SD-1 Refugee Thread-The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, sounds good! I'm hoping that I'll find out this weekend that it really will be playing in town because it would be fun if I could get you up here!

Yeah, I still have to skate to get to the mailbox. 🔨

So, people, why isn't anyone talking about Veronica Mars because I just watched it and I KNOW that there are some of you who should have a very clear opinion on something that happened! :lol:
:woot: I'll come up there for sure! We're actually thinking of going to Boulder for a night for our anniversary, but I'm sure you won't be offended if you don't get to come along :lol:

Yeah, I've been doing that too! I ventured heels at work today and that parking lot was pretty exciting :rolleyes:

:lol: I'm stuck somewhere in season 1 and not even trying to keep up with real time ones...

So, people, why isn't anyone talking about Veronica Mars because I just watched it and I KNOW that there are some of you who should have a very clear opinion on something that happened! :lol:
This person isn't talking about it because she didn't watch it. I plan to. At some point. I just don't feel that I can handle it right now. I don't believe I appreciate the direction they are going to take my Logan in (if I'm correct and I really think I am) and I just don't have the heart to watch right now. I watched the State of the Union instead yesterday and played a nice drinking game. It was not a safe game and if I'd been taking actual shots like the game suggested I'd be dead.

I don't feel like studying. I have no motivation. I feel depressed and I just don't want to do it right now.

:woot: I'll come up there for sure! We're actually thinking of going to Boulder for a night for our anniversary, but I'm sure you won't be offended if you don't get to come along :lol:
I suppose that's alright with me. :lol:

This person isn't talking about it because she didn't watch it. I plan to. At some point. I just don't feel that I can handle it right now. I don't believe I appreciate the direction they are going to take my Logan in (if I'm correct and I really think I am) and I just don't have the heart to watch right now. I watched the State of the Union instead yesterday and played a nice drinking game. It was not a safe game and if I'd been taking actual shots like the game suggested I'd be dead.

I don't feel like studying. I have no motivation. I feel depressed and I just don't want to do it right now.
Well... okay I'll keep my mouth shut. :shifty: Of course I don't know if you're even reading spoilers or anything - you could know things that I do not. Oooh, now I wanna know. No, I don't. Just kidding. I've been go good about spoilage for so long!

:eek:ldhi: :group: One crappy catch-up coming right up. :lol:

Nsspense, I love your anniversary present idea. :lovely:

Meloh some anti-flu :telepath:'s for you.

Sally- :woot: and 😌 for :love: being back soon!!

So it became official this morning, I'm going to a Snow Patrol concert!!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot: I'm so excited! So far it's my best friend and me. I still have 2 seats to fill, but :woot:!

:hi: everyone! :hug:

Still no sd-1? :blink: *sighs*

My mom went back to work. She told me, "I miss the people. Not the work." :lol: Around 2:30 she was hurting. Her boss told her, "Go home." She went home.

I'm thinking about getting a new laptop. Well, once I find out how much money I will be getting back from Tax returns. If I get like 900 and I have another 200.00 saved. So, that should be enough for a laptop. :thinking: I think I still stick with Hp. I really never had a problem and I've always liked their help service. ^_^ I might need help on deciding which is the best intel Pentium and there is a new one I think it's called ethlon. :thinking:
This laptop I have now it's Pentium 4. I just want a faster laptop with great graphics and lot of memory.

that is such a cute idea for a gift nsspense..i can't believe it's been a year already!!....I still remember watching your wedding pictures and the video :fireman: made :lovely:

So it became official this morning, I'm going to a Snow Patrol concert!!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot: I'm so excited! So far it's my best friend and me. I still have 2 seats to fill, but :woot:!
:w00t: That's so awesome!! They're coming here next month, one day after Evanescence are coming. Oh, how I wish I could be rich :(

:eek:ldhi: Aimee! :hug: How are you?

I just found out that my jeans which I bought less than 3 months ago have a giant hole. :eek: :blink: It's currently in the washing machine, but once it's dry I'm going to take it back to the shop and get a refund or new jeans. <_< Not nice... 🔨

Will be in and out - I have a catch up to do, but I'm busy busy busy today :frantic:

Good busy, but not conducive to surfing the net!

:hug: and :smooch: to Christin!

I'm okay, just waiting for the jeans to be washed so I can hang them up. Then I'll go to the library and research something for my bosses... It's a quiet morning since I don't have singing lesson today. :smiley:

:eek:ldhi: It's a three day weekend! :woot: Happy almost Australia Day everyone! :cheers:

Oh this is so exciting! I'm very jealous ;). Are you gonna keep a travel journal? Or a Blog or something? We could all comment on it then (and friends and family). Sorry - I get excited about travel and photos :D And ooh, you leave the day after my birthday (27th) (you leave on Mellie's birthday, the 28th)!

