expect to remember what grass looks like by spring. I haven't seen it since before Christmas! Today someone finally came and chopped up the 4 inches of ice that covered our parking lot. With the ice from about 10 parking spaces and the road around it, they made a pile 7 feet tall that took up one other parking spot :blink:

:baaa:

Yeah, I still have to skate to get to the mailbox. 🔨

:rotflmao:

Just a run-by posting for talula--I'm watching Top Chef and getting cranky. :angry: I'm sure there'll be a PM your way tomorrow. ^_^
I just was not expecting that final two. :ermm: But, oh well. The food's been really interesting lately and that's what I'm watching for so hopefully it'll be good next week! 🤷

So, people, why isn't anyone talking about Veronica Mars because I just watched it and I KNOW that there are some of you who should have a very clear opinion on something that happened! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back