Well I'm sorry you've had such a rough time, but I am so, SO glad you'll be getting out of there! :hug: :smooch: here's to bigger and better things for you :hug:
I'm going to keep a livejournal, or at least, try to, depending how often I can get a minute on the net, for friends and family -- mainly for my mum who I know will be at a great loss without me around all the time. :lol: And I'm going to keep a written journal for myself. :nod:

I know. I'm happy about leaving too. I've known for a long time that I should leave, but I'm really terrible about making decisions because I don't like change. So that's been wearing on me... a very wise person told me that I needed to draw up a list of pros and cons and go from there, so that helped in my decision making. Now, I'm actually sort of excited to get the hell out of that place! :blush:

I'm glad you are going to get a better job. :hug: You deserve better than what you are dealing with right now. *nod*
Thankyou Melly, that means alot. :smooch:

Lorelai isn't going to be single. Warning of big spoiler that I know you won't mind hearing, but in case someone else is reading this....word on the street is that she's going to be married to Luke (sorry *insert console smilie*) and maybe pregnant. I guess everyone is on board for an eight season 'cept Alexis so they are making plans for doing the next season without her. Making it more about Lorelai and Luke. I don't know if they'd really do it. If they are why couldn't Rory have moved off to New York or London with Logan? Why would she have to be alone? I just know that I've heard talk of Rory being single at the end of the season/series before and hearing it out of Matt's mouth makes me nervous. My heart hurts. I don't know if I can write you your PM today. Maybe later. It would just be depressing right now and that's no fun.
: shocking: SERIOUSLY? How the heck can it be Gilmore GirlS with just one Gilmore Girl???!!! : passout: Oh this is terrible! : cry:

I just found out yesterday that we are now on Day 35 of continuous snow coverage. :Passout: I mean, that used to happen frequently years and years ago but snow never stays more than a week here usually! If it holds for 29 more days, we'll break the state record! :lol:
Woah dude, seriously? That's insane! :Passout:

I noticed she was leaving around our birthdays too! :lol: I like the idea of a travel blog, it you have time of course! You know we'd love to share your adventures with you. :lol:
:lol: I'll do my best to keep one. Some of the places I picked out to stay do have internet with the rooms, but in NY, I won't... and considering I'll be in NY for 2 of the 3 months... welll... we'll see what happens. If I can't actually post it all gradually, I'll keep one typed up and post it when I can! :nod:

Gracie, I'm so glad you're finally quitting your job! It will be so good for you to get out of there. :hug: :smooch: Oh, and I better get to see you when you come to Portland! :w00t:
Dude! I'm staying in a hotel that is down the street from PSU! :woot: Well, at least, that's what it says. I'll PM you the details. :nod:

And I feel icky so I'm going to lay down before my last 2 classes.
(n) My poor Kelley. Get better, okay? :smooch: :hug:

Hee, Aimee! I know a lot of US places (and some Canadian and Australian) share names with the UK, but I've not heard of many with new Zealand! Cool though :smiley:

With Aimee and Talula's photos, and - damn, I forget whether it was Song or Grace now who got flooded on their trip :blush: - as well, we'll have lots of photo goodness to look forward too. And hopefully Mellie meeting Patrick Dempsey too.
:lol: In Sydney we have Liverpool and Canterbury... and north of Sydney we have Newcastle. :lol: That's the ones I can think of, off the top of my head. :lol:

Aww...no more Mr. Server :cry:
:rotflmao: This is a bad thing? :sideroll:

You got it, dude.
:rotflmao: You got it, dude!

people still use landlines? :lol:
When was the last time I told you to biteme? :whistle:

Agggh! I just deleted the quote by accident! Nsspense, I found that it was going to cost me a whole load of money to do what I had originally planned... that was San Fran to Portland to New York to Boston to Buffalo to Toronto to Buffalo to Boston to New York to Washington to New York to LA to San Francisco...( :shocking: *phew* ) Hence why I'm doing day trips and overnight trips out of NY. :lol:

You guys want to hear my anniversary project?
Well, the traditional 1 year gift is paper. So I got a leather journal and I'm going to start documenting our story. I'm going to start with how we started dating, go back to how we met and who we were, I'll put objects and stuff we've saved over the years so it's almost scrapbook-ish in places.. I know it sounds cheesy, and it is, but :fireman: has said he wants to do it but just doesn't see himself really getting it done.

And the modern 1 year anniversary gift is supposed to be clocks. So I found this tiny little time capsule with a little picture frame, case, and card you can write on :lovely: I'm excited!

But I only have three days that :fireman: will be at work and I'll be at home for parts of the day without him around to see me working on it! :nailbiting:
Seriously? That sounds amazing! Please make sure to tell us how it goes, it sounds really amazing. :love:

I just found out that my jeans which I bought less than 3 months ago have a giant hole. :eek: :blink: It's currently in the washing machine, but once it's dry I'm going to take it back to the shop and get a refund or new jeans. <_< Not nice... 🔨
:smash: So not cool. <_<

Drats. I can't go back cause it will mess up my quotes... but up there... 2 quotes from the bottom... it MUST be pretty amazing in my eyes, since I said it TWICE! :doh: :bag:

Insomnia strikes... :(

:hi: Helen :hug: How are you?

Gracie, I just want to say that I'm really supportive of you finding another job. :hug: I know you've been unhappy for so very long, and I just want to let you know that I'm behind you 100%. You deserve to be happy in your workplace. :love:

OK, got wonky quotes - the tags are good, so maybe it's the number of them...

:lol: Sounds very cool, Aimee! :nod:

aaaaand :love: had today his last interview 😌 :woot:...all he has left is another party this friday afternoon then he is back saturday....:yahoo:
we still have a landline in our place....well my parents do...my brother and I never answer it or use its number as a contact for anything of importance....I am pretty sure :love: and I will not be having one if the area we live in has cable and cable internet ;)

Sally, that's awesome news! :woot: I'm so pleased for both of you! :hug:

You're welcome guys :group: I know :( I read it and was like ":w00t: Tomorrow!"...but then realised that they're probably not going by New Zealand time :lol:

:lol: Probably not...

[Mellie/Drew]
We have a landline we use at home, we rarely use our mobiles (cells) at home. From what I know of my friends and family, it's the same with them. Way cheaper to use a landline.

You mentioned running in 40 degrees and I quoted you out of sheer jealousy, but the quote is lost. That is shorts running weather around these parts! :dreamylook:

I went out when it was 36F the other day (felt like 28F) - and it was cold, but with a hat and gloves I think I'd have been OK. It was quite enjoyable to start with, breath misting, the chill air, late evening sun... it was when I started getting painful aching fingers that it got less enjoyable ;)

You guys want to hear my anniversary project?
Well, the traditional 1 year gift is paper. So I got a leather journal and I'm going to start documenting our story. I'm going to start with how we started dating, go back to how we met and who we were, I'll put objects and stuff we've saved over the years so it's almost scrapbook-ish in places.. I know it sounds cheesy, and it is, but :fireman: has said he wants to do it but just doesn't see himself really getting it done.

And the modern 1 year anniversary gift is supposed to be clocks. So I found this tiny little time capsule with a little picture frame, case, and card you can write on :lovely: I'm excited!

I knew about paper, but not the modern gifts... learnt something new! They sound like wonderful presents, and even better, you can work on them together!

[Melly]
I was in the habit of regularly falling asleep and waking up between 1 and 2am, not so long ago. I got out of the habit, and this week I've even been in bed around of before midnight each night!

At least I had about 3.5 hours good sleep, then another 3.5 hours good sleep... (y)

eta: I think I'm taking off for the night. I have a full day tomorrow since my boss is coming down from Kentucky. See you all tomorrow! :group: :hi:

Ooh, good luck! :clover:

So, they just reported on the news that the county I'm currently living in is one of seven counties in Arkansas with a major flu outbreak. They're shutting down schools and stuff. Greeaaaaat. :rolleyes:

Stay cool-kid free! :hug:

Oh cool! I was never on the Snow Patrol bandwagon with their last album, as it got overplayed and everyone loved them. But their new stuff appealed to me, their last two songs (y) - Hope you have a wonderful time! I keep meaning to check out what concerts are on. It's awkward for me to get to and see concerts, but worth a look.

Oh that's poo! Grrr :hmmm: Hope you get them sorted!

:eek:ldhi: It's a three day weekend! :woot: Happy almost Australia Day everyone! :cheers:
I'm going to keep a livejournal, or at least, try to, depending how often I can get a minute on the net, for friends and family -- mainly for my mum who I know will be at a great loss without me around all the time. :lol: And I'm going to keep a written journal for myself. :nod:

I know. I'm happy about leaving too. I've known for a long time that I should leave, but I'm really terrible about making decisions because I don't like change. So that's been wearing on me... a very wise person told me that I needed to draw up a list of pros and cons and go from there, so that helped in my decision making. Now, I'm actually sort of excited to get the hell out of that place! :blush:

Oh, yay! I did a Blog when I got back from Warsaw and Budapest, but got most of it done, then stopped :doh:.

Yay for leaving! Hope it's soon :hug:

Insomnia strikes... :(

:hi: Helen :hug: How are you?

:console:

Busy busy! :frantic:. Speaking of, better get back to the grindstone :( (well :smiley: to being busy, but :( to no free internet time!)

*drags in pillow and blankets*

*curls up in the corner*

I think I'm just going to chill out over here for the day. I know the thread is kinda empty right now :smiley:oldhi: meloh) but I thought it would be rude if people were coming in and out and they didn't know I was sitting in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back